Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Handling: prepare to be surprised

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The 991 GT3 has so many nanny systems that a ham-fisted teenager could put up a decent Nurburgring time...

You are joking right? A 991 GT3 RS is capable of sub 7 min lap times at the ring. Do you think a standard Model S can keep up with this sort of pace, even for a minute?

Of course you might well find someone stroking their GT3 around casually and then of course you would keep up in a hard driven Model S, but the track capability of these cars is night and day different. Journalists talk serious crap sometimes.

I'm a big Tesla fanboy, but this is getting ridiculous!

Suspect nanny systems on electric can respond in ms, right?
I guess we can look to Rimac for verification.
Sooo, ICE for expensive fun?? and Electric for records? [see VW at Pikes Peak for verification]
o_O]
For more ICE car fun - [and why most need these nanny systems, right?] :
McLaren 720S completely destroyed one day after delivery
and yes, a professional driver has wrecked a Rimac too :
How Richard Hammond Crashed the Rimac Concept One
Fatal Tesla crash prompts another NTSB investigation
Of course, internet searches will find many more articles.

Reminder: in the US probably the most dangerous thing 16-24 year olds can do is driving a car. [unless opioids and suicides are taking the lead?] These two 18 year old killed one of the world's safest cars. Sadly, I think it was an Uncle that bought the Model S for his nephew. No such thing as fool proof. You can always find a better "fool" , right? "The 2014 Model S was in a residential zone with a 35-mph limit."
112 mph and speed "may have" been a factor

note: many articles will blame/imply they might have died from the Li-Ion batteries catching fire.

NTSB investigating 4 Tesla crashes - 40,000/ year die in auto accidents and you'd think Tesla the most dangerous car made.

For more ICE car fun - [and why most need these nanny systems, right?] :
McLaren 720S completely destroyed one day after delivery
and yes, a professional driver has wrecked a Rimac too :
How Richard Hammond Crashed the Rimac Concept One
Fatal Tesla crash prompts another NTSB investigation
Of course, internet searches will find many more articles.

Reminder: in the US probably the most dangerous thing 16-24 year olds can do is driving a car. [unless opioids and suicides are taking the lead?] These two 18 year old killed one of the world's safest cars. Sadly, I think it was an Uncle that bought the Model S for his nephew. No such thing as fool proof. You can always find a better "fool" , right? "The 2014 Model S was in a residential zone with a 35-mph limit."
112 mph and speed "may have" been a factor

note: many articles will blame/imply they might have died from the Li-Ion batteries catching fire.

NTSB investigating 4 Tesla crashes - 40,000/ year die in auto accidents and you'd think Tesla the most dangerous car made.

The problem with supercars is the ability to afford one has no correlation with driving talent or common sense. Especially when they get in the hands of the young!

• Love
Reactions: Brando
The car will be great, instant torque distribution, low COG, even weight distribution, good aero
That will be a starting point. The high performance market is about a LOT more than those starting parameters. Polar moment of inertia, front and rear power bias (see Porsche's rear wheel steering), the ever nebulous "flickability" and steering feedback to name a few.

That will be a starting point. The high performance market is about a LOT more than those starting parameters. Polar moment of inertia, front and rear power bias (see Porsche's rear wheel steering), the ever nebulous "flickability" and steering feedback to name a few.
The performance of that car will far exceed the performance the driver, I dont care what hack motoring journos say.

Be interesting if Tesla gives the option to setup the torque vectoring parameters, rather than swapping out diffs, just program how aggressive the turning is. Will be a huge game changer. As the things you mentioned, I heard this before from people criticizing the R32-R35 GTRs, those on the club level circuit were beaten then bought GTRs.