Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Handling

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well if I can't really track the car then I personally do not see a huge want for it. Although that only is a small ammount of time. It is the time that means the most to me because you really get to see how a car is under high stress. Maybe I will look again in a few years when battery tech is better and holds more power for long time while being lighter.

There are several here who have taken their Model S to the track, a bunch did Laguna Seca during REFUEL, and others go on a regular basis. Search the forums and there are long threads about how the car does, and where it is deficient.

I do not think I will hate engine noise and vibration. I am very much the type of person that likes having a feeling of driving a car that you can feel everything. I like the feel of a mechanical car.

- - - Updated - - -

How long can one drive a P85 hard? I want to drive the car hard at a track but do not want to drive only a dew laps and rub out of juice and wait for a recharge.

The steering has accurate but has no feeling, similar to many electric steering systems.
It won't last on a track, especially if it's hot out. They overheat quickly, at least the couple I've seen at the track.

Look for an E90 M3 if you need 4 doors and want a more mechanical feel since it has no turbos, and old school non-electric steering.

"The sound"? I don't care that my Teslas don't howl and scream while accelerating. And I'm an ex-Porsche owner. The faint whine while accelerating sounds like the future. That's all I need...
I do not think I will hate engine noise and vibration. I am very much the type of person that likes having a feeling of driving a car that you can feel everything. I like the feel of a mechanical car.
You are stuck in the past. It's time to move on...

Well if I can't really track the car then I personally do not see a huge want for it. Although that only is a small ammount of time. It is the time that means the most to me because you really get to see how a car is under high stress. Maybe I will look again in a few years when battery tech is better and holds more power for long time while being lighter.

Are we being trolled right now? Why would you want to track an almost 5,000lb car? This has nothing to do with batteries or technology. It's track 101: lightweight is king...and the Tesla is about as far from lightweight as it gets unless you want to track a Hummer.