Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Handover party for first 30 customer Model 3's on (July) 28th!"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He just said they would have pictures of it soon, not (necessarily) that he was getting it for himself. I suppose you could jump to that conclusion, but all he said is that there would be pictures.

No he did say that he was getting it: "Ira Ehrenpreis had rights to 1st car as he was 1st to place a full deposit, but gave those rights to me as my 46th bday present. Tks Ira!"

Reactions: boaterva
Just as long as the delivery ceremony on the 28th is filmed and posted as usual, that allows everyone to enjoy the excitement.

Until then, be sure to stop by your nearest Tesla Store and enjoy sitting in the new 7 seat Model X. Try your hand at moving the seat backs and the manual movement of the two independent seat sections. It takes some practice to find the buttons and levers. Excellent design and I love the added arm rest areas in the third row of the 6 and 7 seat models. Congratulations to the design team for these improvements.
we went to tesla store in Tampa today and 30-50 of us met tesla energy folks and got nice intro to Solar panels (not shingles) and powerwall.

SN1 picture ? Or this an old shot ?

Tesla makes its first Model 3

Edit : Nope. Just old clay.

dims.jpg

Last edited:
Seems too much, taking into account that a 20K/month rate will be reached 'somewhere' in december. This means 5K/week during 1 week in a two workweek month of december, at best.
You spurred me on to tweak my model so that the 5k/week production rate is hit in the final week of December rather than just assuming 20k total in December. I fitted a cubic polynomial to the data points and the updated model predicts:
  • 111 cars in August
  • 1486 in September
  • 4070 in October
  • 8909 in November
  • 16,476 in December
  • 2017 Total: 31,081 cars (including the 30 cars delivered at the reveal).
So a lot less than the un-tweaked model 39k estimate.

You spurred me on to tweak my model so that the 5k/week production rate is hit in the final week of December rather than just assuming 20k total in December. I fitted a cubic polynomial to the data points and the updated model predicts:
  • 111 cars in August
  • 1486 in September
  • 4070 in October
  • 8909 in November
  • 16,476 in December
Thanks for your effort, V.
That brings me to an estimate of 22,500 Model 3 cars for 2017. (Due to holidays and non-perfect execution.)

• 111 cars in August
  • 1486 in September
  • 4070 in October
  • 8909 in November
  • 16,476 in December
See my post here.

Model 3 delivery estimator

For my polynomial I get a total of about 35k.

Model3Est.png

• Helpful
Reactions: FlatSix911
Status
Not open for further replies.