Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Handover party for first 30 customer Model 3's on (July) 28th!"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I copied this from a post I made in another thread:

Suggestion for the IR/PR department at Tesla: I think it would be a great move to have 20+ (actually I would go for all of them) of the model 3s to be delivered be to the factory workers, selected by lottery, that have reserved a model 3.

This is suppose to be a car for 'everyman' (women). I would have EM/The board pour a glass of champaign FOR these workers and toast them. IMO, this is not a party for the 'one percenters' of the world but a celebration for all.

The boost for morale, not to mention the positive press, would be great.

EDIT: I emailed IR with this suggestion

Suggestion for the IR/PR department at Tesla: I think it would be a great move to have 20+ (actually I would go for all of them) of the model 3s to be delivered be to the factory workers, selected by lottery, that have reserved a model 3.

This is suppose to be a car for 'everyman' (women). I would have EM/The board pour a glass of champaign FOR these workers and toast them. IMO, this is not a party for the 'one percenters' of the world but a celebration for all.
I'm pretty sure that that is already the plan.

• Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911
I hope you are correct. IMO, no friends of EM, big investors or Board members should get one of these cars beyond SN#1
The policy has always been that the first people to pay deposits are at the front of the line. Yes, that means board members and big investors have the first chance to write a check to Tesla - but the delivery event is for 30 cars. I fully expect the first handful to be for execs, but not all. I have no doubt we will see plenty of non-execs receiving cars.

And while I'd love to be there, it's very possible that the only people invited to the event will be employees. And that would be cool, too.

The policy has always been that the first people to pay deposits are at the front of the line. Yes, that means board members and big investors have the first chance to write a check to Tesla - but the delivery event is for 30 cars. I fully expect the first handful to be for execs, but not all. I have no doubt we will see plenty of non-execs receiving cars.

And while I'd love to be there, it's very possible that the only people invited to the event will be employees. And that would be cool, too.

I agree and understand that has been the policy BUT policies can change.
This car has the ability to change the complexion of the industry.
Seems like a great time for the Board to step aside for these first 30 (29 now that SN#1 is Elon's) and make this a seminal moment.

• Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911
I agree and understand that has been the policy BUT policies can change.
This car has the ability to change the complexion of the industry.
Seems like a great time for the Board to step aside for these first 30 (29 now that SN#1 is Elon's) and make this a seminal moment.
I kind of like them sticking to the idea of 'first deposits get first cars'. Maybe we should have been speaking up at deposit time and asking that production employees be given the first chance. :)

I'm good with a party that is inclusive of board members, execs, production folks, engineers, etc.

Reactions: EinSV
I kind of like them sticking to the idea of 'first deposits get first cars'. Maybe we should have been speaking up at deposit time and asking that production employees be given the first chance. :)

I'm good with a party that is inclusive of board members, execs, production folks, engineers, etc.

I am good with the invitee list you have for the party. Just would like to have first delivery priority changed.
Probably won't happen but I can hope.

18 more days to go!!!

My question is how will this event go? If it is similar to the previous S/X events they brought the cars out onto stage and the customer came received the keys and the car drove off. Only 5-6 cars were handed over. The Model 3 event will be long if all 30 cars are brought out one by one.

It would be fun if they had all of the cars lined up ahead of time in that large empty warehouse they recently purchased. Employees are there watching and he walks from car to car handing over keys. Employees don't know ahead of time who is getting cars and it's goes Price is Right style - John Smith here is your new car, come on down. The excited, grinning employees run up onto stage to get their keys. There is no moving the cars until all of they keys are handed over.

Also, is there any chance that Musk comes out and says we planned to have 30 cars available, but I'm really sorry we don't have 30....we have 50 cars ready!? Or some other quantity larger than 30.

Employees don't know ahead of time who is getting cars ...

If I was an employee and was told to pay up the full price of the car before that event, I would be very disappointed if I did not get my car until next month... :p

but I'm really sorry we don't have 30....we have 50 cars ready!?
No reason to be sorry that you can deliver more... "Yes, I know we said we should deliver 30 cars at this event, but there is a small change in plans based on the ramp up at the production line. So it will deliver 50 cars, not only 30". Or something like that...

If I was an employee and was told to pay up the full price of the car before that event, I would be very disappointed if I did not get my car until next month... :p

No reason to be sorry that you can deliver more... "Yes, I know we said we should deliver 30 cars at this event, but there is a small change in plans based on the ramp up at the production line. So it will deliver 50 cars, not only 30". Or something like that...
Or 1,000?!?

• Love
Reactions: winfield100

I think that was a hint at the April Fool's joke Elon made at the initial reveal. "We don't have the car here tonight", then brings out 3 of them.

• Funny
Reactions: MorrisonHiker
Tesla has begun sending emails to Referral Program winners that referred 7 or more qualifying Model S/X sales, notifying them that a personal invitation to attend the Model 3 delivery event will be coming as early as this week.

“For reaching 7 referrals, you qualify to receive an invitation for yourself and a guest to attend our Model 3 delivery event. An email containing more information will arrive in the coming week.” read the email sent by Tesla last Friday, July 7.

<snip>
Full article at:
Tesla Model 3 delivery event invitations to arrive as early as this week

Status
Not open for further replies.