Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Handover party for first 30 customer Model 3's on (July) 28th!"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
if you saw the status of the M3 line four weeks ago, you'd agree that there's no way it would be production ready so soon [~mid-July?] to crank out even one car.
Hank, how long do you think it would take (middle-of-the-road estimate, neither conservative nor aggressive) to move from the "four weeks ago" state of the line to production ready? 3 months?

Reactions: SarahsDad
Fine, believe whatever you want, but if you saw the status of the M3 line four weeks ago, you'd agree that there's no way it would be production ready so soon to crank out even one car.
I wouldn't agree to that. Due to the NDA, no one can say anything anyway.

Lastly. 8 weeks of 24/7 production line assembly with hundreds of folks working on it is very doable. They STILL have 3 weeks left.

So far the Musk projection that was most off is related to Bolt sales. He guessed up to 30k in 2017.
That's nowhere close to the 10000 Tesla Model S Elon said he will sell in Germany in 2015 :)
Elon Musk is Confident of Prospect to Sell 10,000 Cars Annually in Germany
The goal is to achieve 10,000 sales per year by 2015, with a car that starts from €71,400, but you can pay up to €109,150 for a fully,

it also pales when compared to the hundreds of millions and billions projected in Powerwall sales in 2015.

• Funny
Reactions: Matias
If I recall, there are eventually going to be three production lines for the Model 3. It's possible that the first line is complete, and what everyone on the tour saw was the beginning of construction for lines two or three. If that is the case, then the start of production will begin with line one, and they will ramp up production by speeding up line one and adding lines two and three as they are ready.

Tesla is rolling
Sure, to complete construction of the line, that seems reasonable. But that's not a running, tuned production line building deliverable cars.
Sure it is. As long as it can produce 1 car.....its a production line.

Oh yeah...that's right....they are only producing 1 car this Friday ( 3 Weeks earlier than the 29th ).

All I need is 1. Once all of the reservations are done.....Tesla would have produced 399,999.00 Model 3's of no interest to me. I won't care if mine was produced on the line...or by hand....or on Mars. LOL

Last edited:
Let's not forget how fast Tesla has moved on the Model 3 project. They had Alpha prototypes only 16 months ago, and on the first day of the reveal, when 115,000 people screamed "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!!!!!", they said "oh man, we'd better accelerate our plans quite a bit". Then reservations quickly shot to 400,000+.

Then there's all that Spacex has done, the new powerwalls and 2170 batteries, building out the Gigafactory, building the Fremont assembly lines and buying additional warehouses for storage, Tesla Solar, etc.

They've been very busy.

Having said all that, I want to know if the 3 will have a CCS port or adapter RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!

... Chevy has done the Bolt wrong. Sure, they made a long range electric car affordable to the masses, but it has no infrastructure in place nor does it have any public backing from the main company. It's just a toy to them to get you in their dealerships so they can sell you something else.

The Model 3 is going to be a huge game changer. I know for sure all these people driving around in their 3 series, C class's will be itching to trade their rides in for the Tesla. In my area, there are a ton of BMW's and Mercedes's. The higher end scale lineups have been giving way to Tesla models S and X.

The revolution is just around the corner.

I totally agree with this. I personally have been trying to decide if the Chevy Bolt would answer the mail for me. I decided that the cheaper price* and actual availability wasn't enough to overcome the Tesla train. Tesla has built the infrastructure and continues to expand it. Plus the Tesla brand is absolutely on fire right now and that makes the M3 cooler than the Bolt without even looking at the cars. Then when I look at them, well although beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, the M3 destroyes the Bolt! Anyway, Chevrolet has tried and done an admirable job, but it ain't no Tesla.
*I know that the Bolt is more expensive on paper, but I expect Tesla to really squeeze us trying to maximum profit. Supply and demand says they should, even if I don't like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.