Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hands Free Voice Activated Telephone Use

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This morning I removed the iPhone and reinstalled it. Once it was working I tried saying different ways to get exactly what person I wanted. It didn't matter. Every time it gave me different records to choose from. Some of the records were a very poor match and just added clutter to the selection process.

I tried creating a Group within the phone database that eliminated all but the most used records but it wouldn't download the records. The iPhone would only download all records not a selected group.

Anyway I'm back to using the phone to select a record until I figure out how to best use the native Model Y system.

I have been having the same issue for several weeks now.

I ask my Tesla to “Call Home”.... and instead it navigates me to my home.

This was not a problem when I first got the car, several months ago. It only started acting up this past month. And it’s happening for other contacts as well. I asked Tesla to call my mother, and it gives me two options that do not include my mother. I asked it to call my sister, and instead it gives me other options. It’s not as though I have contacts with similar names as my mother and my sister.

Been having this same issue for a good month now. Brought it in to the service centre for other reasons and mentioned this. Was told they had several with the same issue and there was no fix. Tried it just for the heck of it yesterday and it now works fine. Odd to say the least as no update was done to correct the issue.