TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Hanging out in the UP

Discussion in 'Midwest/Great Lakes' started by Liz G, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Liz G

Liz G P03056

Made it all the way up to Lake Superior by Marquette, MI. Beautiful country up hear. Very flat too. With the 55 mph speed limit and flat roads consistently got 230 Wh/m.

2013-07-02_12-50-43_419.jpg 2013-07-02_17-32-11_484.jpg

2. Aphysician

Aphysician Member, Michigan Chapter

Great trip. You may be the first one to visit UP in Model S. I just ordered mine, but I am in SE Michigan. While signing papers Tesla person told me that they have some orders from UP. Hoping to get the owners in our club. We have owners in West, Mid and SE Michigan. Let us know if you need charge in your future trips to the region.

3. greencharge

greencharge Member

Where are you staying and charging in the UP

4. PwrOutage

PwrOutage Member

#4 PwrOutage, Jul 5, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2013
    I'm also curious about where you charged. I bet the Nissan dealerships are getting frustrated with the Model S owners looking to use their chargers, I added the one in Wausau, WI on Plugshare even though I'm not from that area, I just wanted you guys to have that option. I look forward to scoping out the supercharger when they start building the one up north.

btw, nice to see someone on here with 19'' wheels. Less worry about potholes, weather, range, noise...

5. Liz G

Liz G P03056

My husband's parents live in Norway, MI and have a NEMA 6-50 in their garage.

6. PwrOutage

PwrOutage Member

I meant between the Normal, IL supercharger and the UP. 417 miles is a big trip for the model s currently.

7. Liz G

Liz G P03056