Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hanging up from a call?

interfx

Feb 22, 2020
Greater Atlanta
Apologize if this is a basic question, but how can I easily hang up on a call using buttons on steering wheel? Lately with the new software update, I sometimEs don’t have the hang up button the screen, ie when a text comes through it’s on the screen and the hang up button is hidden...

How do I do this?

interfx

Feb 22, 2020
Greater Atlanta
You can't use the buttons on the steering wheel to hang up a call. Only way to answer, ignore or disconnect a call is via the touchscreen.

Thanks, good to know. Hope that add that feature.

Have others had the issue, that the screen to hang up the call on the touchscreen, is replaced by another item (like a text message)? I'll try to re-create and share with others. Tough to leave a. voice mail, and no way to hang up...

Srad600Volt

Sep 28, 2020
Southern California
Tesla recently added the feature to dismiss text messages via the scroll wheel. It only makes sense that we should be able to do the same thing for a phone call. I have found myself trying to hang up a call with the wheels a few times, only to remember that I have to touch the main screen to hang up. I agree that this should be "fixed".

Reactions: interfx

Mike_TV

Apr 29, 2020
Chicagoland
Yeah, I switched from Chevy Volt and VW Touareg to the MY. Both of the other cars allowed me to hang-up via a button on the steering wheel.

VW has had a dedicated telephone button on their steering wheels for over a decade now but that's not going to happen with any Telsa.

Reactions: Daks

yerEVan

Red Plaid/Cream/CF/19"/OD-5/27-Delivered 9/11
Dec 29, 2018
Near Philly
Model x you can hang up with steering wheel button. It’s really frustrating having to swipe to get back you the call windows to hang up while driving, on the 3.

artnalex

May 31, 2020
Los Angeles
VW has had a dedicated telephone button on their steering wheels for over a decade now but that's not going to happen with any Telsa.

‘too bad for Tesla owners. Easy fix, I think. Just make the right-side tracking ball (on steering wheel) as the pick-up and hang-up button during calls.

WindPower

Mar 23, 2021
Long Island
The right button should definitely answer and hang up
I agree. There are way too many things you need to do on the touch screen. I think taking my eye off the road to hunt for a spot to tap on the center screen is dangerous.

For safety reasons, more should be done with the buttons on the left and right stalks and the scroll wheels. Example: windshield wipers. It makes no sense that you can’t adjust the wiper speed with the left stalk. Another example: selecting a person to text when the car can’t figure out which person you want to select. Instead of having to tap the persons name on the screen, use the right scroll wheel.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC