Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hanging up from a call?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apologize if this is a basic question, but how can I easily hang up on a call using buttons on steering wheel? Lately with the new software update, I sometimEs don’t have the hang up button the screen, ie when a text comes through it’s on the screen and the hang up button is hidden...

How do I do this?

Reactions: 101dals
You can't use the buttons on the steering wheel to hang up a call. Only way to answer, ignore or disconnect a call is via the touchscreen.

Thanks, good to know. Hope that add that feature.

Have others had the issue, that the screen to hang up the call on the touchscreen, is replaced by another item (like a text message)? I'll try to re-create and share with others. Tough to leave a. voice mail, and no way to hang up...

The right button should definitely answer and hang up
I agree. There are way too many things you need to do on the touch screen. I think taking my eye off the road to hunt for a spot to tap on the center screen is dangerous.

For safety reasons, more should be done with the buttons on the left and right stalks and the scroll wheels. Example: windshield wipers. It makes no sense that you can’t adjust the wiper speed with the left stalk. Another example: selecting a person to text when the car can’t figure out which person you want to select. Instead of having to tap the persons name on the screen, use the right scroll wheel.