TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Hanging up on a call via Steering Wheel

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Todd Burch, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Todd Burch

Todd Burch Electron Pilot

This is a simple question:

How do I hang up a bluetooth phone call from the steering wheel? I know how to dial a call from the steering wheel, and how to hang up from the phone app on the touchscreen--but how do I hang up via the steering wheel controls? (Or can I in the current version?)

2. dtich

dtich #P708

press the left scroll wheel, normally the mute/pause audio function, should hang up a call when a call is active. i think it's mainly worked well for me, one time it got very confused when i had a call on hold and an active call, then couldn't get things to switch right.. but, that'll get sorted..

edit: know what, i may be totally confusing things, cause i also remember that i scroll the right wheel and one of the selections there is to 'hang up'.. so maybe that's it and i'm just getting it confused. (i'm out of town, not near the car..) whatever it is, it's obviously so second nature to me now i can't even say exactly what i'm doing.. but i know i'm doing it. several times a day. lol!

3. goaliemanshark

You can also press the voice control button and then select end call

Edit: yeah. Didn't read your edit...

4. Todd Burch

Todd Burch Electron Pilot

Thanks guys! I guess I just haven't fiddled with it enough.

5. spleen

spleen Active Member

Todd - did you ever get this to work? Because for the life of me, I can't seem to hang up calls from the wheel either. I have the right scroll wheel set to cabin temperature. When I finish the call and want to hang up, scrolling the right wheel starts changing my temp, pushing the right scroll wheel brings up the apps, scrolling the left wheel changes the volume, and pushing the left wheel mutes the call, but I don't get any option to end the call. Yes, I could hang up the call from the center screen but I'm trying to find a solution that doesn't require more attention away from the road. Thanks!

6. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

I push the right upper button and that brings up set of choices. First is 'end call' and press right scroll wheel to end call.

7. spleen

spleen Active Member

The voice command button? Hadn't considered that - thanks!

8. dsm363

Actually, I don't use the voice command. If you press it quickly, the menu pops up. I may be talking about the wrong button but it is on the right. I'll check later.

9. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

I think he meant the voice command button, since that's the button you press (and hold) for voice command.

10. dsm363

Ah, didn't read it carefully enough. Yeah, you just push the button and don't hold it down.