Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hankook new iON tire, an "EV" tire (not the same as Kinergy GT)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Awesome guys. Keep the good (& bad) feedback coming. I’ll probably replace my original Conti ProContact RX tires in a few months and these Hankook ION’s appear to excel in the areas I value the most (noise/comfort, followed closely by efficiency/range). The relatively long 50K mile warranty is icing on the cake.

Honestly, I can probably get another 2 years worth of life/use out of my current Conti’s (plenty of tread left even at/with over 36K miles driven). However, I’m ready for some new shiny shoes!!! 😎

I put a set on my Model 3 today. Extremely quiet and smooth so far. Not as good on corners as the Michelin Pilot 4 though. I’m looking forward to the efficiency gains (hopefully).
AE9ACB7F-5FA4-4C08-9D9B-994B4A414005.jpeg

Reactions: Pommie and weini
I put a set on my Model 3 today. Extremely quiet and smooth so far. Not as good on corners as the Michelin Pilot 4 though. I’m looking forward to the efficiency gains (hopefully). View attachment 907996

Looks good, except perhaps for the diamond shaped pattern on the sidewall. Not a deal-breaker, of course, but wish Hankook would have chosen a different pattern.

It appears this tire has a deeply recessed bead area to help protect the rims from curb rash. I’m assuming this feature is also present on the other size tires (19 & 20‘s) in this line-up. Rim protection is not important to me (I’ve never curbed a tire/rim in my life), but know this is a desirable/useful feature for many.

Initial efficiency results may be worse than your previous tires, until these new tires have some miles on them and are broken in. So, please let us know how they stack up (in terms of efficiency) after a few weeks or months of use. Thanks!!

Looks good, except perhaps for the diamond shaped pattern on the sidewall. Not a deal-breaker, of course, but wish Hankook would have chosen a different pattern.

It appears this tire has a deeply recessed bead area to help protect the rims from curb rash. I’m assuming this feature is also present on the other size tires (19 & 20‘s) in this line-up. Rim protection is not important to me (I’ve never curbed a tire/rim in my life), but know this is a desirable/useful feature for many.

Initial efficiency results may be worse than your previous tires, until these new tires have some miles on them and are broken in. So, please let us know how they stack up (in terms of efficiency) after a few weeks or months of use. Thanks!!
I will be happy to.

It’s too bad Hankook didn’t end up using the sidewall graphic/pattern shown below. This is a stock photo from Hankook. So, it must have been an early rendering of the design, which never made it to final production. Too bad cause the one below looks better/more sporty IMO…

IMG_6849.jpg

Reactions: pdx_m3s
Does anyone else have thoughts or an in-depth review on these Hankooks? My Pilot AS4s are now approaching 45k miles, need to replace.
I’m at 31k on my AS4s and they are pretty much done. I’m interested in the Hankooks as well, but having trouble finding much information. I like the AS4s but it sounds like the Hankooks might last a little longer. I’m not worried about performance. I drive spirited but don’t need racing tires, just All Season radials.

I’m at 31k on my AS4s and they are pretty much done. I’m interested in the Hankooks as well, but having trouble finding much information. I like the AS4s but it sounds like the Hankooks might last a little longer. I’m not worried about performance. I drive spirited but don’t need racing tires, just All Season radials.
I have MXM4 on my BMW convertible that I had installed in 2018. With over 50,000 miles now they have barely worn down by 30%. Unbelievable. Never had any set of tires lasting more than 2.5 years or 35,000 miles before.