Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hankook new iON tire, an "EV" tire (not the same as Kinergy GT)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have to change tires on my Mercedes every 14 months. But these? I am stunned.
Lol i go up the Angeles Crest once in a while, my mxm4 were down to 3/32 after 12000 miles. They might last a long time in normal driving, but completely falls apart if you push even a little. I hate these tires, their grip level is so low for braking, I've been in other cars with eco focused tires and they're all pretty garbage, especially in the wet.

Can't wait for some official tests of these new ev tires, I wonder if any of them are actually efficient and good in the wet. Asking people if they like the tires they have is a crap shoot, most people just don't demand much from their tires or push their cars to give a valid comparison.

Lol i go up the Angeles Crest once in a while, my mxm4 were down to 3/32 after 12000 miles. They might last a long time in normal driving, but completely falls apart if you push even a little. I hate these tires, their grip level is so low for braking, I've been in other cars with eco focused tires and they're all pretty garbage, especially in the wet.

Can't wait for some official tests of these new ev tires, I wonder if any of them are actually efficient and good in the wet. Asking people if they like the tires they have is a crap shoot, most people just don't demand much from their tires or push their cars to give a valid comparison.
Here are my purchases just in case you find it unbelievable like I am. I had to go back and double check when I got these tires.
3F19FFED-A864-46BC-A3CB-98F220E04C21.jpeg

3956735F-C16B-4990-8D90-3CE10D3E7757.jpeg

Reactions: XPsionic
Although I hate the sidewall design, these Hankooks are interesting. I can get over the looks if they are quieter and more efficient than the MXM4s. Have we found a reliable outlet to buy these yet? I saw TSportline have them, but it looks like they are out of stock now.

Although I hate the sidewall design, these Hankooks are interesting. I can get over the looks if they are quieter and more efficient than the MXM4s. Have we found a reliable outlet to buy these yet? I saw TSportline have them, but it looks like they are out of stock now.
We are ordering from Discount Tire for my MX. I hope they are everything they say they are!

Reactions: ss71 and enemji
The local Midas tire/auto shop in my area can get these tires. While they were plugging a flat in one of my original Continental tires, I had them quote me a set of four (Hankook ION EVO AS, 235/40R19) installed along with a 4-wheel alignment. $1600 for everything out-the-door. Yeah, that’s a little high, but I’m OK with it. Midas said they can get these Hankook tires in a few days. I’m guessing the local Midas shops in your area also won’t have any problems getting these tires.

I’m not quite ready to replace my original tires just yet, but good to know I can get these Hankooks pretty quickly when needed.

After 38,000 miles on our Model Y, it was finally time to replace the stock Continental tires on our 19" wheels. As most tire companies have or are working on EV specific tires, I figured I buy the latest and greatest available, since there are probably new innovations every month.

I ended up ordering the Hankook ION evo AS SUV 255/45R19 from Discount Tire, and had them install it Yesterday. The price came out to $261/each with an online price-match, which is less than the OEM or Goodyear Electricdrive GT's.

The ride is so smooth and quiet! Think they're more comfort oriented than the factory set, but I'm totally fine with that. The tire noise is significantly reduced (too bad I didn't have a device to measure the before/after difference with!), and I highly recommend these just for that!

Attachments

• IMG_202DC8416670-1.jpeg
    IMG_202DC8416670-1.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 359
After 38,000 miles on our Model Y, it was finally time to replace the stock Continental tires on our 19" wheels. As most tire companies have or are working on EV specific tires, I figured I buy the latest and greatest available, since there are probably new innovations every month.

I ended up ordering the Hankook ION evo AS SUV 255/45R19 from Discount Tire, and had them install it Yesterday. The price came out to $261/each with an online price-match, which is less than the OEM or Goodyear Electricdrive GT's.

The ride is so smooth and quiet! Think they're more comfort oriented than the factory set, but I'm totally fine with that. The tire noise is significantly reduced (too bad I didn't have a device to measure the before/after difference with!), and I highly recommend these just for that!
A pair of good shoes is the best medicine for foot pain!

Reactions: andaconda
Just got the Hankook Ion Evo AS installed on the stock 19" wheels on my Model 3 at my local America's Tire (Discount Tire). This will be the 4th set of tires for my car.

Tread Depth new is 9/32. So far the tires are much quieter than my Michelin PSAS4 but those were practically bald. Efficiency seems really good off the bat so I'm excited to see how much more efficient it gets after the tires are broken in. I also noticed my tires don't have the diamond pattern on the sidewall so I'm not sure if this is how Hankook makes them now or if these were an early/initial release.

Attachments

• Hankook_Ion_Evo_AS.jpg
    Hankook_Ion_Evo_AS.jpg
    685.2 KB · Views: 349
Last edited:
Just got the Hankook Ion Evo AS installed on the stock 19" wheels on my Model 3 at my local America's Tire (Discount Tire). This will be the 4th set of tires for my car.

Tread Depth new is 9/32. So far the tires are much quieter than my Michelin PSAS4 but those were practically bald. Efficiency seems really good off the bat so I'm excited to see how much more efficient it gets after the tires are broken in. I also noticed my tires don't have the diamond pattern on the sidewall so I'm not sure if this is how Hankook makes them now or if these were an early/initial release.
Thanks for the feedback and info about the sidewall design pattern. Hopefully, the style you got is the new standard.

I presume you got 235/40R19 size tires? I know you said you put these new tires on your stock 19 rims, but sometimes folks go with slight wider tires when it comes time to replace their originals.

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback and info about the sidewall design pattern. Hopefully, the style you got is the new standard.

I presume you got 235/40R19 size tires? I know you said you put these new tires on your stock 19 rims, but sometimes folks go with slight wider tires when it comes time to replace their originals.
That's correct. I purchased the stock 235/40/19 96W size. The sidewalls don't sit as square as the 235/40/19 PSAS4 I had on previously and sit more similarly to the stock 18" MXM4 and 19" ProContact RX (narrower)

That's correct. I purchased the stock 235/40/19 96W size. The sidewalls don't sit as square as the 235/40/19 PSAS4 I had on previously and sit more similarly to the stock 18" MXM4 and 19" ProContact RX (narrower)
Thank you. That is the tire size I’ll be purchasing. So, hopefully, that means I will get the same sidewall pattern as yours (i.e. no diamond patterns) whenever I pull the trigger on these Hankooks. I’m still running the original 19” ProContact RX tires from 3-1/2 years ago. So, I guess these Hankooks will sit similar to my ProContacts.

Reactions: TM3KT
I also had these installed just last week, all 4 corners, due to a premature blowout on my front driver's side tire. OEM size, 235 35 20. My rears were getting near done at 11k miles but my front (Pzero OEMs) were still good, until the sidewall blowout due to a massive pothole I was unable to avoid on the freeway due to the constant, uncharacteristic rain we've been having in Los Angeles.

I was skeptical going with all seasons but so far I'm very impressed and happy with my purchase. Paid $295/tire, about $1400 installed. Tires are super quiet, am getting slightly better range, and grip seems good so far. (Haven't really pushed them bc of the constant rain.) Was told the treadwear is way better than the Pzeros I had, so that's also a bonus.

IMG_4275.jpg