Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Hannibal, MO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm in Fairfield, Iowa about 23 miles west of Mount Pleasant. We own an M3 LR and before COVID had planned a trip to St. Louis to check out the service center there. At 215 miles it should be no problem for us on a full charge. Hearing that SCs are planned for both Mount Pleasant and Hannibal, MO is good news. I like Kum and Go for a site. The Kum and Go in Fairfield has a free charger and they even keep a Tesla adapter behind the front counter.

• Informative
Reactions: MarkoC
I'm in Fairfield, Iowa about 23 miles west of Mount Pleasant. We own an M3 LR and before COVID had planned a trip to St. Louis to check out the service center there. At 215 miles it should be no problem for us on a full charge. Hearing that SCs are planned for both Mount Pleasant and Hannibal, MO is good news. I like Kum and Go for a site. The Kum and Go in Fairfield has a free charger and they even keep a Tesla adapter behind the front counter.
Kum & Go might be a possibility. Tesla has installed multiple Superchargers in Colorado at Kum & Go locations and several more are planned.

Bummed to hear this hasn't made much progress. I live in the Iowa City, IA area and am driving down to Florida in July and would have loved to have this station up and running in order to make the trek through St. Louis easy. Since this and Mt. Pleasant aren't going to be completed, I may just have to go east and then south through Illinois instead.

With my 2020 LR AWD, ABRP is saying that if I start 100% from home, I'd have to stay at 55mph to make it to the next charger outside St. Louis.

Yah, that's too bad. You can drive over here to Davenport and head down 74 maybe. It shouldn't be too much out of the way. I have my fingers crossed that either Mt. Pleasant or Quincy is done by Christmastime since my in-laws live in central MO and the only real way to get there now is drive an hour out of the way via Des Moines.

Bummed to hear this hasn't made much progress. I live in the Iowa City, IA area and am driving down to Florida in July and would have loved to have this station up and running in order to make the trek through St. Louis easy. Since this and Mt. Pleasant aren't going to be completed, I may just have to go east and then south through Illinois instead.

With my 2020 LR AWD, ABRP is saying that if I start 100% from home, I'd have to stay at 55mph to make it to the next charger outside St. Louis.

Reactions: oliphant428
I stopped by Casey's yesterday on my way through Hannibal. There is some orange paint down along the curb that I assume is related to the Supercharger site. The paint looks like it was put down in the past week. Hopefully we see construction activity soon.

I will be through Hannibal two times between now and July 13th. I'll keep everyone posted if there are changes.

Vz9czcO.jpg

KOKXBxK.jpg

Reactions: bgill
I called the Hannibal public works dept today to ask if there has been any status update or a potential install time. The nice individual on the phone told me that they are not involved in the timeline or construction, and they would just be involved by supplying the electricity for the chargers. So, no status update at this time sadly.

Reactions: ratsbew
At this point it seems that things are ready from the City Of Hannibal, so we would need to get a contact inside the Tesla group that handles work crews and or shipping hardware to the site. I've got no idea on how to find that type of contact.