Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

hanshhow

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you!
Issue resolved now.
There is a mistake in hansshow instruction manual. It only covers for LHD where the connectors are on the passenger side. For RHD Ryzen vehicles - connectors are on the driver side itself. Able to connect and resolve the issue now.
OK so this seems to be my issue. Went to LH passenger side and only blue connector was in use. So I opened driver side but couldn't see the blue connector (I have a ryzen) is it more under the carpet side?)

Installed - TY. Pretty easy really. Take your time, use a plastic trim pry tool. Took 35m. Really like it and showed it to 2 neighnours with Y's they have both bought it now too. My biggest gripe was glancing to the screen to seeh the speed. This makes it SOOO much easier.

Out of interest, are you buying from Hansshow?

I've seen you can get something that looks identical on Aliexpress (never used them myself) for less than half price, but I'm confused if this is some cheap knock-off that might be crap/no support, etc, or maybe it's the case it's all the same generic no-brand stuff from some Chinese factory and Hansshow sells for a premium justified by their 'added value' - nice accessible website, aftersales support, nice box, etc. Interested in your thoughts.

Asked about it here too, will see if anything useful is said...

I really like Hansshow Ultra Mini Screen Display

I've seen you can get something that looks identical on Aliexpress (never used them myself) for less than half price, but I'm confused if this is some cheap knock-off that might be crap/no support, etc, or maybe it's the case it's all the same generic no-brand stuff from some Chinese factory and Hansshow sells for a premium justified by their 'added value' - nice accessible website, aftersales support, nice box, etc. Interested in your thoughts.

tbh, I have purchased most of my car accessories from Aliexpress. Like you I was in 2 minds whether to purchase the mini dash from hansshow or buy from Aliexpress. There was one particular brand (Satonic) that was quite reasonably priced during Christmas/New Year. Even the reviews were good. However there were not many buyers from UK. Reason i preferred to get it from Hansshow as it is a better known brand. Looking back now - options from ali express are not bad either. You can actually consider it. One annoying thing with Hansshow is that it comes with one long cable with connectors for both Ryzen and Intel cars. For RHD vehicles the connecting plugs are on the driver side itself - so you dont need a long cable. I found it a little difficult to tuck away the extra long cable. The ones at aliexpress seem to be better that ways as you can select which connector type you want to opt for- possible that it may come with just connector plug specific to the option you select. Best to get this confirmed with the vendor before you buy from there.

I did buy the illuminated door sills from hansshow earlier and their service was pretty quick and had excellent product quality. That tilted my purchase decision with them. Some of the purchase options from aliexpress have been cheap quality - hence did not want to take the risk with this purchase.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Reactions: LiamPope
tbh, I have purchased most of my car accessories from Aliexpress. Like you I was in 2 minds whether to purchase the mini dash from hansshow or buy from Aliexpress. There was one particular brand (Satonic) that was quite reasonably priced during Christmas/New Year. Even the reviews were good. However there were not many buyers from UK. Reason i preferred to get it from Hansshow as it is a better known brand. Looking back now - options from ali express are not bad either. You can actually consider it. One annoying thing with Hansshow is that it comes with one long cable with connectors for both Ryzen and Intel cars. For RHD vehicles the connecting plugs are on the driver side itself - so you dont need a long cable. I found it a little difficult to tuck away the extra long cable. The ones at aliexpress seem to be better that ways as you can select which connector type you want to opt for- possible that it may comes with just connector plug specific to the option you select. Best to get this confirmed with the vendor before you intend to buy from there.

I did buy the illuminated door sills from hansshow earlier and their service was pretty quick and excellent product quality. That tilted my purchase decision with them. Some of the purchase options from aliexpress have been cheap quality - hence did not want to take the risk with this purchase.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the detailed feedback! Much appreciated.

At least now, Hansshow ask you to specify AMD or Intel, so maybe they have specific versions of the wiring now? They don't ask LHD or RHD, but OK for me as I'm LHD so don't need to stuff the spare cable anywhere!

Reactions: Pajo78
Thanks for the detailed feedback! Much appreciated.

At least now, Hansshow ask you to specify AMD or Intel, so maybe they have specific versions of the wiring now? They don't ask LHD or RHD, but OK for me as I'm LHD so don't need to stuff the spare cable anywhere!
Cheers, realised now you are in Norway. So the connecting cables should be on the passenger side in your case, so much of the cable length will get utilised.

It did present the option to me as well while ordering (Intel/Ryzen) but seems that the cable is still common for both AMD and Intel. the same cable will have connector plugs for ryzen/intel.

Just for the avoidance of doubt: these mini displays do not offer CarPlay do they? They only provide your speed & few vehicle details?
No, they don't come with carplay.
The mini screen offer tyre pressure, speedometer, battery/miles info, seatbelt, light and doors if open any. Limited information but saves you from glancing over to the main screen specially while driving.

Carplay is there on the bigger sized units which require connecting wires to the car battery. Was not very sure of that installation hence did not consider those options.

For carplay i got another product from carlinkit/Carplay for Tesla. Does the job as needed waze more than anything else. You need to have the browser kept open on the centre display screen.
Ordered from aliexpress - link below

Siri also works well on that. Did not find anything else much useful other than Waze and Siri on that kit.

Yeah bought from hansshow. Key reason for me was wife complained about not having speed directly in line of sight. This has solved the issue

Reactions: LiamPope