Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hanshow Frunk V5- 15V Lithium Batt

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a new model Y with the new AMD and 15V LITHIUM BATT.

I purchased a frunk kit from hanshow direct and they assured me it would work.

I am running into a problem that i could not find on the forums.

Seems like when the car goes to sleeps and wakes up again the frunk wont raise up, it unlatches but wont raise up.

When I manually raise it up the light/button is not illuminated. So even if its pressed nothing happens.

If I leave the frunk opened all the way up and disconnect power to the hanshow controller it resets and I can then push the button on the phone or frunk and it will close perfectly.

However if the car goes to sleep it wont raise again, but once you reset it, you can open it and close it several times without issue.

I am guessing this is a software issue with the hanshow controller and wanted to see if anyone had any files sent to them or have had similar issues.

I been talking to them on whats up, but I get one response per day and its asking me for videos and pictures of the struts and other stuff but they have not sent me any real answers, I am getting pissed off because I am having to remove the frunk plastic and reinstall every day these idiots want a picture of this or that.

By the way this has been going on for a week, their response is slow or even no response on some days. Nothing has been resolved and I am ready to just reinstall the frunk liner and use that feature I paid for.

Thanks.

I just installed Frunk v5 this morning and it is doing similar things as yours do. Did you fix the problem? Mine worked fine right after installation but when I had to disconnect and reconnect the frunk button, it some how messed up the controller and eventually stops working. I tried resetting so opening/closing speed are set at slow but the controller doesn't get reprogrammed. The frunk opens fast and gets slammed shut. Then the funk stops responding and stops working. This is driving me crazy.

Still dealing with the problem, they sent me a complete new unit, still doing the same, I think its something to do with the new software of the car not aligning with Hanshow software in the controller, as if the unit gets put into a hibernation mode, it beeps randomly, I will have a video call with them but I dont know if that will work

Still dealing with the problem, they sent me a complete new unit, still doing the same, I think its something to do with the new software of the car not aligning with Hanshow software in the controller, as if the unit gets put into a hibernation mode, it beeps randomly, I will have a video call with them but I dont know if that will work
Did you figure out the problem? I am currently encountering the same problem. They are asking me to troubleshoot as well, but nothing is working.