Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow audio sr+ harness install

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone have experience with doing this on a right hand drive car?
I got the harness yesterday but instructions received show a left hand drive car...I am aware the the harness is specifically a rhd harness but cannot find any instructions for the differences between a lhd install and a rhd install...does anyone know how different they are?

Does anyone have experience with doing this on a right hand drive car?
I got the harness yesterday but instructions received show a left hand drive car...I am aware the the harness is specifically a rhd harness but cannot find any instructions for the differences between a lhd install and a rhd install...does anyone know how different they are?
Is it the DIY harness? (The version that just gives you your disabled speakers life?)

I believe that all M3's are all wired the same way (just the steering wheel, pedals and a few other bits are on a different side)

Filter change on RHD is on the same side as LHD (Pedals are just in the way when you change it)

So I've just taken a pint at this and can confirm the audio cables layout is not the same between left hand a right hand vehicles...the amp (at least I assume that's what it is) is behind the glovebox so does switch sides. This means some of the cables are on the left on mine where they are in the right in the lhd version...I don't believe hansshow have sent me the right cable as while I can connect the cables and it does work (though the rear speakers are the wrong way round). The main problem is there is so little give in the cables that they are trailing across the footwells and in front of the pedals...I have a question in with hansshow now so we will see how that transpires...
IMG-20201201-WA0002.jpeg
IMG-20201201-WA0000.jpeg

Looks like I'll be using the wife's focus for today's school run then

I haven't worked with electricals and the idea of ripping the car apart did fill me with dread......having been on to hannshow tech support telling them multiple times that they have sent me the lhd cable I think I finally made them understand...at which point they suggested I just lengthened 2 of the wires...uuuh...how about you send me the right stuff in the first place!

So now they are resending the correct cable allegedly...all a bit poor to be honest. It hopefully it will work out in the end

I did mine today with a mate. The wires are tight for sure - but we ran them behind the footwell carpet and it all reached. I used the hansshow DIY Cable and it was all fine - my phone Mic still works - Bongs are the correct volume and speakers are correctly sided in the rear (I know some people had this issue).

My car is a June 2020 car (I had a May 2019 before) and didn't have speakers on the rear parcel shelf, so I bought a complete 2019 shelf with speakers and loom from a breakers and swapped it out.

I'm really happy with it - the sound system is definitely better now. I might still add a sub, albeit I'll have to do some head scratching about where to take the feed from for it. It sounds night and day better though.

Reactions: Sixer
After reading your thread, I contacted Hansshow and have had an Email confirming that my kit will have the correct loom.

We will see.

Be interesting to see...as I had hours of what's app messages back and forth with me telling them that the loom would work perfectly if I was in a lhd car...finally after suggesting I could extend the cables myself!! They relented and have shipped the correct loom (allegedly)...the final bit of fun was them asking me to ship the incorrect loom on to another customer...I refused that request...told them I will send it back to them but they need to sort postage...no news yet

The actual cost of a wiring loom will be very low. Plugs and cables are peanuts. Rather stupid expecting you to ship to another customer who would be in a LHD area.
Sad really as no commercial company would do that without receiving it back for a full inspection.

@Epico what pedals are those? Are they aftermarket?

Has anyone received a RHD version of the cable yet and got this working? I don’t mind paying for a made up cable but not if it’s not long enough and I have to start extending it!

Yes the pedals are aftermarket...the rhd harness is currently en route here (from hong kong via Alaska! Go figure)

Once I get it I will take a side by side pic of the lhd and rhd to show the difference (that is depending on them actually sending the correct cable this time)

Pedals fyi are
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07MQS79Q7/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apap_Z7CFgzWtTTPl8
Bit tough to fit but once I sorted it they look so much better

Reactions: Sixer
New cable arrived yesterday after its mammoth round the world trip form Hong Kong the wrong way round...go figure ups...

Have fitted to the car and all is working now as expected..picture below shows the difference...it is the signal cable for the right hand side that is longer so as to reach from the box behind the glove box.

Not the best pic but hopefully gives you the idea. Left photo is lhd, right is rhd

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201215-113419_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20201215-113419_WhatsApp.jpg
    216.2 KB · Views: 95