TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Hansshow Audio Upgrade? (SR+)

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by InfinitySky, Oct 7, 2020.

1. InfinitySky

InfinitySky Member

I am really curious about the Hansshow audio upgrade kit, but I haven't been able to find out much specific info on if the upgrade kit is worthwhile (especially for my newer SR+ which only has 4 silent speakers). I am also not the most handy and the idea of tearing my car apart does give me a little anxiety. For what it's worth I did do the center console wrap myself, but ripping panels off my car is a new level for me. I have a few questions about this:

• Has anyone completed the installation? How difficult was it?
    • How did the sound quality improve?
    • Which option would you recommend for someone like me who likes music but is not an audiophile. DIY or Standard?
    • What the heck is the "DSP" and why is it so much more expensive than just the harness itself?
    Price is definitely a factor for me and I don't want to spend a ton of money without knowing what I'm getting myself into. Here is the link for those who haven't seen it: Model 3 SR Premium Audio Upgrade | Intelligentized Auto Parts | Hansshow

Thanks in advance and hopefully this community can give me some clarity on if it's worth diving into this

2. jaredg19

jaredg19 Member

I'm interested to know more about this as well.

I don't believe the newer SR+ has rear deck speakers though, so I'm surprised this package doesn't include them.

3. Mattopotamus

Mattopotamus Member

Here is an install video. It's more than I care to do.

• Informative x 1
  4. base_two

base_two Member

I bought the Professional package with the DSP and Subwoofer. My SR+ has the rear deck speakers as well. I'll update when I receive and install the kit. I believe the DSP can power all of the speakers based on a YouTube comment Hansshow left on the Professional install video (). If it works outs, it would be a great deal given that you'd achieve better than stock Premium audio for under $700.

• Like x 2
  5. sa012

sa012 Member

I would also like to hear from someone that did just the DIY option and turned on the six speakers. If you don't plan on cranking the volume or pumping the bass it seems like it could be a good option.

6. InfinitySky

InfinitySky Member

Looking forward to hearing your impressions!

• Like x 1
  7. TonyLSF

TonyLSF Member

So if I get this right, there are only FOUR (4) functioning speakers at the doors plus one speaker at the front hood that are working on SR+ model. How many speakers are there on the back? In my Model 3, the speaker grill runs the full length.

So with this kit, we can activate the two front door tweeter, two front surround speakers, and the rear speakers? I don't think it's hard to do this mod as long as you have Auto Trim Removal Tool Kit. I'm debating on getting one too.

How many watts in the new DSP?

8. cdswm3

cdswm3 SR+

#8 cdswm3, Oct 8, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
    The SR+ has 4 doors speakers and 2 on the front dah. The center dash speaker is not active.

Audio Systems for the Model 3 – TeslaTap

• Informative x 1
  9. sparkz

sparkz Member

The DIY version does look pretty simple. My 3 is from March 2020. I think I’ll use a light to see if the speakers are really still there before I order though....just in case they further economized.

10. beachsideev

beachsideev Member

The $80 version looks pretty interesting. IIRC, I don't have the rear speakers, though.

11. InfinitySky

InfinitySky Member

I have a June ‘20 model and have the rear speakers. Out of curiosity what month/year is yours?

12. TonyLSF

TonyLSF Member

I have a 2020 M3 SR+ that I ordered in Nov of 2019, picked up on Dec. 23rd of 2019. It's a 2020 model per the VIN. I just double checked and there are two 3 or 4" size speakers in the rear. I wonder if the kit will connect those rear speakers as well.

13. Madtinkerer

Madtinkerer Member

The kit will enable the two rear hat shelf speakers, the two front door speakers (by the mirrors) and the two a pillar speakers.

14. RSR.M3

RSR.M3 Member

This looks like a very straight forward install with minimal and easy to remove parts.

No one should shy away from this because they are worried about the install.

You can do it!

• Like x 1
  15. scramjet

scramjet Member

The 80$ upgrade looks like a no brainer. I'm curious if the existing amp can handle all the speakers though. The 699 package looks very tempting.

16. ModalYYJ

ModalYYJ Member

you can save 15% off hansshow with code teslanorth...hubby is thinking of getting the power frunk

17. beachsideev

beachsideev Member

either late feb or early march 2020. I forget.

18. sa012

sa012 Member

That is my concern as well that the ICE can handle it all the speakers. It sounds like it can as long as you aren't cranking the volume/bass. I am just curious what the sound quality is after the install of just the harness.

19. sparkz

sparkz Member

Appears to be only for orders over $100 unfortunately.

20. sparkz

sparkz Member