Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow Audio Upgrade? (SR+)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, I have recently purchased a DIY Audio Upgrade kit for my 2019 Australian right hand drive Model 3 SR+. I have installed the audio cables and box yesterday. The sound was good and all 6 of my extra speakers seem to be working.

Unfortunately after the install my microphone is not working any more. The car does not respond to any voice commands and the hands-free phone functions do not work. I tried rebooting the car (soft and hard) and it didn't fix the problem.

When I unplug the Hansshow cables/box and reconnect original cables, the microphone works again.

Has anyone come across this problem?

Do you have whatsapp number ? We will check for you . Must be somewhere didn't connect well .

Reactions: realrift
Hi all, I have recently purchased a DIY Audio Upgrade kit for my 2019 Australian right hand drive Model 3 SR+. I have installed the audio cables and box yesterday. The sound was good and all 6 of my extra speakers seem to be working.

Unfortunately after the install my microphone is not working any more. The car does not respond to any voice commands and the hands-free phone functions do not work. I tried rebooting the car (soft and hard) and it didn't fix the problem.

When I unplug the Hansshow cables/box and reconnect original cables, the microphone works again.

Has anyone come across this problem?

Please check if you connect well the small plug in the driver side ?

Reactions: realrift
Please check if you connect well the small plug in the driver side ?

Hello,

I have found that if I disconnect the purple/black 2-pin wire (under the dash on the left) and plug in the 2-pin wire from your cable then I lose the mic. If I connect your kit but leave out the 2-pin wire (ie leave the factory purple/black in place) then the mic works and the 4 additional speakers work (2x pillar and 2x rear parcel shelf. No tweeters).

Tesla audio upgrade cable left side.jpg

Just received the Professional kit today and got it mostly installed. I am missing the screws for the DSP, so for now I just put it in the undercarriage storage in the trunk until I can reach out to support for the right screws and get mounted. Overall, the installation was not that difficult. I disconnected both the 12v and high voltage battery before starting work. I did, against the recommended location in the instructions, use the 12v source under the passenger side of the rear seats and that worked.. It works as expected so far, with the four front tweeters and rear deck speakers now activated. The trim clips are easy to find on amazon if you lose/break any (had some laying around from another car after misplacing some mid installation). Sounds so much better than stock Premium sound.

Below is a sound test I did right after installation. Haven't gotten a chance to connect to the DSP or Center Console Audio Settings and tweaking any settings yet.

Just received the Professional kit today and got it mostly installed. I am missing the screws for the DSP, so for now I just put it in the undercarriage storage in the trunk until I can reach out to support for the right screws and get mounted. Overall, the installation was not that difficult. I disconnected both the 12v and high voltage battery before starting work. I did, against the recommended location in the instructions, use the 12v source under the passenger side of the rear seats and that worked.. It works as expected so far, with the four front tweeters and rear deck speakers now activated. The trim clips are easy to find on amazon if you lose/break any (had some laying around from another car after misplacing some mid installation). Sounds so much better than stock Premium sound.

Below is a sound test I did right after installation. Haven't gotten a chance to connect to the DSP or Center Console Audio Settings and tweaking any settings yet.

Nice one!

Did you already have the rear speakers stock or is this the newer 'E' version of the professional kit that comes with aftermarket ones?

Got my diy kit yesterday. I guess I'm not as good as people in this thread. It took me 6 hours to install it...

Did my DIY harness in about 1 1/2 hours. Would of been faster but I wanted to plug everything in first to check the speakers before I ran the cables under the carpet and ran through the tracking.

Sounds awesome!! Thanks Hansshow. Anyone have any optimal sound/ tone settings to make use of all the speakers now?

Yes, I connected the small plug on drivers side to the unused socked.

I am now just wondering, as the small plugs are the same size and shape, could they be plugged into the wrong side (ie left swapped with right)?

I just tried swapping the 2-pin cables from left to right side. It was a very tight fit, with the cables barely making it from side to side under the carpet. So now the left side has the 2-pin (purple wires into factory purple/black plug socket)) and the right side has 2-pin (green wires into unused plug) plugged in. This now enables the right door tweeter and the mic. But, the left door tweeter is not working. All the other 5 newly enabled speakers have output :(

Did you get the new-style one with the 5x8 subwoofer? I'm leaning towards it, but I'm a little iffy on that sub.

Similar to something like this:
TS-WX130DA - Compact active subwoofer

These kind of subs usually don't sound so good but I think for the purpose of low power usage and a more complete sound field, I think it'll suffice if your expectation isn't that of deep, low bass frequencies

Did you get the new-style one with the 5x8 subwoofer? I'm leaning towards it, but I'm a little iffy on that sub.

Old style. I ordered just before it was switched. I'd say if you're iffy, wait for someone else to order the newer sub and ask for a sound test. Might not be much of a difference in practical terms. It's also probably possible with some quick cable mods to use another sub (such as OEM) with the Professional harness if you install the sub and aren't happy with it.