Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow Audio Upgrade? (SR+)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I installed my DIY version last night in my March 2020 Model 3 SR+ (luckily it was built at the end of Feb, so it has rear speakers). No problem on the install at all. Sound quality is much better. Haven’t noted any downsides at all yet. Volume is fine, no problems at all.

Recommended!
Great. May I ask you: which 12v source and ground did you use?

They dont have a package for that. I emailed them asking for a quote for something with amp sub and harness. Havent heard yet
Use WhatsApp to contact them and they will reply immediately. You can buy all packages without the rear speakers and they subtract $ 70 from the price. They are going to adjust the site so that you can click that option. Now only available to order via a link that you get on WhatsApp

• Helpful
Reactions: badiban
Ordered Version E through a Hannshow installer. A friend was planning to order as well and was told they would be releasing another new version with a 8x8 sub instead. Curious if Cici could explain differences and why the quick change in sub?

Here is the new subwoofer.
They are shipping this instead of the one on their website but I don’t know why they changed it (I hope to improve bass quality).

Attachments

• 07D8EE81-001C-4307-8B88-3E7FEF247515.jpeg
    07D8EE81-001C-4307-8B88-3E7FEF247515.jpeg
    93.2 KB · Views: 129
Use WhatsApp to contact them and they will reply immediately. You can buy all packages without the rear speakers and they subtract $ 70 from the price. They are going to adjust the site so that you can click that option. Now only available to order via a link that you get on WhatsApp

What number do you use? I have 2 different numbers where i have messaged them on whatsapp and there is no reply.

• Helpful
Reactions: badiban
Hansshow could use a bit of help with their UX, their copy, etc. It is really unclear what all the packages afford, and there are terms in the text that don't make sense in English. 'Course if people in the U.S. would bother to learn a foreign language like Standard Chinese...

I ordered Kit A. All the kit should come with a harness to activate the inactive speakers. Just select no speaker.
Model 3 Premium Audio Upgrade | Intelligentized Auto Parts | Hansshow

Ah cool, looks like they finally added that option. With Version A, what are you missing that other versions have? Looks like you don't get a DSP (Version B and D), or an additional amplifier (Version C). I'm worried with Version A that I'm at risk of overloading the OEM amplifier.

Subwoofer is self amplified and harness should have crossovers

Thanks for clarifying. Does the wiring harness that plugs into the inactive speakers use the OEM amplifier to activate them? If so, I'm worried about the lower impedance of the load and ruining the amplifier. If that's the case, I'm going to order a version that comes with an additional amplifier.

Also, did anyone order a kit with the DSP? No idea what the value add of that is over just an additional amplifier.