Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow Audio Upgrade? (SR+)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a June ‘20 model and have the rear speakers. Out of curiosity what month/year is yours?

the sticker on the driver's door jamb say 02/20 and it appears that I have speakers, but it is hard to tell. I think I can make out rubber surrounds and the voice coil dome through the grills.

If I didn't have those speakers I'd probably pass since my biggest complaint with the sr+ audio is the lack of bass. I don't expect the rear shelf speakers to replace a sub, but they might help a little.

That is my concern as well that the ICE can handle it all the speakers. It sounds like it can as long as you aren't cranking the volume/bass. I am just curious what the sound quality is after the install of just the harness.

I’m concerned about this as well. It’s even mentioned as a potential issue in the Tesla Offer install video. I’m curious as to what “cranking the volume/bass” actually would mean in practice. I have my bass at +4 and don’t generally turn the volume over 50%. I’m assuming this would be fine?

the sticker on the driver's door jamb say 02/20 and it appears that I have speakers, but it is hard to tell. I think I can make out rubber surrounds and the voice coil dome through the grills.

If I didn't have those speakers I'd probably pass since my biggest complaint with the sr+ audio is the lack of bass. I don't expect the rear shelf speakers to replace a sub, but they might help a little.

I’m actually starting to 2nd guess if I even have these as well. I looked on the top behind the backseat and it looks like they are there...but based on my delivery date I don’t think I should have them after listening to what others are saying. Is it possible it’s just a shell of a speaker and it’s not actually there?

I’m actually starting to 2nd guess if I even have these as well. I looked on the top behind the backseat and it looks like they are there...but based on my delivery date I don’t think I should have them after listening to what others are saying. Is it possible it’s just a shell of a speaker and it’s not actually there?

the speaker grills are there but there may be nothing behind them.

this is what it looks like behind my grill:

m3 rear speaker.jpg

that looks like a speaker to me.

Reactions: strykeroz
If you have the solid grill that goes across you are guaranteed to have the rear speakers. My late AUG 2020 build has two grills but no speakers. So I bought a 2018 rear deck.

Another way to check: pop off the trim piece on the passenger seat back, next to the door. There is a white square connector there. If the wiring heading to your rear deck only has 2 wires (3rd brake light) then you don’t have the speakers or wiring needed. If it has 6 you are good to go.

If you have the solid grill that goes across you are guaranteed to have the rear speakers. My late AUG 2020 build has two grills but no speakers. So I bought a 2018 rear deck.

Another way to check: pop off the trim piece on the passenger seat back, next to the door. There is a white square connector there. If the wiring heading to your rear deck only has 2 wires (3rd brake light) then you don’t have the speakers or wiring needed. If it has 6 you are good to go.

Thanks for the info...I don’t have the solid grill all the way across (I think?) so I probably don’t have the speakers. Where did you buy the 2018 rear deck and did you install it yourself?

This is quickly turning into a more expensive and complicated mod :(

Here are some pics of the 2018 rear deck I have taken apart. Going to install the speakers and harness into my 2020 rear deck. Looking to get the $700 Hanshow in a little bit.

Attachments

• 831FFD77-29AE-4DF5-A9BA-3EA560537B68.jpeg
    831FFD77-29AE-4DF5-A9BA-3EA560537B68.jpeg
    562.2 KB · Views: 409
  • 34D84851-F9CD-44AC-8E09-AAEF269D4752.jpeg
    34D84851-F9CD-44AC-8E09-AAEF269D4752.jpeg
    386.3 KB · Views: 388
Here is a picture of the other side. I placed the grill in front of where it normally would sit. Got mine off eBay for less than $200. Going to swap the 3rd brake light as well since it has the foam piece around it that keeps the reflection of the brake light from being seen in the rear window.

Attachments

• DCC0207F-5195-4E0F-8585-5DFED921627F.jpeg
    DCC0207F-5195-4E0F-8585-5DFED921627F.jpeg
    236.4 KB · Views: 392
I ordered the $80 DIY version. I didn’t get a confirmation email either. Too bad I didn’t see that other 10% off beforehand. I have two rear shelf speaker grilles on my Mar 2020 M3 SR+. Shining a light through the back window I can see a speaker.
Looking underneath the shelf you can’t tell as there’s a bump but it is all closed up (unlike the photos above).

Note the Hansshow one includes a box to resolve the impedance issue and act as a crossover to filter the right frequencies. Hope it does. TeslaOffer don’t have that.

(Edit: Specifically, my car was delivered 1 Mar 2020, so it is a Feb build)

Last edited: