Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow Audio Upgrade? (SR+)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On the Version Kit. Anyone know where Hansshow got the signal for the remote wire for the sub amp? I'm not currently using it in my set up. I'm using the GTO on the LOC2i. I'm curious as I might use it in the future. Probably from the ICE 12V?

The sound is pretty subjective. When my dad sat in the back he immediately noticed why there was no sound coming from behind him because he noticed there is a speaker grille there. Some people say the rear shelf is a substantial addition to the audio system, while other say it doesn’t make a difference. I have them in my car (Nov. 2019 build), so I might as well hook it up. I’d be interested to see if I notice the difference.

You can only hear the rear shelf speaker if you're sitting at the back. Driver and front passenger wouldn't hear it. When I sat in the back. I could hear it right away when I installed the kit. It is now more pleasant to sit at the back. You can also hear the highs sitting at the back coming from the front. Before, sitting in the back was bland. Just mids, can't hear any high and it's only coming from the door. It didn't have any dimension.

• Disagree
Reactions: todd2fst4u
Just installed the DIY kit. Only one snag, initially the driver side rear shelf speaker wasn't working. I found a pin that was pushed up in one of the plugs on the crossover box. After I pushed it back in, it all worked great. Used to be I had to keep the bass flat because as soon as I turned it up, vocals and highs became muddy and podcasts would become difficult to understand. Now I can dial the bass where I want it, and all the highs are still crystal clear. I also feel the sound envelope me from the rear as well as in front.

I'm considering adding a sub, but I don't feel I have to at this point.

Last edited:
Reactions: j5701 and badiban
New here. I bought an audio kit a month ago for my new m3 Sr+ 2021. I can't remember having seen 2020 or older only. But I now see it on the website. Is it still possible to install it? I seem to read that the problem is on the hardest cabling. Is it technically possible to modify the one that came with the kit? Is there anything else that is not compatible?

the quite appear to be inconsistent on those kit, but luckily this forum give plenty of advise on what to do and the owner of the kit post here, so I should be fine :)

The sound is pretty subjective. When my dad sat in the back he immediately noticed why there was no sound coming from behind him because he noticed there is a speaker grille there. Some people say the rear shelf is a substantial addition to the audio system, while other say it doesn’t make a difference. I have them in my car (Nov. 2019 build), so I might as well hook it up. I’d be interested to see if I notice the difference.

“when you go to a concert, the band and speakers are in front of you”.
:p

Reactions: Mr X
New here. I bought an audio kit a month ago for my new m3 Sr+ 2021. I can't remember having seen 2020 or older only. But I now see it on the website. Is it still possible to install it? I seem to read that the problem is on the hardest cabling. Is it technically possible to modify the one that came with the kit? Is there anything else that is not compatible?

the quite appear to be inconsistent on those kit, but luckily this forum give plenty of advise on what to do and the owner of the kit post here, so I should be fine :)

2021 uses different connectors so it'd be a mess of cutting and connecting cables. I wouldn't recommend it if you want to keep your original wiring intact.

What’s the best way to get the connector out of the main computer? I have a hansshow harness installed and it's super difficult to take out. Way harder than the oem plug.
I just uninstalled my DIY version a few days ago (to upgrade to Version F). It was easy everywhere except that particular plug (going into the ICE). The trick was two-fold. Actually push it in further to help 'release' the clip, then when pulling it outward make sure you push in the little tab to release that clip BEFORE you start pulling the whole plug outward. Worked easy to release as it seemed to get caught and pushing it back in and starting over released it.

What’s the best way to get the connector out of the main computer? I have a hansshow harness installed and its super difficult to take out. Way harder than the oem plug.
Caefully look at the plug on the Hanshow harness and you'll realize where the tab that needs to be pushed actually is. Once you're pushing in the right place the plug comes out smoothly.

Yes I know there’s a tab to press in but the plug doesn’t seem to want to budge.

I would agree with the first suggestion, press the connector In (toward the driver side of the car) and then press and hold the release tab making sure that it does press in. From there, with the release tab held down, 'wiggle' the connector up and down (toward the roof and floor) as you apply pressure outward(toward the passenger door). All while almost standing on your head.

That's the best way to describe without physically seeing what is going on...