Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow Audio Upgrade? (SR+)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know if the amplifier outputs the same frequency range to the L/R outer dash mid speakers as the center channel? Or does it roll off at higher frequencies because there is no tweeters like the center?

We know on the Premium audio that the outer dash mids are not sent higher frequencies per Travis Llado’s writeup.

Yes and on many other peoples cars haha. The sound is better but its all subjective to what you are looking for. If you want more bass you wont get that.
Depends on what you mean by more bass. I always had to keep my equalizer settings flat because adding bass always made the highs too muddy. After installing the harness, I was able to add as much bass as I liked since the tweeters were handling the highs. It's no substitute for a subwoofer, but it was a huge improvement to my non-premium car.

Reactions: calidreamz808
Depends on what you mean by more bass. I always had to keep my equalizer settings flat because adding bass always made the highs too muddy. After installing the harness, I was able to add as much bass as I liked since the tweeters were handling the highs. It's no substitute for a subwoofer, but it was a huge improvement to my non-premium car.
I have install the harness, pleasantly surprised. Definitely an improvement. Would you mind sharing your settings ? Thanks.

Just bouncing back in here to say I've had Version F installed for about a month now and the M3 SR+ for 3 months in all. I feel like the whole system is broken in now and sounds amazing, somehow better today than the first day I finished the install. Definitely worth the time and effort for me.

Also rocking a 3 month trial on Tidal is pretty sweet.
Finish today to install version F into a M3 SR+ 2021. With the 2 DSP processing signal, it is now as the singer and orchestra play right into the car. What a difference. A drawback is that the custom lightshow do not play. Just the initialization boom and 1 second music and crash.

Hi everyone.
I kinda need your inside help on a problem with a Version B full install. Hansshow support is trying to help but the support isn’t being specific enough and can’t answer my question.
I’ve installed a version B install with all harnesses and a grey metal subwoofer in the back. Everything is working fine but the real door and rear back speakers are reversed.

Solution #1: Fix it with software:
My DSP box is the red one and I can only use the version b windows software to access the DSP box. There aren’t any controls to switch the rear channels in the version B software from Github. The E software keeps locking up and doesn’t work. The “version B data” import files doesn’t fix the rear speaker problem.
Please let me know if it is possible to fix it with a software fix.

Solution #2: Cut open the harness in the back and switch around some wires.
This sound a bit more frightening but it could be the solution I need. I just don’t know which is the right and the left wire to switch around.
Do anyone have a diagram or info of this harness?

Solution #3 from Hansshow support: Install the provided rear parcel shelf speakers that Hansshow included in their Version B. I have them but this does not fix that the rear backdoor speakers are revised. Hansshow hasn’t commented on this.
I hope that some of you have tried something like this or have a solution - thanks for your time!

Here is a link to some pictures of all the parts:

Hi everyone.
I kinda need your inside help on a problem with a Version B full install. Hansshow support is trying to help but the support isn’t being specific enough and can’t answer my question.
I’ve installed a version B install with all harnesses and a grey metal subwoofer in the back. Everything is working fine but the real door and rear back speakers are reversed.

Solution #1: Fix it with software:
My DSP box is the red one and I can only use the version b windows software to access the DSP box. There aren’t any controls to switch the rear channels in the version B software from Github. The E software keeps locking up and doesn’t work. The “version B data” import files doesn’t fix the rear speaker problem.
Please let me know if it is possible to fix it with a software fix.

Solution #2: Cut open the harness in the back and switch around some wires.
This sound a bit more frightening but it could be the solution I need. I just don’t know which is the right and the left wire to switch around.
Do anyone have a diagram or info of this harness?

Solution #3 from Hansshow support: Install the provided rear parcel shelf speakers that Hansshow included in their Version B. I have them but this does not fix that the rear backdoor speakers are revised. Hansshow hasn’t commented on this.
I hope that some of you have tried something like this or have a solution - thanks for your time!

Here is a link to some pictures of all the parts:
On the rear right side of the car, between the back seat and the side of the car, you plugged two white connectors activating the two rear shelf speakers. They are same for the both of speakers, right and left. Have you tried to inverse the plugs ?? Look at the attached file and examine your DSP if it is the same.

Attachments

• PZ-C7usermanual.pdf
    8.6 MB · Views: 79
Last edited: