Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow Audio Upgrade? (SR+)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am really curious about the Hansshow audio upgrade kit, but I haven't been able to find out much specific info on if the upgrade kit is worthwhile (especially for my newer SR+ which only has 4 silent speakers). I am also not the most handy and the idea of tearing my car apart does give me a little anxiety. For what it's worth I did do the center console wrap myself, but ripping panels off my car is a new level for me. I have a few questions about this:

• Has anyone completed the installation? How difficult was it?
  • How did the sound quality improve?
  • Which option would you recommend for someone like me who likes music but is not an audiophile. DIY or Standard?
  • What the heck is the "DSP" and why is it so much more expensive than just the harness itself?
Price is definitely a factor for me and I don't want to spend a ton of money without knowing what I'm getting myself into. Here is the link for those who haven't seen it: Model 3 SR Premium Audio Upgrade | Intelligentized Auto Parts | Hansshow

Thanks in advance and hopefully this community can give me some clarity on if it's worth diving into this

I bought the Professional package with the DSP and Subwoofer. My SR+ has the rear deck speakers as well. I'll update when I receive and install the kit. I believe the DSP can power all of the speakers based on a YouTube comment Hansshow left on the Professional install video (
). If it works outs, it would be a great deal given that you'd achieve better than stock Premium audio for under $700.

Reactions: badiban and cdswm3
I am really curious about the Hansshow audio upgrade kit, but I haven't been able to find out much specific info on if the upgrade kit is worthwhile (especially for my newer SR+ which only has 4 silent speakers). I am also not the most handy and the idea of tearing my car apart does give me a little anxiety. For what it's worth I did do the center console wrap myself, but ripping panels off my car is a new level for me. I have a few questions about this:

• Has anyone completed the installation? How difficult was it?
  • How did the sound quality improve?
  • Which option would you recommend for someone like me who likes music but is not an audiophile. DIY or Standard?
  • What the heck is the "DSP" and why is it so much more expensive than just the harness itself?
Price is definitely a factor for me and I don't want to spend a ton of money without knowing what I'm getting myself into. Here is the link for those who haven't seen it: Model 3 SR Premium Audio Upgrade | Intelligentized Auto Parts | Hansshow

Thanks in advance and hopefully this community can give me some clarity on if it's worth diving into this

I would also like to hear from someone that did just the DIY option and turned on the six speakers. If you don't plan on cranking the volume or pumping the bass it seems like it could be a good option.

Reactions: GasNah
I bought the Professional package with the DSP and Subwoofer. My SR+ has the rear deck speakers as well. I'll update when I receive and install the kit. I believe the DSP can power all of the speakers based on a YouTube comment Hansshow left on the Professional install video (
). If it works outs, it would be a great deal given that you'd achieve better than stock Premium audio for under $700.

Looking forward to hearing your impressions!

Reactions: strykeroz
So if I get this right, there are only FOUR (4) functioning speakers at the doors plus one speaker at the front hood that are working on SR+ model. How many speakers are there on the back? In my Model 3, the speaker grill runs the full length.

So with this kit, we can activate the two front door tweeter, two front surround speakers, and the rear speakers? I don't think it's hard to do this mod as long as you have Auto Trim Removal Tool Kit. I'm debating on getting one too.

How many watts in the new DSP?

So if I get this right, there are only FOUR (4) functioning speakers at the doors plus one speaker at the front hood that are working on SR+ model. How many speakers are there on the back? In my Model 3, the speaker grill runs the full length.

So with this kit, we can activate the two front door tweeter, two front surround speakers, and the rear speakers? I don't think it's hard to do this mod as long as you have Auto Trim Removal Tool Kit. I'm debating on getting one too.

How many watts in the new DSP?

The SR+ has 4 doors speakers and 2 on the front dah. The center dash speaker is not active.

Audio Systems for the Model 3 – TeslaTap

Last edited:
I have a 2020 M3 SR+ that I ordered in Nov of 2019, picked up on Dec. 23rd of 2019. It's a 2020 model per the VIN. I just double checked and there are two 3 or 4" size speakers in the rear. I wonder if the kit will connect those rear speakers as well.

I have a 2020 M3 SR+ that I ordered in Nov of 2019, picked up on Dec. 23rd of 2019. It's a 2020 model per the VIN. I just double checked and there are two 3 or 4" size speakers in the rear. I wonder if the kit will connect those rear speakers as well.
The kit will enable the two rear hat shelf speakers, the two front door speakers (by the mirrors) and the two a pillar speakers.

The 80$ upgrade looks like a no brainer. I'm curious if the existing amp can handle all the speakers though. The 699 package looks very tempting.

That is my concern as well that the ICE can handle it all the speakers. It sounds like it can as long as you aren't cranking the volume/bass. I am just curious what the sound quality is after the install of just the harness.