Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow Audio Upgrade? (SR+)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you own a SR? Or will you take advice from an actual SR owner who had the SR+ configuration before they nerfed it? My EQ settings had to change after my car showed as a SR -- immersive off before too. I had to bump up the trebles to get it to sound similar to before.
I own an SR, but the display says SR+ and have an immersive on setting. So not sure if the "true" later SRs have a different config

Also, I'm wondering if buying the $80 wiring harness is worth it in my case and what would install costs typically be?

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: dandan
I’d be interested to see real documentation from Tesla about this. Not a website that states, “SR and SR+ believed to be accurate – info from other owners” I believe it to be inaccurate.

If I made a video with a phone app dB meter on top of each speaker in the dash will you believe me then?
No doubt that It is connected, it is just disabled in software as it used to work.

Reactions: cdswm3
So, if you order the professional version of this with the DSP amp and the subwoofer, does that mean that all of the disabled factory speakers are also powered by the amp along with the subwoofer? Doesn’t seem super clear on the website. I am also curious how good that amp is. The wattage specs in the video seem high for what looks like a fairly small gauge power cable...

I purchased the kit with the DSP and the Sub. I am still tracking down a small issue with overall front speaker volume, but I can say that the improvement with the rear speakers and the sub is amazing. The now functional front speakers really enhance as well. Even with the diminished front volume, which I believe may jest be a bad wire connector, it is now far better then before.

I purchased the kit with the DSP and the Sub. I am still tracking down a small issue with overall front speaker volume, but I can say that the improvement with the rear speakers and the sub is amazing. The now functional front speakers really enhance as well. Even with the diminished front volume, which I believe may jest be a bad wire connector, it is now far better then before.
How did you handle the ground wire? Did you have to modify it to get it connected?

I ordered the $80 kit. I'm curious if anyone has installed just the harness and has any opinions on the sound quality.
I literally just finished installing the harness, the addition of the inactive speakers help give more surround sound. I can admit that it is lacking bass and I’ll likely add a sub or just get the whole package from todd2fst4u. But overall sound is improved.

Ordered just the harness Sep 27 and got here today.

I literally just finished installing the harness, the addition of the inactive speakers help give more surround sound. I can admit that it is lacking bass and I’ll likely add a sub or just get the whole package from todd2fst4u. But overall sound is improved.

Thanks! How was the install process?

thanks for the info. You finding any distortion when turning the volume up? I assume you are keeping volume under 50%?

Thanks! How was the install process?
It was pretty straight forward. Things to take note of is the oem amp plug is a pain to get out and you might have to pull down the carpet a bit to get at it, and if you don’t want wires all around your car you have to thread harness under the carpet to driver side which is scary but is simple to do.
thanks for the info. You finding any distortion when turning the volume up? I assume you are keeping volume under 50%?
No distortion, I tried going over 50 a couple of times and didn’t notice any. But likely going to keep it under or at 50 until I figure out what do to about adding a sub and amp.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: bbk3e and sa012
It was pretty straight forward. Things to take note of is the oem amp plug is a pain to get out and you might have to pull down the carpet a bit to get at it, and if you don’t want wires all around your car you have to thread harness under the carpet to driver side which is scary but is simple

Just curious where did you install that little crossover control box? Did you mount it with double sided tape where Hansshow did in their video?

Thanks for the quick review!

Did you end up breaking any of the clips during the install? I'd like to order a few spares before my cable arrives but I'm not sure which type to order.

It was pretty straight forward. Things to take note of is the oem amp plug is a pain to get out and you might have to pull down the carpet a bit to get at it, and if you don’t want wires all around your car you have to thread harness under the carpet to driver side which is scary but is simple to do.

No distortion, I tried going over 50 a couple of times and didn’t notice any. But likely going to keep it under or at 50 until I figure out what do to about adding a sub and amp.
If you don't mind could you test the volume around 75 to see how the amp performs? If hate to be limited to just 50% assuming there's distortion at higher levels.

Bass is omnidirectional and usually mono. Most other car stereo systems and home theater systems only have one subwoofer. It’s possible to have more than that, but usually for volume, not stereo.
I understand what you are saying, and it is "usually", and rare, but still not done properly. It should be a summed signal in music. That's fine in HT where the sound is mixed with a summed LFE signal.