Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow Audio Upgrade? (SR+)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I understand what you are saying, and it is "usually", and rare, but still not done properly. It should be a summed signal in music. That's fine in HT where the sound is mixed with a summed LFE signal.
That’s a good point. Honestly, I’m more worried about the generic, unbranded amp that’s included with this setup. I think I’ll end up going the DIY route with a better quality amp.

I purchased the kit with the DSP and the Sub. I am still tracking down a small issue with overall front speaker volume, but I can say that the improvement with the rear speakers and the sub is amazing. The now functional front speakers really enhance as well. Even with the diminished front volume, which I believe may jest be a bad wire connector, it is now far better then before.

Update.....

OK, front sound issue resolved (firmware update to DSP) AND ALL I CAN SAY IS... WOW!!

First off, the guys at Hansshow were tireless in their assistance, day and night. I woke them up, they woke me up and never stopped until I was happy. The final sound product is nothing short of amazing. I play my music rather loud and the highs are crisp and the new sub thumps my back through the seats. A song like Bohemian Rhapsody really shows it off. Even my wife was impressed which is not an easy task. All I can say is that is worth every penny. My son has an M3 AWD with the full premium sound system and mine blows it away. Here a a few items I saw:

The DSP is very high quality, well built, passive and active cooling . Instant start-up with no pops. I have not heard of the specific brand, but it does not appear to be a cheap off the shelf item.

The DSP enhances all the speakers, not just the ones the harness turns on. The "immersion" option now clearly changes the sound, making it far more surround. There is strong separation for the front and rear speakers. The sub is very well built, in custom wood enclosure, covered in the usual sub "fuzz". It looks like either a carbon fiber or Kevlar cone and it really pumps the bass. The overall look of the entire kit is high quality.

I was able to literally crank it to "11" and the sound was still clear. All in all, if you want kicking sound, this is a great value for the money.

I appreciate your comments.

Did you do the installation yourself or have it done? Can you estimate the number of hours of labour? If I buy, I will pay someone to do the installation and I’d like to have an idea of how much that portion of my cost would be.

Did it myself. It took less than an hour to take the car apart as needed and plug everything in. After I got it all working, about 1 1/2 hours to button it back up. I took the power off of the penthouse instead of under the dash, which saved me time as well.

Reactions: MexiCanuck
Update.....

OK, front sound issue resolved (firmware update to DSP) AND ALL I CAN SAY IS... WOW!!

First off, the guys at Hansshow were tireless in their assistance, day and night. I woke them up, they woke me up and never stopped until I was happy. The final sound product is nothing short of amazing. I play my music rather loud and the highs are crisp and the new sub thumps my back through the seats. A song like Bohemian Rhapsody really shows it off. Even my wife was impressed which is not an easy task. All I can say is that is worth every penny. My son has an M3 AWD with the full premium sound system and mine blows it away. Here a a few items I saw:

The DSP is very high quality, well built, passive and active cooling . Instant start-up with no pops. I have not heard of the specific brand, but it does not appear to be a cheap off the shelf item.

The DSP enhances all the speakers, not just the ones the harness turns on. The "immersion" option now clearly changes the sound, making it far more surround. There is strong separation for the front and rear speakers. The sub is very well built, in custom wood enclosure, covered in the usual sub "fuzz". It looks like either a carbon fiber or Kevlar cone and it really pumps the bass. The overall look of the entire kit is high quality.

I was able to literally crank it to "11" and the sound was still clear. All in all, if you want kicking sound, this is a great value for the money.

Thanks for the update. I’m going to order the same package now.

How did you update the firmware and where did you download the firmware? I’m thinking when I get mine I might need to do the same.

Did it myself. It took less than an hour to take the car apart as needed and plug everything in. After I got it all working, about 1 1/2 hours to button it back up. I took the power off of the penthouse instead of under the dash, which saved me time as well.
Again, thanks for yiur comments. I have now ordered the Performance upgrade. Here’s hoping it goes well. I won’t have an opportunity to do anything with the package until Christmas. I’ll look at the videos and assess my comfort level, but I’m still guessing I’ll pay someone else to do the work.

Update.....

More Updates:

If you purchase the kit with the DSP and Sub, it is far easier to pull the power off of the penthouse. The power harness has a fuse installed.

Last edited:
Stereo is supposed to create a soundstage as of the band is playing in front of you, not around you.

Stereophonic sound or, more commonly, stereo, is a method of sound reproduction that creates an illusion of multi-directional audible perspective. This is usually achieved by using two or more independent audio channels through a configuration of two or more loudspeakers (or stereo headphones) in such a way as to create the impression of sound heard from various directions, as in natural hearing. Thus the term "stereophonic" applies to so-called "quadraphonic" and "surround-sound" systems as well as the more common two-channel, two-speaker systems. It is often contrasted with monophonic, or "mono" sound, where audio is heard as coming from one position, often ahead in the sound field (analogous to a visual field).

Regardless of the definition of "stereo", having rear deck speakers will significantly improve the quality of the sound in the car. As noted by countless owners with the premium sound and those who've upgraded their SR+.

Stereo is supposed to create a soundstage as of the band is playing in front of you, not around you.
That is partially correct.

Almost any time I have attended a live music performance, the performance has been in an enclosed area. I’ve been to a few outdoor concerts.

Mostly the music has come to my ears directly. But the music has also come to my ears after being reflected off of side walls and off of rear walls. The experience is different if the performance was in a small club, a small theatre, a large concert hall, an indoor stadium, etc. Simple stereo does not replicate those difference in audio experiences.

Those differences can be important to the listening enjoyment. The auditory experience of hearing a chamber quartet in small setting or a large setting is different.

That is a limitation of simple stereo that can be compensated for by more advanced surround sound systems that include rear and possibly side speakers.

Reactions: pwykes