Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow Audio Upgrade? (SR+)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for clarifying. Does the wiring harness that plugs into the inactive speakers use the OEM amplifier to activate them? If so, I'm worried about the lower impedance of the load and ruining the amplifier. If that's the case, I'm going to order a version that comes with an additional amplifier.

Also, did anyone order a kit with the DSP? No idea what the value add of that is over just an additional amplifier.

Like the many others that have installed the DIY harness only, shouldn't matter unless you crank it on high all the time and blow it out. You might hear terrible distortion before you blow it out anyways.

You can always splice in your own aftermarket DSP amp if you think the additional 6 speakers aren't cutting it or you can contact Hansshow to pay the difference to get their DSP amp and harness with power.

Hello,

I have found that if I disconnect the purple/black 2-pin wire (under the dash on the left) and plug in the 2-pin wire from your cable then I lose the mic. If I connect your kit but leave out the 2-pin wire (ie leave the factory purple/black in place) then the mic works and the 4 additional speakers work (2x pillar and 2x rear parcel shelf. No tweeters).

View attachment 603560

Can you message me to send your whatsapp ? We will help you check the problems .

Ordered Version E through a Hannshow installer. A friend was planning to order as well and was told they would be releasing another new version with a 8x8 sub instead. Curious if Cici could explain differences and why the quick change in sub?

Thanks for asking.
Yes, I am pleasure to be here to answer.
The old version E is 5x8", we change to 8*8" because it will make the sounds bass effect better .
We always want to offer customers with good sounds effect . To bring you good user experience.
If you're willing to share with your user experience of having our audio upgrade kit in your car,
we will be very happy . Thank you.

Ah cool, looks like they finally added that option. With Version A, what are you missing that other versions have? Looks like you don't get a DSP (Version B and D), or an additional amplifier (Version C). I'm worried with Version A that I'm at risk of overloading the OEM amplifier.

I was going to get Ver. E. I don't really listen to high volume. Usually in the 40% volume and from the others who already installed the DIY Harness. They said the volume is fine even at 100% without distortion. The Sub has built-in amp. Get the kit with additional amp if you really crank up the volume. DSP would be nice but I'm pretty happy with the stock sound stage and kit A would be perfect for my need.

Thanks for asking.
Yes, I am pleasure to be here to answer.
The old version E is 5x8", we change to 8*8" because it will make the sounds bass effect better .
We always want to offer customers with good sounds effect . To bring you good user experience.
If you're willing to share with your user experience of having our audio upgrade kit in your car,
we will be very happy . Thank you.

Hi, I ordered Ver. A couple days ago. Would I be getting the 8*8 sub?

Hi all, I have recently purchased a DIY Audio Upgrade kit for my 2019 Australian right hand drive Model 3 SR+. I have installed the audio cables and box yesterday. The sound was good and all 6 of my extra speakers seem to be working.

Unfortunately after the install my microphone is not working any more. The car does not respond to any voice commands and the hands-free phone functions do not work. I tried rebooting the car (soft and hard) and it didn't fix the problem.

When I unplug the Hansshow cables/box and reconnect original cables, the microphone works again.

Has anyone come across this problem?
Check your the front left side blue plug, make sure each pin in the plug had connected well.

upload_2020-11-4_11-45-28.png

Hi Cici,
please ship my ORDER 19152...is 15 days old.
It’s a version E with the new 8*8 Subwoofer and aluminium speaker grills in substitution of the two rear surround speakers that I don’t need.
Please give me a feedback.
Thanks

If I order this is there someone/somewhere in the LA area that would be able to install it for me?

Also, I have a May 2019 SR+. Doesn't look like I have the rear speakers.

I want all my speakers activated + adding the rears and a sub, not sure which version to buy...