Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow Audio Upgrade? (SR+)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I left mine as is. It's the channel mapping that makes the difference. I was having some issues with video editing tonight and also one of my clips didn't record so I have to do it again when everyone isn't sleeping!
Sorry asking again but what’s “as is” setting? I did play a bit the two buttons when received the sub so I can’t remember the original setting.

I just received version E from Hansshow and after looking at what it'll take to install this, I've decided it's too daunting for me. If anyone's interested in taking this off my hands, please feel free to DM me or email me at [email protected]. I'm in the SF Bay Area.
PXL_20201113_175559081.jpg
PXL_20201113_175627707.jpg

Finally installed my DIY today. Took about 3 hrs, of which 30 mins were wasted looking for the right screwdriver head to remove the one screw on the driver side. Also found out that you don’t need to remove the larger panel on the driver side like some videos show. Only need to remove the smaller left panel that has a single screw and some clips. The divider panel comes off as is to pass the wires from the passenger side.

On the sound improvement, it’s surely an improvement but not as much as I was thinking there would be. I would sum it up as more clear sound up front because of the tweeters and more “heavy” sound for the back.

Reactions: sa012
How long did it take for delivery of the diy kit?

Finally installed my DIY today. Took about 3 hrs, of which 30 mins were wasted looking for the right screwdriver head to remove the one screw on the driver side. Also found out that you don’t need to remove the larger panel on the driver side like some videos show. Only need to remove the smaller left panel that has a single screw and some clips. The divider panel comes off as is to pass the wires from the passenger side.

On the sound improvement, it’s surely an improvement but not as much as I was thinking there would be. I would sum it up as more clear sound up front because of the tweeters and more “heavy” sound for the back.

How do you like the diy version? Did you see an improvement in sound. Any issues?

I didn't notice any reduction in bass. There isn't a whole lot to begin with and I would definitely notice if there was less.

I don't understand the wiring, but I assume that the 4 front speakers are driven from the front channels. After I installed it I moved the fader to all four corners of the car to verify everything was wired correctly. When I moved the fader to the rear, the front speakers went quiet.

Alright so I got the new version E that has the 31 channel DSP plus the 8 inch amp with the built in amplifier. I want to be a believer that this will work well so I am going to list out the issues I've experienced and give Hansshow a chance to rectify. Given that it's the weekend in China and I know others have gotten this kit I am posting this based on my experience with a note that I am reaching out to Hansshow to see if there is a way to rectify a few things.

The install itself was fairly smooth. There were some issues with image quality on the instructions I received from Hansshow when it came to the driver side. The purple and black cable (see attached) was what I unplugged and with that the speakers on the door and A pillar were working. No I don't have a P3 version. I installed some aftermarket dead/pedals.

I also used the post next to the penthouse power to connect the ground. I followed instructions from Mountain Pass Performance to first disconnect full power to the car. Once everything was connected I powered everything back up and lo and behold....I was fairly underwhelmed. The bass output was heavily reduced. I know that there is a .EXE file available to adjust the DSP. I have not done that yet. This is right out of the box. I spent some time fiddling with the amp and DSP and cables to make sure everything was correct. One thing I found during my install was that due to how tight the first connection to the factory amp is, I didn't have the clip in all the way. Make sure you hear it click to ensure a solid connection. After that I started to run some audio hertz tests on youtube through the car. The bass all of a sudden came alive. It was then I realized the audio settings in the car were mainly for the phone/streaming/spotify options. Youtube had it's own audio that I couldn't access, but it sounded great. I went back to the audio settings in the car and while listening to some bass music started playing with the fader and balance controls.

When I moved the fader to the front all of a sudden the sub came alive. Moving the fader and balance around the front really activated the bass and new sub, but the newly activated door and A pillar speakers weren't on when I slid the fader all the way forward. Moving it all the way to the back activates all the speakers with full treble! Moving it left activates the right speakers and moving to the left activates the right. Things are backwards. If you mess around with the settings you can get some ok sound. Now given the fact I paid a higher price for this, which included rear speakers (Fyi the harness will activate the rear shelf speakers), I am having troubles justifying the quality issues I've discovered so far.

1. Fader and balance are reversed.
2. This affects any movie audio or songs that have effects from front to back or left to right.
3. Turning on your signal, with Joe mode enabled is LOUD, even at low volume.
I will keep the speakers in for a bit to see how it is and to give Hansshow a chance to try and resolve. I will post any updates I get back in case anyone else is looking at this system based on this thread. I hope that anyone else installing will post their experience so that we can compare notes.

May I know your order number ?

Hey all,

Video is finally done. I didn't get the ending that I wanted and I missed some steps within the process so I tried to fill in with pictures. There is reference in the links to other videos that go through the install process in more depth. My video is based on the new version E that I received last week. My goal is that others that have way more knowledge in audio can help with the DSP settings. Please feel free to leave a comment or question and I will do my best to answer!

This project inspired me to start a channel as I do a lot of DIY tech and modifications when it comes to cars and automation in general. Hoping that this becomes a series of videos and of course, updates to the DSP setup and programming as I learn more!

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: Hayden and badiban
May I know your order number ?
Alright so I got the new version E that has the 31 channel DSP plus the 8 inch amp with the built in amplifier. I want to be a believer that this will work well so I am going to list out the issues I've experienced and give Hansshow a chance to rectify. Given that it's the weekend in China and I know others have gotten this kit I am posting this based on my experience with a note that I am reaching out to Hansshow to see if there is a way to rectify a few things.

The install itself was fairly smooth. There were some issues with image quality on the instructions I received from Hansshow when it came to the driver side. The purple and black cable (see attached) was what I unplugged and with that the speakers on the door and A pillar were working. No I don't have a P3 version. I installed some aftermarket dead/pedals.

I also used the post next to the penthouse power to connect the ground. I followed instructions from Mountain Pass Performance to first disconnect full power to the car. Once everything was connected I powered everything back up and lo and behold....I was fairly underwhelmed. The bass output was heavily reduced. I know that there is a .EXE file available to adjust the DSP. I have not done that yet. This is right out of the box. I spent some time fiddling with the amp and DSP and cables to make sure everything was correct. One thing I found during my install was that due to how tight the first connection to the factory amp is, I didn't have the clip in all the way. Make sure you hear it click to ensure a solid connection. After that I started to run some audio hertz tests on youtube through the car. The bass all of a sudden came alive. It was then I realized the audio settings in the car were mainly for the phone/streaming/spotify options. Youtube had it's own audio that I couldn't access, but it sounded great. I went back to the audio settings in the car and while listening to some bass music started playing with the fader and balance controls.

When I moved the fader to the front all of a sudden the sub came alive. Moving the fader and balance around the front really activated the bass and new sub, but the newly activated door and A pillar speakers weren't on when I slid the fader all the way forward. Moving it all the way to the back activates all the speakers with full treble! Moving it left activates the right speakers and moving to the left activates the right. Things are backwards. If you mess around with the settings you can get some ok sound. Now given the fact I paid a higher price for this, which included rear speakers (Fyi the harness will activate the rear shelf speakers), I am having troubles justifying the quality issues I've discovered so far.

2. This affects any movie audio or songs that have effects from front to back or left to right.
I will keep the speakers in for a bit to see how it is and to give Hansshow a chance to try and resolve. I will post any updates I get back in case anyone else is looking at this system based on this thread. I hope that anyone else installing will post their experience so that we can compare notes.
Me too, I didn't have the clip in all the way to the factory amp at first attempt and only the 2 Hansshow rear surround speakers worked. So I had to push it hard in again though I still couldn't get the click. Anyway all speakers worked this time. Except the subwoofer, which I still don't know why. Otherwise the bass output was reduced whenever I connected the Hansshow rear speakers, it came back to the normal level if I decide to just use my factory rear deck speakers. Other than that,I got the same issues as yours: fader and balance reversed, turning signal is loud.

Me too, I didn't have the clip in all the way to the factory amp at first attempt and only the 2 Hansshow rear surround speakers worked. So I had to push it hard in again though I still couldn't get the click. Anyway all speakers worked this time. Except the subwoofer, which I still don't know why. Otherwise the bass output was reduced whenever I connected the Hansshow rear speakers, it came back to the normal level if I decide to just use my factory rear deck speakers. Other than that,I got the same issues as yours: fader and balance reversed, turning signal is loud.

Send me the picture of the position I sent in picture please . We need to check if you connect everything correct or the problem you didn't adjust the sound good. And please message me your whatsapp number . We will help you solve the problem .

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 89

Here is the solution about Fader and balance problem.
upload_2020-11-16_14-18-55.png