Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow Audio Upgrade? (SR+)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Installed the DIY version this weekend. Fairly easy to install. All speakers working, definitely can hear the additional speakers in de front, more high present. Still looking at the best settings, seems a bit heavy on the high at the moment.
Better cross-over filter (than the caps only in the box) might also improve sound. Curious if anyone is looking at building a better cross-over?
Yeah I'm seeing the same. Fading to back helps. But overall a dsp would work. I tied an app called sound tune and played songs thru Bluetooth on the speakers. A major improvement is heard when using the phone app to tune the eq. So my guess is a dsp will address the issues

I received an updated DSP file from hansshow today and it has improved the highs quite a bit. In seeing what was done and reading a few of the last few pages it looks like the changed the volume levels to the front speakers. I can hear the difference flipping between the two profile configurations. Overall this has improved the sound, making in more tolerable than it was before. I am curious about still flipping the wires they told me to try so I may do that this weekend when I have a bit more free time. I've attached the DSP file they sent me. Note that I remapped the speakers again as each file they send me still has the channels reversed.

Attachments

• Version E 1119.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 50
I received an updated DSP file from hansshow today and it has improved the highs quite a bit. In seeing what was done and reading a few of the last few pages it looks like the changed the volume levels to the front speakers. I can hear the difference flipping between the two profile configurations. Overall this has improved the sound, making in more tolerable than it was before. I am curious about still flipping the wires they told me to try so I may do that this weekend when I have a bit more free time. I've attached the DSP file they sent me. Note that I remapped the speakers again as each file they send me still has the channels reversed.

Which wires did they tell you to flip?
I’m trying to probe the harness so I can draw up a schematic. So far it has been very confusing.

There’s another version available from Hansshow, F, with an OEM style subwoofer. $1099
2BE501AD-C0CD-470F-8D11-EC1A4B4E663D.jpeg

Can you post a picture of how they lowered the highs, I would like to see if it's similar to how I lowered them, don't have a picture of mine but will screenshot it when I get a chance to take the front apart again.

Can you post a picture of how they lowered the highs, I would like to see if it's similar to how I lowered them, don't have a picture of mine but will screenshot it when I get a chance to take the front apart again.

Crap. I had the application open 2 seconds ago and closed it! I will be doing a deeper dig through the settings this weekend and compare what the changes have been. They actually gave me another new DSP file this morning to load. I won't be able to check until tomorrow though.

Yeah I'm seeing the same. Fading to back helps. But overall a dsp would work. I tied an app called sound tune and played songs thru Bluetooth on the speakers. A major improvement is heard when using the phone app to tune the eq. So my guess is a dsp will address the issues

Would be interesting to find out If the supplied box with capacitors can be replaced with some kind of DSP.

Did anyone have to pay import taxes. I ordered the version E and had to pay 20$ as import duties? Is this norma
Wow, so if I order one tomorrow I might get it faster and cheaper than the one I ordered over a month ago and still hasn't been shipped? (I must have angered Cici;))

I might actually have to think about that one.
If it makes you feel any better it doesn't look like mine will be delivered today after all. It made it to Montreal this morning (which was impressive coming from China), but only cleared customs around 2:30pm. I can't see them putting it on a truck for delivery this afternoon. So probably have to wait until next weekend to try the install.

Edit: oh, and $26 in taxes ($10 UPS brokerage fee and the rest assorted duties and taxes). Yes, they significantly underdeclared the value so I'm not complaining :)