Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow Audio Upgrade? (SR+)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone here had a Hansshow-approved installer do the installation? I have the
I'm seeing there are a lot of Vancouverites in here posting/purchasing. I'd be happy to meet up with anyone who's bought a kit. I'd love to compare notes! PM me if interested.

I’m not in Vancouver... I’m on the Island. I’ve gone whole-hog and have Version F on the way. I’m planning to have it installed by an installer once Hansshow tells me who that is in Victoria.

They gave me a phone number in Richmond, but I don’t plan to have to go to the mainland when Hansshow has someone in Victoria.

https://www.hautopart.com/install-areas/

Has anyone here had a Hansshow-approved installer do the installation? I have the

I’m not in Vancouver... I’m on the Island. I’ve gone whole-hog and have Version F on the way. I’m planning to have it installed by an installer once Hansshow tells me who that is in Victoria.

They gave me a phone number in Richmond, but I don’t plan to have to go to the mainland when Hansshow has someone in Victoria.

Install Areas | Intelligentized Auto Parts | Hansshow
Hi MexiCanuck,

Could you please share the contact # in Richmond? I've asked them but haven't got feedback for installers in Vancouver area. TIA!

Swapping the wire did not change the balance. Just the polarity. My videos I have been posting go through fixing the balance and fader in their DSP software. I've seen some posts after this where Hansshow said they have corrected the issue, but I don't know if that means they uploaded new software in the DSP or if that was changing the wire. I wouldn't advise everyone to immediately cut the wire and swap. YMMV. I seemed to have gotten one of the very early harnesses for this version so maybe something was off.

My sub before the swap of the cable was pretty much reversed. When I faded front left it would sound ok, but then I lost the sound from all the other speakers. I wasn't getting a rich bass sound. After the cable swap I noticed that I am not getting as much bass out of the doors as before even if I slide the fader there. Funny enough, I actually have way too much bass now, but that's because I had my gain and bass boost up quite high. I need to tune it better. I wish hansshow would have included tiny knobs like the ones below since the position of the amp/sub in the trunk doesn't let you access those easily!
View attachment 610825

I’ve been mapping the wires on my harness and from what I can tell so far on the subwoofer, they get the signal from the left and right front door woofers. It looks like the polarity is wired correctly, but the left and rights are swapped.

I’ll probe more of the harness to see if the other input are are all backwards as well.

I’ve been mapping the wires on my harness and from what I can tell so far on the subwoofer, they get the signal from the left and right front door woofers. It looks like the polarity is wired correctly, but the left and rights are swapped.

I’ll probe more of the harness to see if the other input are are all backwards as well.

Interesting
Hansshow gave me Jacky at 604-356-6556.

Searching for the phone number I found vanCity Vinyl.

Searching VanCity Vinyl I see:

https://www.madvix.com/CA/Richmond/824690664274588/Vancity-Vinyl

The Hansshow website indicates that there is a Vancouver installer as well.

Jacky just did my chrome delete a few weeks ago. They are good guys there. They have done a bunch of power frunk installs, but at the time when I was there talking to them they weren't aware of the stereo upgrade. I know there is another guy in Vancouver that, if you are on Facebook and you find the Tesla Lower Mainland groups, he will be able to help. He ordered a lot of the DIY harnesses. I think his name was Alan.

Hey all. I am going to leave my system alone for awhile now. I am satisfied with the results after working with Hansshow and tinkering the DSP settings and then finally, reversing the purple wires at the sub/amp. I now just need to tweak to balance the bass as it's too much sometimes. I will work on a video that goes into using the DSP in more detail in the future. As for the reversing of the wires. I am not going to suggest that this is what you should do. I did it and it improved my sound significantly. YMMV.

Hansshow created a code for me to give out to people following and watching for the Black Friday upcoming sale. If you use MARSR at checkout you'll get 25% until the 30th and after the 30th, 5%.

Video on install:

Video on DSP settings

Update on the latest findings

My offer stands to those in the Vancouver, BC region to meet up, safely, to compare notes or to help answer any questions anyone has. Hopefully the more people that get the system, the more we can figure out how to tweak it just right!

Thanks for all the help and support along my journey!

Swapping the wire did not change the balance. Just the polarity. My videos I have been posting go through fixing the balance and fader in their DSP software. I've seen some posts after this where Hansshow said they have corrected the issue, but I don't know if that means they uploaded new software in the DSP or if that was changing the wire. I wouldn't advise everyone to immediately cut the wire and swap. YMMV. I seemed to have gotten one of the very early harnesses for this version so maybe something was off.

My sub before the swap of the cable was pretty much reversed. When I faded front left it would sound ok, but then I lost the sound from all the other speakers. I wasn't getting a rich bass sound. After the cable swap I noticed that I am not getting as much bass out of the doors as before even if I slide the fader there. Funny enough, I actually have way too much bass now, but that's because I had my gain and bass boost up quite high. I need to tune it better. I wish hansshow would have included tiny knobs like the ones below since the position of the amp/sub in the trunk doesn't let you access those easily!
View attachment 610825
Will provide the control button in the future goods free.

Hansshow told me they don't touch the center speaker. The tap the front left and right. If I hit mute all on the DSP i only hear the center speaker. It does sound muffled and I tried to explain it as crackly, like someone crumpling paper lightly. That didn't translate well in Chinese lol.
Each speaker in the car have it special tone purpose, like the subwoofer only output bass sound.
Only whole system in the car works in the same time, the sound effect will be great.
If you only use the central mid speaker. You can only hear the mid tone. That is not product problem. That is normal.
Hope I express myself clearly.

Thanks for the response. What I know about the Hansshow audio products is based on what members post as problems they've experienced and are still experiencing. Also based on reviews and videos of actual experiences by purchasers.

The discontinued 10" because it broke easily during shipping tells me either the product was designed with a weak point or not enough care was taken for packaging. Lots of companies are able to ship more fragile items without them consistently breaking in transit. The replacement 5x8 was represented as better than the 10" yet it is already discontinued and replaced with an 8" round in a small rectangular box. Was there a problem with the 5x8 and why it was discontinued in such a short time-frame?

I'm glad to see the balance issue fixed. IMHO this should have been tested and working before even going to market. This issue although fixable nevertheless causes problems for buyers in extra wasted time installing and trying to figure out if they've done something incorrectly and worse for those that are paying for an installer's time, this is an extra cost because it wasn't tested before shipping.

Since you've brought up the power trunk that's a perfect example. This was shipped with a CANBUS connector that had no functionality. Even after the first firmware revision, it still didn't work. I know this as I helped install one and wasted quite a bit of time diagnosing why the CANBUS feature did not work. I had thought it was wiring or install but then found that it was because Hansshow didn't even write the proper firmware for this safety feature to work. Has this been fixed now?

At the end of the day, my view is that products should be tested thoroughly before being sold. If that was done, this whole thread would be people just glowing about how much they like the system rather than people sharing problems.

This audio upgrade does look like a good option to improve the SR+ system but I can not recommend it to a friend until all the problems are worked out mentioned by members above. My friend who's planning to buy an upgrade wants me to help install and I certainly don't want to spend a bunch of time diagnosing and correcting design problems until that's all fixed and then I'd be happy to recommend it and help install it.

Thank you for your concern and question.

We provide 8 inches subwoofer instead 5*8 just because the 8 inches bass effect is better than 5*8, 5*8 inches subwoofer do not have any problem. actually, the material cost is higher than 5*8. We help our client upgrade it free.
For the shipment test, we need time to test it.
We never face such a problem in China. In the first batch of shipments to North America, no problem. But a few weeks later, the problem happens randomly. Then we figure out a new version to ship it. That is not easy. We speed lots of time to change the design.

For the trunk canbus, we design the feature like that. Not mean the Canbus function not work. If the client needs a function like seat remind, the trunk can not open in D gear. That is easy for us to make it. Just need to change the data and upgrade it.
Not a problem for us. Problem is that we need to know that function is what client really want.
Because Model X, S trunk can open in D gear. We just want to follow the Tesla rules.
tesla always update it software, which make developing the product in this car become very difficult. We try to add few canbus releted funcion in the car to improve the use stanablilty.
Some of our client do not need the canbus, because they think it is trouble maker. We can make the trunk works without canbus.
Other company can not make it.

And since client need more remind function according to canbus, we add these feature now.
So it is not a technical problem, it is market problem.

For the auido upgrade, the software and signal wire problem already been solved.
You will see more and more good reviews about our product in the future.

That's an odd problem then. A crackly speaker can be a sign it's blown but if it is, it doesn't make sense it's louder than the other two speakers. Did they have an answer? Is the centre speaker louder because power has been reduced to left/right? Is there a way to turn the gain up on left/right to the same volume output as the centre? Hopefully, there's no damage to the centre speaker or ice amp as it will probably no longer qualify for warranty.
You may misunderstand other people.

Each speaker in the car have it special tone purpose, like the subwoofer only output bass sound.
Only whole system in the car works in the same time, the sound effect will be great.
If you only use the central mid speaker. You can only hear the mid tone. That is not product problem. That is normal.

We already adjust the stereo based on general user.
If the client think sound for front left and right speaker is lound or low. They can use the DSP to adjust it himself.

Or if any one have spcial sound behavior like prefer heavy bass or prefer human vocal, we can launch-related data.

Hope I express myself clearly.

Not ture. The airway shipment cost rises fast. We do not rises the price and offer a better discount.
May I know which version price that you think is expensive, please let me know?
The most important thing is that our product provides a high quality sound effect with an affordable price, compared to other companies.
Each version price in black Friday activity reducts dozens to one hundred dollars. After the discount, price will go back. If you like our product, it is a good time for you to order it as a gift for yourself, you will love it.

Why were prices so raised? Even with the black friday discount you still pay almost as much as before without a discount.

The more I listen to my diy harness, the more I think those who have noticed a lack of bass after the install might be on to something. From listening to songs I know well, there are definitely times when I feel like the bass is missing. But then there are times when the bass sounds fine. I'm wondering if they have the polarity wrong on one of the door woofers that is cancelling out the other and the reason it sometimes sounds ok is when that particular song only has bass on one channel. That's my theory.

It also feels like the chimes and other sounds seem louder. I'm toying with undoing the harness and making some measurements with my spl meter to see if this is the case.

Has anyone run a frequency sweep before and after the install?

Not ture. The airway shipment cost rises fast. We do not rises the price and offer a better discount.
May I know which version price that you think is expensive, please let me know?
The most important thing is that our product provides a high quality sound effect with an affordable price, compared to other companies.
Each version price in black Friday activity reducts dozens to one hundred dollars. After the discount, price will go back. If you like our product, it is a good time for you to order it as a gift for yourself, you will love it.
Version E went from 599 to 773 dollar. If I add the customs costs to Belgium, this will be an expensive upgrade that is not yet 100% ready.

The more I listen to my diy harness, the more I think those who have noticed a lack of bass after the install might be on to something. From listening to songs I know well, there are definitely times when I feel like the bass is missing. But then there are times when the bass sounds fine. I'm wondering if they have the polarity wrong on one of the door woofers that is cancelling out the other and the reason it sometimes sounds ok is when that particular song only has bass on one channel. That's my theory.

It also feels like the chimes and other sounds seem louder. I'm toying with undoing the harness and making some measurements with my spl meter to see if this is the case.

Has anyone run a frequency sweep before and after the install?

I think you're bang on with the polarity issue!

As for the chimes and Navi voice, there's really no way to avoid this because the input signal is hijacked and rerouted before the ICE computer and into the DSP where the entire signal will be amplified to the newly activated speakers. Not sure how you could isolate that?

As for the chimes and Navi voice, there's really no way to avoid this because the input signal is hijacked and rerouted before the ICE computer and into the DSP where the entire signal will be amplified to the newly activated speakers. Not sure how you could isolate that?

Interestingly enough my chimes, signal, and navigation sounds are much lower now. I had to dial down the nav volume to be pretty much the very first sliver on the volume bar. From my experience, this volume randomly increases (happened before my audio upgrade even) so I have to set it back down once in awhile.

I have noticed some weird popping/clicking sounds after installation of the audio kit when I get a text message and when I hang up a phone call. I haven't tried this enough to figure out what that might be. It's not often so it isn't too annoying, but I'm not in my car as much as I used to be these days.

Install Areas | Intelligentized Auto Parts | Hansshow
I’m also on Vancouver Island and contacted Hansshow to see if there was an installer in the Nanaimo area since Victoria was a stretch. Cici replied “Yes, we have installer in Vancouver, you could contact Alan 6045633332 to help for your installation.” which leads me to believe that the Victoria installer does not do the audio upgrade. With so many issues reported I would only feel comfortable buying the kit if there was a professional installer available on the island.

Does the alerts and chimes only play out of the front dash full range speakers before the upgrade?

So many questions. I have a 2020 with the premium sound system, so it already has functioning rear speakers and subwoofer. Honestly, the sound quality is pretty good overall, especially after putting some damping material on some of the panels.

I have no idea whether these Hansshow offerings would be helpful to me or not, especially given the price. Having access to a single 31-band EQ for the system would be nice, although it would be even nicer to have access to a per-channel parametric EQ that included active crossover adjustments. For example having LPF and HPF on each channel with up to a 48dB/octave Butterworth filter on it, and some true parametric adjustment between those bands.

My biggest issue with the stock system is that it really seems to lack headroom. It doesn’t really start getting loud until the volume control is almost all the way up, and at that point it seems to start audibly compressing dynamics, as though the amplifiers are running out of steam.

No idea whether the Hansshow offering is any better or not. Of course they will say it is, but it would be nice to know why and how.