Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow Audio Upgrade? (SR+)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since I have a 2021 model coming in, I know I'm going to have to deal with the rear deck with no speakers and no cutouts. I ordered kit E with the rear speakers, but I know I'll have to make a round hole in the rear deck for it to go into. I grabbed a 4" midrange adapter plate STL file and printed it up to use it as a cutting template. I may even just modify it to hold in the Hansshow speaker better. Here' s a picture of their rear speakers next to the adapter.

Here's the link to the file I used:
Free CAD Designs, Files & 3D Models | The GrabCAD Community Library

Attachments

• IMG_2934.jpeg
    IMG_2934.jpeg
    567.4 KB · Views: 140
Reactions: William_Chan
This isn't the product for you. To get the top 5-10% out of your current system, you'll likely get this kit or go see a professional:

I appreciate that. But unless those speakers are considerably better-sounding and more efficient than stock, I don’t imagine it will be a huge improvement. As I said, I think the stock amplifiers run out of steam and start to compress signal before the system volume gets very loud.

I appreciate that. But unless those speakers are considerably better-sounding and more efficient than stock, I don’t imagine it will be a huge improvement. As I said, I think the stock amplifiers run out of steam and start to compress signal before the system volume gets very loud.

Light Harmonic did excellent work with the Model S so you might want to ask them how much of an improvement?

Since I have a 2021 model coming in, I know I'm going to have to deal with the rear deck with no speakers and no cutouts. I ordered kit E with the rear speakers, but I know I'll have to make a round hole in the rear deck for it to go into. I grabbed a 4" midrange adapter plate STL file and printed it up to use it as a cutting template. I may even just modify it to hold in the Hansshow speaker better. Here' s a picture of their rear speakers next to the adapter.

Here's the link to the file I used:
Free CAD Designs, Files & 3D Models | The GrabCAD Community Library

Did you check out this thread?
Brackets to install Aftermarket Speakers in Model 3

Sounds like the premium audio need more power. I've seen others added additional amp and subwoofer to give extra boost to the Premium Audio. If you listen to high volume. You definitely will see great improvements with additional amp and sub+amp.

PXL_20201124_202503866.jpg
PXL_20201124_200545418.jpg
PXL_20201124_202521688.jpg
PXL_20201124_200555197.jpg
PXL_20201124_202513962.jpg
PXL_20201124_200604961.jpg
PXL_20201124_202503866.jpg
PXL_20201124_200614538.jpg
PXL_20201124_202454448.jpg
alright
PXL_20201124_184325460.NIGHT.jpg
PXL_20201124_184345243.jpg
so after getting time to get back into the floor panel to reach the dsp that was put in under the center console, and updating the to version 1120 of the version E software I had, I can verify, that those settings did tone down the chimes and high notes to very good level, the eq graphic looks very different from original set up after looking at pictures of before and after, first is before next is after for every channel looks that they had moved them a bit to high and had to cut them down a bit, still had to manually adjust the channels. set the amp settings to hansshow reommended settings also: gain maxed, lpf maxed and bass bost just past half, music sounds way better, now that i have found better settings I can totally recommend to other people, it is possible to get it to sound good, and a huge improvement over stock system.

One thing for other people thinking of putting the amp, under the center console make sure you plug the computer connection cable to the dsp and just route it to the door panel so its easier to adjust settings in the future without having to take out the carpet and trim again.

Last edited:
View attachment 611490 View attachment 611481 View attachment 611485 View attachment 611487 View attachment 611488 View attachment 611489 View attachment 611490 View attachment 611491 View attachment 611492 alright View attachment 611494 View attachment 611495so after getting time to get back into the floor panel to reach the dsp that was put in under the center console, and updating the to version 1120 of the version E software I had, I can verify, that those settings did tone down the chimes and high notes to very good level, the eq graphic looks very different from original set up after looking at pictures of before and after, first is before next is after for every channel looks that they had moved them a bit to high and had to cut them down a bit, still had to manually adjust the channels. set the amp settings to hansshow reommended settings also: gain maxed, lpf maxed and bass bost just past half, music sounds way better, now that i have found better settings I can totally recommend to other people, it is possible to get it to sound good, and a huge improvement over stock system.

One thing for other people thinking of putting the amp, under the center console make sure you plug the computer connection cable to the dsp and just route it to the door panel so its easier to adjust settings in the future without having to take out the carpet and trim again.

Should probably wrap up the DSP in sound deadening material. Might rattle in there?!

Should probably wrap up the DSP in sound deadening material. Might rattle in there?!

probably could have, but its set in there with commercial grade double sided tape, that thing is so set in there, moving it out to do the changes today was a pain in the ass, that thing was set in there, so for shaking it probably would shake as much as the metal frame it is glued to.

if in the future it gives me issues, I would probably do it, for now I am not removing everything again to get to it, but thats very good advise. overall I am just happy my car finally sounds good

Reactions: kiNGng3
Wow, that thread is a treasure trove of goodness. After I get my car and kit E installed, I may have to consider upgrading the speakers as well. At least having the wiring and the DSP will make it a lot easier to mess with things! Thanks!

I personally haven't printed anything from that thread yet but I do plan on printing a DSP enclosure for under the seat. We'll see how it goes?

@William_Chan I just received the Hansshow Premium Audio Upgrade Version E. I am disappointed I received the very short lived 5x8" sub and I'm wondering if I have any options to change this. I also wonder if this package is one that has known issues or if that was a software thing and the wiring harness with mine is the same as the newest Version E? Is there a way I can contact you directly? I have not talked to anyone at Hansshow yet. I received this kit maybe a week ago.
IMG_5161.png

Hello everyone. I made an in-depth video on installing the DIY audio cable. Thanks!
I installed the DYI kit last week and have the same rear speaker issues. I’m still waiting on a response from Hanshow. The issue is that even when everything is centered you have sound coming from your right rear that is meant to be on the left. Let me know if you hear of anything from them. Great video btw!

Reactions: Turbojim
I installed the DYI kit last week and have the same rear speaker issues. I’m still waiting on a response from Hanshow. The issue is that even when everything is centered you have sound coming from your right rear that is meant to be on the left. Let me know if you hear of anything from them. Great video btw!

Must of been a bad batch from the factory. I got my DIY harness about a month ago and I checked the balance and fading and the right and left rear speakers are working right.

Reactions: B.K. and Mk30
While driving this morning, listening to music at a very low volume, I heard a loud bang in the front speakers and now only the rear speakers work.

Seems like my DSP is dead after something like 2 to 3 hours of total use (I don’t drive my car very often at the moment)

First the broken sub fixation, then the all around lower sound quality, now that...