Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow Audio Upgrade? (SR+)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Loving the DIY harness in my August 2019 SR+ . Definitely has a fuller sound with tweeters and rear speakers activated. No issues with the left/right balance either. Purchased the harness October 2020.

Only thing I noticed and I don't know if it is from the harness or I just never noticed before I installed it, that the volume level decreases when you open the doors. Not a big deal but was just curious if someone knew. PS Sorry if this was already mention in thread...might of missed it.

Reactions: badiban
Loving the DIY harness in my August 2019 SR+ . Definitely has a fuller sound with tweeters and rear speakers activated. No issues with the left/right balance either. Purchased the harness October 2020.

Only thing I noticed and I don't know if it is from the harness or I just never noticed before I installed it, that the volume level decreases when you open the doors. Not a big deal but was just curious if someone knew. PS Sorry if this was already mention in thread...might of missed it.

This is actually a feature the car has had for a while now. As far as I know, there isn't a way to turn it off. The audio keeps playing when you open the doors, but it turns the volume way down. I think the idea is so that when you open your door, it's not blasting Taylor Swift in the Wal-Mart parking lot ;)

• Funny
Reactions: sa012
What's wrong with a little Tay-Tay?

Nothing at all :)

Best way to test is either emissions mode or Netflix movie and see if the plane sounds go left to right or right to left.

My buddy's car was reversed and while watching fast and furious the sound went opposite of the cars!

Ugh, so irritating! Do you know when your friend installed his? Hansshow guaranteed me this issue was fixed before I ordered, and I'm really ticked that it's still a problem even though they've known it's an issue for months! They sent me the guide on how to fix it. Should have kept my expectations low since it's a Hansshow product :(

Nothing at all :)

Ugh, so irritating! Do you know when your friend installed his? Hansshow guaranteed me this issue was fixed before I ordered, and I'm really ticked that it's still a problem even though they've known it's an issue for months! They sent me the guide on how to fix it. Should have kept my expectations low since it's a Hansshow product :(

We installed in November. We were the beta testers to our delight. The publications in future installation pamphlets were me pics stolen from my threads.

has anyone successfully installed a revamped version of the hansshow DIY $80 for the 2021 Model 3? Sorry I'm v confused with the seller they said they're going to send me a newer version of the kit?

IMHO just buy the Tesla Offer harness where they connect to the B pillar instead. No issues with fade and balance and they use good quality crossovers.

Model 3 SR+ Speaker Activation – Tesla Offer

IMHO just buy the Tesla Offer harness where they connect to the B pillar instead. No issues with fade and balance and they use good quality crossovers.

Model 3 SR+ Speaker Activation – Tesla Offer

Does the TeslaOffer harness have a crossover? I think the one benefit the Hansshow harness has is the crossover. TeslaOffer says it connects everything in parallel, higher risk of overloading the amp, whereas Hansshow says theirs doesn’t change the impedance of the amp.

Does the TeslaOffer harness have a crossover? I think the one benefit the Hansshow harness has is the crossover. TeslaOffer says it connects everything in parallel, higher risk of overloading the amp, whereas Hansshow says theirs doesn’t change the impedance of the amp.
The impedance claim is just that...a claim. At least there's no thread about problems/issues with the TeslaOffer harness.

Reactions: badiban and kiNGng3

Not sure if you want to believe in Hansshow's marketing. YMMV. If you want to just activate your speakers then the Tesla Offer harness is better. Ask @todd2fst4u why he uses their harness for his modified harness with OEM sub.

Out of curiosity, which harness kit do you have installed in your car? If it’s the Hansshow, do you plan to change it to the TeslaOffer one?

Hansshow version B but there was lots of work to correct everything. You can read all my posts. I was the first to speak on the polarity, fade and purple wire for the subwoofer issue. My posts to correct these issues for version B and E, along with some others had Hansshow develop their installation pamphlet stealing our work and pictures from this thread to have customers fix their own harness instead of fixing it for the customers.

I can guarantee you the Tesla Offer harness dies not have polarity or balance issues.

Not sure if you want to believe in Hansshow's marketing. YMMV. If you want to just activate your speakers then the Tesla Offer harness is better. Ask @todd2fst4u why he uses their harness for his modified harness with OEM sub.
I use both suppliers. The difference is where you connect to the A-pillar speakers. Tesla Offer connects at the passenger B-pillar, Hansshow connects at the driver footwell.

• Helpful
My guess, and it is a guess only, but odds probably low. This is assuming oem speakers are 4 ohms and wiring another speaker in parallel creates a 2 ohm load. Just about all modern amps can run 2 ohm loads safely. If you look at amp specs on a car audio supplier site and check their cheapest amps, they mostly if not all, are rated at a 2 ohm load. So if the oem speaker impedance assumption is correct and the oem amp is built to at least similar build quality of most modern amps, then should be ok.
The front dash speakers are 3 ohm. You are connecting 2 more speakers in parallel (A-pillar and mirror) that are 4 ohm each. 1.2 ohm load

The rear door speakers are 3 ohm and you connect 1 speaker in parallel (rear dash) that is also 3 ohm. 1.5 ohm load

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: tlr1000 and badiban
has anyone successfully installed a revamped version of the hansshow DIY $80 for the 2021 Model 3? Sorry I'm v confused with the seller they said they're going to send me a newer version of the kit?
I have installed the harness that I make on a 2021. The only difference is that there are no longer connectors for the mirror tweeters. Posi-taps must be used instead.