Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow Audio Upgrade? (SR+)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm receiving my SR+ 2021 next weekend. I've just ordered the Rockford Fosgate p300-8 and I was planning to order the Tesla Offer harneness due to the sub out option. Is there any significant difference between Tesla offer and Basenor? Neither seems to have a crossover, and they both seem to use the same wiring approach and the Basenor is much cheaper. With the Basenor I'd have to tap the adapter for the missing rears and send it to the sub so slightly more complicated. I was also debating if I should send it through a LOC first. Anyone have any recommendations?

I'm receiving my SR+ 2021 next weekend. I've just ordered the Rockford Fosgate p300-8 and I was planning to order the Tesla Offer harneness due to the sub out option. Is there any significant difference between Tesla offer and Basenor? Neither seems to have a crossover, and they both seem to use the same wiring approach and the Basenor is much cheaper. With the Basenor I'd have to tap the adapter for the missing rears and send it to the sub so slightly more complicated. I was also debating if I should send it through a LOC first. Anyone have any recommendations?
On either harness, you'll be tapping the front left/right door woofers as only they have the signal range that carries the low signal. The rears don't have the range, neither do the dash mids.

A LOC or other type of processor is ideal to correct the 40hz rolloff that the factory stereo has. Honestly, if I were to do this again and not drop a huge amount on DSP/etc.. I'd do an AudioControl ACM 300.1 amp OR a Kicker KEY 500.1 amp and then a sub in box. Both those amps have ways to correct the factory rolloff without an LOC (the audiocontrol amp is basically an amp with LOC built in, and the Kicker has it's own self-tuning DSP). Plus the benefit there is that you have more power for future expansion.

Reactions: badiban
szu5ean.jpg

Just got the DIY kit for my 2019 SR+

Any installers in Ventura/LA area?

Last edited:
If you can change the air filter, you can install the diy kit. It just involves removing a few more panels and unplugging and plugging connectors. If you don't have the factory rear shelf speakers and you don't want to add them, the install is even easier. Installing rear speakers in a car that didn't come with them looks to be pretty involved.

Honestly for me, pulling the panels off was the hardest/most nerve wracking part of the install. But since you have already done this you know the process and what to expect.

Ya? I have to say that was the most annoying part, other than that it was a breeze.

And I do have the rear speakers. Seemed pretty straight forward following the video, maybe I will attempt this myself

Reactions: sa012
Ya? I have to say that was the most annoying part, other than that it was a breeze.

And I do have the rear speakers. Seemed pretty straight forward following the video, maybe I will attempt this myself

Very easy to do, especially if you already have the rear speakers. I used Jim's video to do it, it made the process much clearer.

The hardest part is putting the panels back together. Also, attaching the main plug into the OEM amp is tough, but doable. I recommend having someone to help you if you can, but the DIY harness can be done as a 1 man job.

Last edited:
I did it. Took an hour and a half with a break lol. I was upside down trying to get that plug out down there. It was the hardest part of the install actually

R0vRv2x.jpg

YvpiFRj.jpg

ciJdMTR.jpg

DzW2Jey.jpg

Blister and sore fingers: Worth it

Great upgrade for any SR+! Basically premium sound now. Great surround. Although, with 6 additional speakers activated, I could use some thump in the rear now...

• Love
Reactions: badiban
I did it. Took an hour and a half with a break lol. I was upside down trying to get that plug out down there. It was the hardest part of the install actually

R0vRv2x.jpg

YvpiFRj.jpg

ciJdMTR.jpg

DzW2Jey.jpg

Great upgrade for any SR+! Basically premium sound now. Great surround. Although, with 6 additional speakers activated, I could use some thump in the rear now...

Congrats on the upgrade! Also, I love the look of your Tesla.

About that rear thump... yeah... You might end up like me, uninstalling the DIY harness and going for Version F lol. Either way, enjoy the new sound man!

Reactions: Mr X
Hi, anyone have the updated 2021 hansshow DIY upgrade kit? I just got it in the mail, but the wiring looks different from videos I've seen installed in the past (for older model 3's) and the paper instructions received are trash). If you have a video of the installation that would be ideal.

I don't have any advice but would appreciate any feedback once you get it installed. I find the audio to be the worst part of the car, probably because none of the speakers in an SR+ can go down below 200hz. I get better bass from my desktop 3" Fostex builds. I've been looking at all the options and they are all lacking in one respect or another, and all complicated to install.

Hi, anyone have the updated 2021 hansshow DIY upgrade kit? I just got it in the mail, but the wiring looks different from videos I've seen installed in the past (for older model 3's) and the paper instructions received are trash). If you have a video of the installation that would be ideal.
From the looks of the harness/instructions as well as knowing the dedicated molex connectors for the A pillar tweeters are no longer present in the 2021, I believe the only real differences are step 3 and 6. Instead of inserting a molex that the adapter provides into vacant plugs in the pre 2021, you now have to insert those 2 pairs of wires with male prongs into some empty slots of already connected larger molex connectors.
Harn_diff.jpg

Last edited:
It actually does pretty well down to about 60hz and then drops off at about 15 db/octave. RTA of 2021 SR+, EQ flat, fader center, immersive sound off:
View attachment 648117
That looks good but it isn't what I'm hearing. When I found the immersive setting I turned it off because all it did was diffuse the sound and kill what little soundstage there was. My old car had 2 tweeters on the dash and two woofers on the door, and something in the back (it was a minivan so it had a lot of back) and I found the sound to be superior with a real soundstage across the front even with the driver way off center. The way the dash speakers are arranged in this car really kills all illusion of soundstage. Maybe that works for movie surround sound but it sucks for music.

R0vRv2x.jpg

YvpiFRj.jpg

ciJdMTR.jpg

DzW2Jey.jpg

Very nice car color!

Reactions: Mr X
Hi, I have problems with my mid bass speakers in the front doors after installing the version f system. The speakers are very quite and hardly any bass is coming from them. Has anyone that experienced the same issue had this fixed?

Hi, I have problems with my mid bass speakers in the front doors after installing the version f system. The speakers are very quite and hardly any bass is coming from them. Has anyone that experienced the same issue had this fixed?

I thought I had the same issue, but I realized it's because I'm listening to the music at a quieter volume due to the extra speakers, could that be related?