Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow Audio Upgrade? (SR+)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently installed the 2021 DIY kit to my Model 3, and I can barely tell a difference between the original sound system and this new one with the a-pillar speakers. I know the speakers work because if I open the doors, I can hear them, but they create just a little bit of noise. Is there anything wrong with my setup?

It should be a pretty significant difference. You should check your connections to the tweeters to make sure they are solid.

Should be able to hear it if you put your ear up to them. Sitting normally, it's hard to tell the difference.
Thank you for this information, it turns out my a-pillar speakers make a good amount of sound when I put my ear up to them, however they do seem to blend in with the other speakers when sitting normally. I just wanted to make sure that I didn’t do anything wrong in the installation and that everything works as intended.

• Love
Reactions: badiban
Hello guys,

The version F DSP has 3 settings on the back, ACC/OFF/DC. Is it supposed to be on ACC or DC and by putting it in OFF does it simply bypass the amplifier?
Is disconnecting the 12V battery necessary before starting the process?

Thanks so much.

Hi guys. I have a 2021 Tesla model 3 SR+ which I took delivery on June 12. Did Tesla change the wiring or has anyone who recently picked the new radar-less Model 3 SR+ Other then myself try to install the version F hansshow premium sound system without any issue. Everything has been connected I tripled checked my connections and I am only getting sound in just the two front door speakers. Nothing from the rear speakers and nothing from the rear surround or sub. Also the speakers that are deactivated did not activate. I am not to sure if Tesla updated the audio harness or if the hansshow harness for the version F is the issue. Waiting for a reply back as to a fix. I have it unplugged for now until I get an update from them.

My Dad just got a Model 3 Performance and I cannot tell a difference between the sound in his car and my SR+ with the DIY install.

Literally sounds the same, which is great! The bass doesn't even sound any different from the rear either, I'm surprised.

Now, I can absolutely tell a difference in acceleration, but that's a different topic 🥲
Something wrong with your ears 😂 because my Model Y LR is amazing sounding!

Hi guys. I have a 2021 Tesla model 3 SR+ which I took delivery on June 12. Did Tesla change the wiring or has anyone who recently picked the new radar-less Model 3 SR+ Other then myself try to install the version F hansshow premium sound system without any issue. Everything has been connected I tripled checked my connections and I am only getting sound in just the two front door speakers. Nothing from the rear speakers and nothing from the rear surround or sub. Also the speakers that are deactivated did not activate. I am not to sure if Tesla updated the audio harness or if the hansshow harness for the version F is the issue. Waiting for a reply back as to a fix. I have it unplugged for now until I get an update from them.
I also have a radar-less model 3. They sent me a firmware update for the DSP, all the speakers were working.. and then channels 1-4 stopped working.
been waiting for the whatsapp guy to reply, they are very slow

Ya? I have to say that was the most annoying part, other than that it was a breeze.

And I do have the rear speakers. Seemed pretty straight forward following the video, maybe I will attempt this myself
If I can install it, you can too.
I just installed the DIY harness, in my 2020 SR +, in 1 hour 45 minutes. I took my time, I broke down a YouTube install video ( watched each section a couple of times before I touched anything) It probably could be done in an hour, but I'm old and can't keep myself in a twisted position for to long...lol. No rear shelf speakers. I love the sound of the Dead Daisies Like No Other pumping thru the car. Enjoy.

Reactions: Mr X
Do the deactivated speakers in the a-pillar sound like the ones in the long range? I read on one reddit forum that the speakers will activate but will not give the same immersive experience as the LR, because it will not be driven into the audio system properly. Is this true?

I also have a radar-less model 3. They sent me a firmware update for the DSP, all the speakers were working.. and then channels 1-4 stopped working.
been waiting for the whatsapp guy to reply, they are very slow
They also sent me the update also but now only speaker behind the touchscreen works everything else is off. They are very slow to respond. All that I got from them is that they are working on a fix. I don’t think the 2021 harness they have is compatible with the radar-less Model3 as of yet and it is not a plug and play scenario as of now. Hoping they can send a new one out or offer a solution.

I just installed this system on my M3 without radar. Only has 100km on it!
Every speaker works in mine, but honestly I think the sub is not worth it. I put JL Audio C5 4" speakers in the parcel shelf. The whole system is way too powerful and bassy. Mind you I have not put the seats back together yet, so the sub is in the same room.
Overall it sounds pretty good. I think I just need to get the DSP software and adjust it for the 4" rear speaker as opposed to the ones in the kit - which are really tweeters by the looks of them.
I don't remember the LR being overly bassy. So there is work to do.

Tech Support is no existent. The guys who speak English have zero tech knowledge or are not allowed to give advice (likely the last). They always "have to check with an engineer. The engineers only work during the day so there is a large delay....

So let me get straight what I don't have in my 2021 (Late Feb) SR+:
No Subwoofer
No Read Deck speakers
No rear amplifier
No A2B connector at front end, so I can't just add a used amp/sub from another Tesla
No door tweeter taps/wiring at front end, so I don't have the "immersion" function.

And if I understand correctly, anything I add needs to be tapped from a full range signal, i.e. the front door speakers, in which case I lose the separate control for them.

Question then, does the rear door speaker have full range going to it? And should these be tapped if I were to put rear shelf speakers?

Am I correct in any or all of this?

I just sat in my car for a time and played and listened. These cables are rubbish. First off my new rear parcel shelf speaker is not getting a signal from the amp. The speaker works if I hook it up to the left channel.
The front door speakers are hooked up to the rear channels. So there is no true fade front to back. I doubt there is an easy fix for this. I would guess you need new harnesses to fix the problems.
I am going to see if they will take mine back. I just buy Todd's harness and a couple of amps.
I have spent too much time on this already.

Reactions: todd2fst4u
I read through the entire 75 page thread last week, taking like 4 hours. My takeaway from all that is that Hannshow is mostly winging it, and not doing real engineering. Stuff like wiring the connectors wrong so they have swapped speakers or swapped polarity tell me that they were not even doing the very bare minimum of QA. The cables were wired and shipped, never tested. No one quite knows what the magic box with capacitors are for- the 470 microF capacitors don't make sense as a crossover network.

That seems to have calmed down and bugs fixed and their manufacturing sorted out. The F model kit with DSP and subwoofer in particular seems like they finally worked out all the bugs with people here as unwitting beta testers. I expect that if you have a pre-refresh Model 3, you can buy these and get a reasonable experience.

However, I think that experience detailed in this thread tells us that you don't want to be the early adopter for any Hannshow product. If you've got a refreshed 2021 Model 3 I definitely would not buy whatever they are currently shipping.

BTW- there is a new TopFit harness that is a cheaper option off Amazon. I bought this for the connectors and wire, and am going to cut it up to install my own DSP amp. It's a really poor design, does a triple parallel of front dash speakers+tweeters+imaging which means a 1.6 ohm load on the amp. That's a really terrible idea. This is how the original cables from Hannshow and TeslaOffer came, so maybe these are hand-me-down cables that didn't sell.

These cables for activating the speakers is not a bad idea, but don't do more than two speakers in parallel. That's 2 ohms and nearly any amp can do that without problems. So Dash+tweeters and RearDoor+BackDeck is OK, but cut the wires to the round imaging speakers on top of the A pillar. They are the least valuable component.