Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow Audio Upgrade? (SR+)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2021 model3 without the radar. I picked it up June 9th. The kit still does not work. I am still waiting for in update from the engineers. Opting for a refund if they do not have a solution. Then I will take the refund and install my own system. I only have sound in the front two speakers and the speakers on the dash. The rear and subwoofer and rear deck speakers do not work. They sent me an update for the DSP but it disabled the door speakers and only the speaker right being the touchscreen works. So as of now I have it disconnected. Waiting for a solution.

I have a 2021 model3 without the radar. I picked it up June 9th. The kit still does not work. I am still waiting for in update from the engineers. Opting for a refund if they do not have a solution. Then I will take the refund and install my own system. I only have sound in the front two speakers and the speakers on the dash. The rear and subwoofer and rear deck speakers do not work. They sent me an update for the DSP but it disabled the door speakers and only the speaker right being the touchscreen works. So as of now I have it disconnected. Waiting for a solution.
All speakers seem to work in my case but the wiring is incorrect and the tweeters are barely audible. It should be instant refund but with the service I have had so far I doubt you will get money back. These guys are a joke and they have no idea what North American customer service is all about.

So one of the rear JL Audio speaker I installed in the parcel shelf had a broken tab - so was not getting a signal. I pulled out the shelf and fixed the wiring. This had a big positive effect on the way the system sounds. It is now pretty awesome with less bass. Balanced. I spent an hour tweaking using the DSP software. Happy to share the file if anyone wants it.
I am now pretty happy with my purchase.

Reactions: HKP_Tom
So one of the rear JL Audio speaker I installed in the parcel shelf had a broken tab - so was not getting a signal. I pulled out the shelf and fixed the wiring. This had a big positive effect on the way the system sounds. It is now pretty awesome with less bass. Balanced. I spent an hour tweaking using the DSP software. Happy to share the file if anyone wants it.
I am now pretty happy with my purchase.
so there is hope.. just waiting for that engineer 🥱

The "engineer" sent me an updated file. It was a joke. I guess I was just lucky that everything sounds OK. Although the fader is not exactly perfect. It is 180% better than stock. I drove a 2020 loaner with the stock system and it sound terrible compared to the Hansshow system.

They just told me that they are working on a new harness, if it works they will send a replacement (maybe next week)

To answer my earlier question (and Hansshow pre-sales are dreadful), the RHD 2021 DIY Harness DOES have rear speaker connections. So if I add my old 2019 rear shelf to my 2021, then I should be able to connect the rear shelf speakers too.

On my old 2019, the DIY harness did kill the bass from the door woofers, so it'll be interesting to see if it still does.

This does not explain why the harness they supplied me for my 2021 late May build plays all speakers.... and yours does not. They did not know when my car was built.
Seems super random to me.
If they knew in advance that there would be a different why not add another option on theur site. 2021 without radar.
They are not on top of anything.

To answer my earlier question (and Hansshow pre-sales are dreadful), the RHD 2021 DIY Harness DOES have rear speaker connections. So if I add my old 2019 rear shelf to my 2021, then I should be able to connect the rear shelf speakers too.

On my old 2019, the DIY harness did kill the bass from the door woofers, so it'll be interesting to see if it still does.
Kill the bass in what sense, like the speakers didn’t produce any sound? Or was the sound just reduced?

This does not explain why the harness they supplied me for my 2021 late May build plays all speakers.... and yours does not. They did not know when my car was built.
If they knew in advance that there would be a different why not add another option on theur site. 2021 without radar.
There are no wiring differences between radar and no radar vehicles.

Reactions: badiban
i picked my car June 9th. My model 3 is one of the “NEW” “NEW” 2021 that come without the radar in the front. So their must be some sort of issues pertaining to the wire work. It can’t be my Tesla Model3 as it only had 30 miles on it from driving from the Tesla dealership to my house. I was in the process of adding some small touches to the car and I installed the system following there install steps. Once done my front door speakers worked and all sound was coming from there. I had no sound anywhere else in the system.

-No Sub
-No surround Rear deck speaker
-No rear Driver/passenger speaker
-No dead Speaker activation at all

I unplugged the system and reconnected my stock sound system and everything was back to normal. I proceeded to do this 2 more times and thought I had missed something but no everything was still not working. I was sent an update for the DSP and now only the front speaker behind the touchscreen works. So I disconnected the system waiting for them to fix this issue. My stock sound is fine and everything works. I think the big issue is that 2021 cars that have radar and “NEWER” 2021 that do not have radar have something different audio wise or wire wise that doesn’t allow the Hansshow product to be a direct plug and play as I purchased the version F. I received an update and it appears that they are sending me a new harness after July 4th. Other then the audio upgrade issue my SR+ is great!

Attachments

• F4BE7E18-D562-46B0-8E40-E6C14FA735FC.jpeg
    F4BE7E18-D562-46B0-8E40-E6C14FA735FC.jpeg
    443.6 KB · Views: 94
i picked my car June 9th. My model 3 is one of the “NEW” “NEW” 2021 that come without the radar in the front. So their must be some sort of issues pertaining to the wire work. It can’t be my Tesla Model3 as it only had 30 miles on it from driving from the Tesla dealership to my house. I was in the process of adding some small touches to the car and I installed the system following there install steps. Once done my front door speakers worked and all sound was coming from there. I had no sound anywhere else in the system.

-No Sub
-No surround Rear deck speaker
-No rear Driver/passenger speaker
-No dead Speaker activation at all

I unplugged the system and reconnected my stock sound system and everything was back to normal. I proceeded to do this 2 more times and thought I had missed something but no everything was still not working. I was sent an update for the DSP and now only the front speaker behind the touchscreen works. So I disconnected the system waiting for them to fix this issue. My stock sound is fine and everything works. I think the big issue is that 2021 cars that have radar and “NEWER” 2021 that do not have radar have something different audio wise or wire wise that doesn’t allow the Hansshow product to be a direct plug and play as I purchased the version F. I received an update and it appears that they are sending me a new harness after July 4th. Other then the audio upgrade issue my SR+ is great!
They are sending you a new harness because yours is defective. There are no audio wiring differences between 2021 cars with or without radar. I’ve installed the harness I make in both varieties without any issues.

They are sending you a new harness because yours is defective. There are no audio wiring differences between 2021 cars with or without radar. I’ve installed the harness I make in both varieties without any issues.
Harness should be here within a few days. I’ll be installing it. Hope to see and hear it working. I’ll post and update when installed

Hi I am reading all this pre purchase a Model 3. Given so many issues, do most think the getting the native premium kid is a wiser choice? Long Range. I know it's a more expensive car, but I'm thinking extra 3 year cost of ownership $2-4k will save issues upgrading and I'll have long range. Good audio is a must have.