Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow Audio Upgrade? (SR+)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had my installation done of the Version F kit in a 2021 M3 exactly 10 days ago. I used a professional shop to do the installation and it all went smoothly. They didn't do the rear deck speakers though even though I asked them to take out the deck and put the speakers in the grill. They didn't feel comfortable with that part of the installation (drilling a hole etc) and they also didn't want to just leave them sitting on top of the grill. They did say that the wires are they should I want to attempt this myself.

Installation was $400 CAD and took about 3 hours at the shop. DSP cable is in the front console should I need it and the sub remote is in the trunk velcro'd to the side.

The bass is the most dramatic improvement to the system. At some points, I actually find it over-powering but really, that's what this kit is about. I did manage to install the 2 speakers in the rear deck through another installer that's done a lot of these. To be honest, I don't really notice the sound from the rear deck speakers or even the 4 activated in the front but at least I know they're working.

Chimes / alerts don't appear to be any louder than usual (with joe mode off) so that's a plus.

I do notice a few seconds of delay before the audio is full. For example, I get into the car, it's on and I can hear sound from some speakers but it's really low and then I get full audio sound a few seconds later. Presumably, this is when the DSP finally gets power to it and turns everything else on. I'm not sure if this expected or if it will cause problems in the long run. Power is going through the penthouse as per the Hansshow instructions with no additional relays. I asked about it and they said if you have issues, come back and we'll figure something out. I assume they either want more service labour but I also got the impression that they would have preferred to come up with a custom solution rather than using this kit.

But so far, so good. I love the bass. My wife doesn't love it as much as I do. I wish the Tesla was able to save audio settings with driver profiles. Everytime I drive, I have to check the sound settings to increase the bass levels.
Thanks for sharing the experience
I ordered DIY kit with subwoofers and Massage modules... excited.

So I ordered DIY kit for speakers with 2 subwoofer + massage charir modules.... received tracking number within 24 hours and now it's showing that scheduled to be delivered in 10 days....
People change, companies change... maybe few people had disappointment... but so far looking promising for me dealing with Hansshow.

Anyone got any good EQ settings for the SR+ with just the DIY harness? I have kept mine on flat and just increased the bass and mid bass, but I still want to see if it can get any better with EQ adjustments
try from left to right 2.5 - 1.5 - 0 - 1 - 2 and the little bubble you can move around for fader and balance put it a little behind the center of the car and a little on top of the passenger seat shoulder, I have the full upgrade but when i had the harness alone i liked those settings

I am waiting to see if the Version F gets the 25% off on Black Friday like it did in 2020. Locally two shops have quoted me $350 (vancouver) and $400 (new west) for just labour and $1600 if I purchase the kit directly from them. The shop in Vancouver is Tesla Studio & in New West its Teslafy. Looks like the Version F kit is currently $1099 USD - 25% = $825 USD = $1016 CAD + duty/tax/shipping. Might be easier to just buy the kit from the shop.

I had my friend buy me the kit from hannshow, he also has a shop in Vancouver and I had him install it for me. I also had him install a bunch of interior carbon fiber trims and other parts here and there for me for $1,500. He gets discount from hannshow so he worked that into the total.
I found the price he quoted me, $680usd for the sound system, $150 for shipping (it’s a huge box) and whatever duty they charge. Then he charges 3h install time on top. So basicly it’s $830 usd + install price. That $830 is the same price as the 25% off you quoted up top. Pretty sure you will get charged shipping on top after ordering too. If you want it pm me and I’ll send you info.

I had my friend buy me the kit from hannshow, he also has a shop in Vancouver and I had him install it for me. I also had him install a bunch of interior carbon fiber trims and other parts here and there for me for $1,500. He gets discount from hannshow so he worked that into the total.
I found the price he quoted me, $680usd for the sound system, $150 for shipping (it’s a huge box) and whatever duty they charge. Then he charges 3h install time on top. So basicly it’s $830 usd + install price. That $830 is the same price as the 25% off you quoted up top. Pretty sure you will get charged shipping on top after ordering too. If you want it pm me and I’ll send you info.
Hey Mike, I attempted to message you but I can’t seem to find the direct message icon. I’m not sure maybe I need to reach a specific post count. But if you could please message me when you see this. I’m really interested. Thank you!

I installed version A last week and while looking for a powered sub for a porsche i am restoring i found this

This sub looks identical to the hanssshow i just installed. Controls, connectors, design is all the same. I wounder if its just a chinese copy or what.

I am noticing a static/hissing from all speakers even when volume is zero. Penthouse ground is ok. Everything plays fine except when its absolutely silent there is a faint noise. Ideas? Maybe its always been there. Can you guys check yours ? Put volume to zero and listen carefully.

Thanks !

• Informative
Reactions: Audietron
I am noticing a static/hissing from all speakers even when volume is zero. Penthouse ground is ok. Everything plays fine except when its absolutely silent there is a faint noise. Ideas? Maybe its always been there. Can you guys check yours ? Put volume to zero and listen carefully.

Thanks !
I had it fitted professionally and have no issues whatsoever... I purchased DIY kit with 2 extra speakers.

In case anyone's interested, Hansshow have a 30% discount for Black Friday active already. I just ordered my Version F with the discount this morning. Use the discount code M3SUB at checkout.
You're welcome! :)
Screen Shot 2021-11-06 at 5.09.27 pm.png

In case anyone's interested, Hansshow have a 30% discount for Black Friday active already. I just ordered my Version F with the discount this morning. Use the discount code M3SUB at checkout.
You're welcome! :)
View attachment 729854

Looks like they raised their price for all versions. Not sure if they did this recently, or if they did it to make the discount seem more appealing than it actually is. I paid for Version F $1,099. I had also bought the DIY version before upgrading and I paid $80 for that.

• Informative
Reactions: Audietron