Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow Dashboard Touchscreen V2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

hydro 481

Sep 4, 2017
USA
Hansshow is taking pre-orders for version 2 of their dashboard touchscreen which is supposedly releasing in mid January.. They added features like Carplay and Android Auto. Looks like a well made product and I'm especially excited about it having Carplay. I'm still on the fence about it though due to the cost. Pricing is definitely on the high-end even after 25% off promo code ($525). Maybe we could do a group buy?

i1Tesla Youtube video:

Hansshow Product Page
Model 3, Y Center Console Dashboard Touch Screen

==========================

moderator note: please find a long term use review by @Mr. Big in this thread on post 95, which can be found here:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that having a second screen would be nice, but I do not see the point of having Android Auto / Apple Carplay. (Maybe I would be hated for saying this) Before my Y I was a hardcore user of Android Auto. It gave me music, maps, phone integration and voice commands. All of this is provided now by the Y. Granted, it is different, but the only thing that should be better on the Y is the text message and call integration. it only covers phone communications and ignore other form of communications like Teams Whatsapp, etc. In my case, I do not miss android auto at all.

I think that having a second screen would be nice, but I do not see the point of having Android Auto / Apple Carplay. (Maybe I would be hated for saying this) Before my Y I was a hardcore user of Android Auto. It gave me music, maps, phone integration and voice commands. All of this is provided now by the Y. Granted, it is different, but the only thing that should be better on the Y is the text message and call integration. it only covers phone communications and ignore other form of communications like Teams Whatsapp, etc. In my case, I do not miss android auto at all.
I like the idea of that display (though the Apple car play feature is not worth much to me) but it would need to cost about half the current price for me to be willing to pay for it

Reactions: lUtriaNt and TomT
Okay folks, I've gone ahead and pre-ordered the screen using their 25%-off code (Hansshow25) so you don't have to bother clicking any YouTube links if you decide to purchase. The total cost to me was $524 with free shipping and it's due to ship around January 20th. If for some reason it doesn't perform as advertised I will return it for a full refund (but shipping is on me.) I'll be posting here a totally unfiltered review starting from delivery, installation and real-world use to include screen responsiveness, reliability of both Bluetooth connections and overall integration into Tesla's ecosphere. As a bit of background I also own a 2017 Porsche 991.2 and purchased a wireless CarPlay Bluetooth dongle to integrate into Porsche's PCM system with varying results. There were many on the Rennlist forum who swore by the dongle and said it was perfect, but when I experienced glitches using certain functions the person would reply, "Oh, I never use that function so it doesn't make a difference to me." I don't have skin in the game so I won't have anything to hide and I will be as honest as I can be about its capabilities. I'll include photos when I can.

Here's the link to their website: Model 3, Y Center Console Dashboard Touch Screen

Okay folks, I've gone ahead and pre-ordered the screen using their 25%-off code (Hansshow25) so you don't have to bother clicking any YouTube links if you decide to purchase. The total cost to me was $524 with free shipping and it's due to ship around January 20th. If for some reason it doesn't perform as advertised I will return it for a full refund (but shipping is on me.) I'll be posting here a totally unfiltered review starting from delivery, installation and real-world use to include screen responsiveness, reliability of both Bluetooth connections and overall integration into Tesla's ecosphere. As a bit of background I also own a 2017 Porsche 991.2 and purchased a wireless CarPlay Bluetooth dongle to integrate into Porsche's PCM system with varying results. There were many on the Rennlist forum who swore by the dongle and said it was perfect, but when I experienced glitches using certain functions the person would reply, "Oh, I never use that function so it doesn't make a difference to me." I don't have skin in the game so I won't have anything to hide and I will be as honest as I can be about its capabilities. I'll include photos when I can.

Here's the link to their website: Model 3, Y Center Console Dashboard Touch Screen
Nice. Looking forward to your impressions.

Stupid

yr3gXiU.png

I would love to have a digital speedo in front of me. I came from a MODEL s and model X and the absence of a central cluster with a speedometer directly in my line of sight makes driving fast ridiculously hard, especially without any engine noise and gears!

Disclaimer: I also have a manual GT4 on the side.

I ended up doing this to solve my craving for a central speedo. Looked at the product in this thread and worry about build quality and decided to skip it.

A bit small, but better than nothing and a necessity anyway in other manners.

Attachments

• 20210106_125459.jpg
    20210106_125459.jpg
    335.8 KB · Views: 534
  • Disagree
Reactions: lUtriaNt