Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow Dashboard Touchscreen V2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Demo vid makes the unit look sluggish and not very touch responsive. I will wait for a better review before buying.
It looks decently responsive. Similar to a low end Android tablet. Some of the apps took a little bit to load. I don't think it'll be a big issue since you won't be using this thing to surf the net or type messages.

That’s one of my favorite features because no other car other than the model Y can you even get a vehicle to do this. it always comes from the side even if you have it blow towards your face it’s not directly from right in front of you.
Not sure I follow what you're saying. Most cars you can adjust the vents to have the air blow in your face. Unless you're talking about the air coming in at a specific angle?

The vents on 3/Y are just big slot on front, controlled by a vertical one(beautiful elegant design imo). The way the screen seem to be placed, it will alter or even prevent air flow to the driver. of course, we wont know more until someone test it. it could be a big issue or not.

In conventional car AC systems if I want more are to blow on the driver's side, I'll close the vents on the passenger's side. I'm curious to see if the Model 3's vent is blocked by an object, such as the new touch screen, will the air be more forceful in the unblocked areas? It's true that air will no longer flow directly into the driver's face, but will it have a negative overall effect?

Last edited:
In conventional car AC systems if I want more are to blow on the driver's side, I'll close the vents on the passenger's side. I'm curious to see if the Model 3's vent is blocked by an object, such as the new touch screen, will the air be more forceful in the unblocked areas? It's true that air will no longer flow directly into the driver's face, but will it have a negative overall effect?
It wouldn't make a difference as far as overall cabin temperature so it's not a big issue IMO.

• Disagree
Reactions: lUtriaNt
Okay folks, I've gone ahead and pre-ordered the screen using their 25%-off code (Hansshow25) so you don't have to bother clicking any YouTube links if you decide to purchase. The total cost to me was $524 with free shipping and it's due to ship around January 20th. If for some reason it doesn't perform as advertised I will return it for a full refund (but shipping is on me.) I'll be posting here a totally unfiltered review starting from delivery, installation and real-world use to include screen responsiveness, reliability of both Bluetooth connections and overall integration into Tesla's ecosphere. As a bit of background I also own a 2017 Porsche 991.2 and purchased a wireless CarPlay Bluetooth dongle to integrate into Porsche's PCM system with varying results. There were many on the Rennlist forum who swore by the dongle and said it was perfect, but when I experienced glitches using certain functions the person would reply, "Oh, I never use that function so it doesn't make a difference to me." I don't have skin in the game so I won't have anything to hide and I will be as honest as I can be about its capabilities. I'll include photos when I can.

Here's the link to their website: Model 3, Y Center Console Dashboard Touch Screen
Did you confirm with them that it'll ship this month?

I got initial confirmation when I made the order and don't expect to hear anything until their expected delivery on or near the 20th of this month.
Well hopefully it's on time. Although I wouldn't be surprised if it's delayed since it's coming from China and with the Covid situation. I've been going back and forth about placing a pre-order but I'll probably wait for reviews from you and others. I'm primarily interested in the wireless Carplay feature and how well it works. You mentioned previously using a wireless dongle. Did you have any stability or other issues?

(moderator note: Good grief, knock it off.... I am very close to putting some people either on probation or a temporary ban. Consider this a general warning)

EDIT: comment is in relation to several posts that moderators have moved, to explain why this comment is sitting here without any posts looking out of place / offensive.

Last edited:
You mentioned previously using a wireless dongle. Did you have any stability or other issues?
That dongle was for my Porsche and had nothing to do with Tesla. My point was people's perception of what's perfect is far different than reality. FWIW the dongle would not reliably connect and when it did functions like hands-free phone would kick in interrupting the music, but when I hung up the music would not continue and other weird little bugs.

• Informative
Reactions: hydro 481
That dongle was for my Porsche and had nothing to do with Tesla. My point was people's perception of what's perfect is far different than reality. FWIW the dongle would not reliably connect and when it did functions like hands-free phone would kick in interrupting the music, but when I hung up the music would not continue and other weird little bugs.
I'm just skeptical of wireless Carplay in general I guess. Oh well guess I'll wait and see.

I'm just skeptical of wireless Carplay in general I guess. Oh well guess I'll wait and see.

I have wireless carplay in my wifes X3. I think BMW is one of the only car manufacturers to currently offer carplay wireless (non tethered) natively from the manufacturer. With that being said, I dont like carplay in general, so in her car we use the BMW iDrive interface, mostly because we are used to it after close to 15 years of being "team bmw".

In BMWs implementation, its not much different than wired carplay, just that you have to buy the feature (cause BMW makes you buy a bunch of packages, not as bad as porsche but close). Wireless carplay on her X3 came with purchasing the integrated wireless charging, which I wanted.

Anyway, it works ok in there if you like carplay but I prefer iDrive on BMWs interface so we dont use carplay there.

• Informative
Reactions: hydro 481
I have wireless carplay in my wifes X3. I think BMW is one of the only car manufacturers to currently offer carplay wireless (non tethered) natively from the manufacturer. With that being said, I dont like carplay in general, so in her car we use the BMW iDrive interface, mostly because we are used to it after close to 15 years of being "team bmw".

In BMWs implementation, its not much different than wired carplay, just that you have to buy the feature (cause BMW makes you buy a bunch of packages, not as bad as porsche but close). Wireless carplay on her X3 came with purchasing the integrated wireless charging, which I wanted.

Anyway, it works ok in there if you like carplay but I prefer iDrive on BMWs interface so we dont use carplay there.
Does it take a while to connect the phone to the car? I've seen with some aftermarket wireless Carplay dongles it can take up to a minute to establish a connection.

The standard Carplay doesn't interest me much but with a jailbroken iPhone you can run almost any app on it so it's much better.