Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow frunk kick sensor install problem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I installed the Hansshow power frunk over a month ago & it works fine
Problem is the kick sensor - when it was first installed the small black control module box made a clicking noise but nothing happened. Hansshow sent another module & nothing happens (& I can’t hear any clicking)
Any suggestions on troubleshooting (prior to ringing them)?

Could it be how I wired the ‘OUT’ to the tow point metal plate?
Maybe I didn’t crimp the hook terminal to the positive wire properly?

(My Hansshow trunk also had problems where it would only open but not close, but they sent new wiring looms & I finished the install with kick sensor yesterday & it works fine)

Sorted it out. Hooked the OUT wire to the negative tow point cable terminal instead of the red marked positive cable terminal

Working properly, but I noticed that it doesn’t work when the charge cable is connected
I wonder if the car reduces 12v power draw when the charge cable is connected

Sorted it out. Hooked the OUT wire to the negative tow point cable terminal instead of the red marked positive cable terminal

Working properly, but I noticed that it doesn’t work when the charge cable is connected
I wonder if the car reduces 12v power draw when the charge cable is connected
Hi I installed the kick sensor on my model Y but it's not working. What Out wire to negative tow point terminal are you referring to? Everything is connected according to hannshows instructions right now.

Hi I installed the kick sensor on my model Y but it's not working. What Out wire to negative tow point terminal are you referring to? Everything is connected according to hannshows instructions right now.
From memory there is a positive & negative point on the tow point, so need to make sure your connected correctly
Your kick sensor ‘control box’ may also be a dud

There is literally no way for the frunk module to know when the charge cable is plugged in. HansShow likes to make up things to get customers to shut up.
There is no reason for the frunk to not work when the charge cable is plugged in.

Safety feature? Why would opening the frunk electrically be any different than moving the electric seats back and forward? Sounds like a 'keep customer quiet' routine to me.

IIRC, Frunk kick sensor wont work unless the car is unlocked completely, even if you have your phone key with you. It's a limitation of how the frunk works, I believe. So you have to either have to use the app to open the powered frunk or unlock your car/open a door before using the kick sensor. I got my frunk kick sensor free, but I wouldn't have paid for it separately.

IIRC, Frunk kick sensor wont work unless the car is unlocked completely, even if you have your phone key with you. It's a limitation of how the frunk works, I believe. So you have to either have to use the app to open the powered frunk or unlock your car/open a door before using the kick sensor. I got my frunk kick sensor free, but I wouldn't have paid for it separately.
Yeah, it’s a bit annoying because the frunk is better for holding shopping. So sort of useless if your arms are full. But as mentioned I was advised it’s only the case when the charge cable is connected