Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow HUD/Carplay/Android Auto solution

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla doesn't have A-Auto and Carplay integration, too bad. AAuto and Carplay are much more useful than tesla's interface, and I can use 3rd party navigation, such as Waze.

The first question is, if I install any aftermarket instrument cluster (wired solution), will that void my warranty?

I am looking at hansshow 9" display. Seems it is the best so far.

Anyone has this installed (especially the newer version)? Does the audio (music, navigation, phone etc) comes from the internal speaker of the unit, or from tesla's speakers?

The followings are similar options but they are not exactly what I wanted.

1. Teslogic - Use the phone or tablet as display, I want a fixed solution.

2. Tsportline - no AAuto / carplay.

3. Raspberry Pi based - No physical display, uses tesla's browser

Thanks

Reactions: Daekwan
I have the Hansshow screen and really like it. I published an install video to my Youtube channel and I'm currently working on my review video. My wife actually wants me to install one in her Model 3 (harder to do than on my Model Y due to hers being the Intel Atom processor and where the I need to plug in the harness). The audio usually defaults to the Hansshow speaker. But if I use the left scroll wheel on the steering wheel to pause the music, then press it again to play, it then comes out of the car speakers. Or, you can just manually choose the car speakers as the bluetooth output in your phone each time you get in the car.

Not a plug for the channel, but if you want to watch the install video, search Youtube for the channel MITeslaGuy.

I have the newer 9” version. It’s great for CarPlay (I can’t comment on Android Auto) and the instrumentation (speed, gear, regen, etc.) work well. That said, the HUD routes calls and messages through its crappy internal speaker which then puts the music through the internal speakers, all of which is awful. There’s a workaround you can do but it’s onerous. If you don’t make a lot of calls, the instrument cluster is definitely worthwhile. If you do, I wouldn’t recommend it.

I have the Hansshow screen and really like it. I published an install video to my Youtube channel and I'm currently working on my review video. My wife actually wants me to install one in her Model 3 (harder to do than on my Model Y due to hers being the Intel Atom processor and where the I need to plug in the harness). The audio usually defaults to the Hansshow speaker. But if I use the left scroll wheel on the steering wheel to pause the music, then press it again to play, it then comes out of the car speakers. Or, you can just manually choose the car speakers as the bluetooth output in your phone each time you get in the car.

Not a plug for the channel, but if you want to watch the install video, search Youtube for the channel MITeslaGuy.
Thanks I will take a look.

I have the newer 9” version. It’s great for CarPlay (I can’t comment on Android Auto) and the instrumentation (speed, gear, regen, etc.) work well. That said, the HUD routes calls and messages through its crappy internal speaker which then puts the music through the internal speakers, all of which is awful. There’s a workaround you can do but it’s onerous. If you don’t make a lot of calls, the instrument cluster is definitely worthwhile. If you do, I wouldn’t recommend it.
Thanks for the information.

My concern about the Hansshow 9" display is the echo while on the phone. The Hansshow steering column instrument cluster could be a possibility. The instrument cluster by T Sportline seems to be an option, but ut does not have Car Play.

Here is how I use my 9” linux hansshow and avoid echo / lag in voice calls. i Really like it. My call audio comes over car’s stereo & I use the phone microphone (good noise cancelling). Nav and Siri audio come from consol’s speaker which is good enough. There are other ways to configure audio too.

And the below. Yeah the preview makes it seem as if content is same but they differ.

Reactions: Pacernow
I have the Hansshow screen and really like it.
+1

I’ve had mine for 1-1/2 years now and I haven’t had any issues with either Tesla updates, Tesla service or warranty repairs. I don’t use the display to make calls or listen to music, so I don’t see issues like “echo when making calls”.

I’m a light weight user. I just use the display for speed and state of charge. I didn’t like having to look towards the Tesla center screen to see how fast I’m going. Installing the driver display to me was a safety improvement. Tesla puts a driver display in the X and S but not the 3 and Y, which makes the 3 and Y less safe (in my opinion).

Last edited:
Reactions: Pacernow
Have you guys ever confirmed with tesla that it will not affect warranty? or you just assumed it won't? Thanks
I have not confirmed it. It's relatively easy to uninstall, so I would just do that if I was concerned about it. I just had some work done on my car last week at a service center. The only thing they said about the screen is that they thought it was cool LOL. To be fair, the work was being done to a seat - nothing software related. But I would have expected them to mention something like, "you may want to uninstall that because we can't do warranty work with it installed", if it was a problem. Instead, they wanted to see how it worked.

Reactions: ElectricAnt54
My only concern about these aftermarket integration devices is that what if Tesla makes an update and then the device stops working? Will these companies continue to support their products (same model) indefinitely?
I purchased a non Hansshow 9” linux version on Globalsolutions less than a year ago. With the latest FSD beta update 10.69.2.3, my display doesn’t power on anymore despite replugging the wires and battery. For reference, I have a 2018 Model 3 P with Intel atom chip.

• Informative
Reactions: bobbyjae
I purchased a non Hansshow 9” linux version on Globalsolutions less than a year ago. With the latest FSD beta update 10.69.2.3, my display doesn’t power on anymore despite replugging the wires and battery. For reference, I have a 2018 Model 3 P with Intel atom chip.
For ppl seeing the above quoted message. Always buy from a known reseller and not the many unknown companies. I’d only go with hansshow or verkoppa as They are pretty good service wise. Basically if you can’t find a webpage offering support, I’d stay away from that purchase. for Example when tesla firmware 2022.28.X made console display bright lights as always on, hansshow had an console update mcu v0.3.13 a month later which corrected issue.

Have you guys ever confirmed with tesla that it will not affect warranty? or you just assumed it won't? Thanks
In USA, it won’t void entire car warranty. For example if electric motor goes bad. Tesla would need to prove that something in the console could cause a malfunction. The console reads data From the outgoing signals cable from the car computer (read only), draws power from the low voltage battery and is a Bluetooth audio source. Pretty harmless and cant Issue commands to the computer. If anything if your 12v battery stopped accepting recharge cycles early, Tesla would say the console and other devices caused car to recharge 12v battery more often thus causing it to be replaced earlier than expected. Which opens up the possibility of switching to third party lithium ion battery for older cars.
But yea, it is possible to remove the console prior to taking car in for servicing if desired. Not a 5 minute task though. More like 15-30 minutes.

Reactions: lawmangr