Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow HUD/Carplay/Android Auto solution

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I resolved the issue with the apple car play, now it connects instantaneously. (turns out it uses a wifi hotspot to connect instead of Bluetooth, although the instructions are to pair to BT...) The hansshow screen pairs to the tesla main screen via Bluetooth and all audio from carplay comes out the regular tesla speakers. I will have to try the Android Auto later today.
Thanks, so before you connect to it, you will have turn on your phone's hotspot?
Good to know it works with latest firmware :) Cannot wait to see the AA result :)
Thanks again!

I just ordered the new 10.25" Android Hansshow unit, since the current Shiva price discount brought it down to $519. (Check Shiva's videos on YouTube). I'm not concerned with the slight increase in installation work to run the camera wire to the front of the car, as the front camera is a nice feature of this unit which will make me less nervous when approaching a front curb during parking. I'm not clear why the unit needs a GPS antenna, as I thought it could piggy-back off the phone, but no big deal.

Reactions: ThatMike
I had mine for about a week now. Here’s my random thoughts. It works okay so far. The high resolution of the 10.25 looks great. 4G connection works good. I was able to use Spotify and YouTube on it without tethering it to my phone. The GPS takes awhile to lock a location. Installation was a bit of a headache since the paper instruction was useless and the “engineer” tech support on WhatsApp had no idea how to properly install this thing. I have a Model 3P Intel version. The harness for this version requires a separate red and black wire that I needed to connect to the 12V battery in the frunk. This supposedly is for the instant on function. Also you can change the graphic interfaces with 3 built in presets. One of them looked really cool that had an an every usage graph. But apparently it’s just a static picture. Very disappointing. CarPlay works just as good as the Linux 9” display. You can still side load android apps. On the negative side, my harness is defective since I don’t see my turn signals, hazards, or high beam, on the display. Tech support is sending me a new harness that I had to pay $51 for “shipping”. There is still an audio delay with Bluetooth. However, there is an option to mess with the Bluetooth delay to minimize it. There is no dedicated speaker on this unit as it solely relies on Bluetooth connection. It comes with voice assist commands like Siri but it’s in Chinese. However Siri works well on CarPlay.

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricAnt54
Sorry but this unit is a no go for me. There are too many problems that I’ve read about. Also, not having a reliable go to for support just doesn’t sit well with me and this isn’t the first time I’m hearing this. If you sell a product you must understand how it works.

Sorry but this unit is a no go for me. There are too many issues that I’ve read about. Also, not having a reliable go to for support just doesn’t sit well with me and this isn’t the first time I’m hearing this. If you sell a product you must understand how it works.
@jerome8283 you might like the tesla-android route. I use it. Open source solution with a community of helpful people. The thread is below.

Reactions: jerome8283
I had mine for about a week now. Here’s my random thoughts. It works okay so far. The high resolution of the 10.25 looks great. 4G connection works good. I was able to use Spotify and YouTube on it without tethering it to my phone. The GPS takes awhile to lock a location. Installation was a bit of a headache since the paper instruction was useless and the “engineer” tech support on WhatsApp had no idea how to properly install this thing. I have a Model 3P Intel version. The harness for this version requires a separate red and black wire that I needed to connect to the 12V battery in the frunk. This supposedly is for the instant on function. Also you can change the graphic interfaces with 3 built in presets. One of them looked really cool that had an an every usage graph. But apparently it’s just a static picture. Very disappointing. CarPlay works just as good as the Linux 9” display. You can still side load android apps. On the negative side, my harness is defective since I don’t see my turn signals, hazards, or high beam, on the display. Tech support is sending me a new harness that I had to pay $51 for “shipping”. There is still an audio delay with Bluetooth. However, there is an option to mess with the Bluetooth delay to minimize it. There is no dedicated speaker on this unit as it solely relies on Bluetooth connection. It comes with voice assist commands like Siri but it’s in Chinese. However Siri works well on CarPlay.
Thanks for the review. For the cool interface, were you referring to the one with map in the background?

I totally agree. I wanted to give it a try. Surprisingly the turning signals, hazards, etc started to work after I installed the latest Tesla update 2022.36.20. So no it wasn’t a harness issue. Tech support was wrong. My new issue is after doing a factory reset, I lost my car model graphics. So I have a missing car on my display now.

Well looks like Hansshow pulled through. We were able to figure out my connection issues and restored the missing files via USB-C. Everything works as it should now. I was also missing some GPS navigation files after I did a factory restore. Tip: if you factory restore this display, do not click the box to delete the extra files as I did. Also, GPS navigation has an instant solid lock after restoring the missing files.

I previously had the 9" linux display which I mainly used for carplay, but I wanted more functionality. In my opinion, the main pro for getting the 10.25 Display is that it is allows me to sideload android apps which I can use spare 4g sim card for data instead of connecting it via hotspot to my mobile phone. I also installed the front camera, which was missing on the Linux display. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask!

Attachments

• display.jpg
    display.jpg
    269 KB · Views: 148
  • box.jpg
    box.jpg
    335.2 KB · Views: 105
I expect my 10.25" 4G display to arrive in the next week or 2, as it is ready to ship. I'm curious if the display can be suitably seen through the regular steering wheel. I'm not sure I want a yoke wheel, but if it is needed, I would want to take advantage of the current discounts.

I installed my unit, looks good, but I have a few issues...

the online instruction is not for this new unit, i think it is for the old version.

1. How to link my car to this display? I tried to link to this display's bluetooth from my car, it cannot connect, and if I try to make a call from my phone, the ring comes from car speaker for 2 seconds then back to the tiny speak of the display, and bluetooth is still not connected.

2. How to remove this floating car status icon? I turned it off in settings but it keep coming back:
1669451209934.png

1669451229301.png

3: Is there a way to auto connect phones (which had paired via bluetooth in the past) to this display when the driver enter the car? Right now, it always ask me to pair my phone to this display, even on my phone it shows bt is connected to this display. I had unpair, and reconnect.

4: Is it possible to make android auto full screen? I tried carplay, carplay looks 100 times better than AA...
1669451338998.png

Thanks!

Thanks for the info. In preparation for receiving my unit (currently "ready to ship") I have watched numerous YouTube videos of various installs, and it can be very difficult to determine what units are being discussed and the differences in wiring for each version, and for Atom vs Ryzen vehicles. Hansshow could do a lot better in identifying their numerous units more clearly to avoid some of the confusion, as well as providing better install instructions. It appears that their products are generally pretty good, but their confusing documentation seems to be a common complaint. I would appreciate it if you could provide the outside measurements of the 10.25" unit (width and height) so I can determine the visibility through my factory steering wheel.

Thanks for the info. In preparation for receiving my unit (currently "ready to ship") I have watched numerous YouTube videos of various installs, and it can be very difficult to determine what units are being discussed and the differences in wiring for each version, and for Atom vs Ryzen vehicles. Hansshow could do a lot better in identifying their numerous units more clearly to avoid some of the confusion, as well as providing better install instructions. It appears that their products are generally pretty good, but their confusing documentation seems to be a common complaint. I would appreciate it if you could provide the outside measurements of the 10.25" unit (width and height) so I can determine the visibility through my factory steering wheel.
4.5 by 10.25 inches

Reactions: Keninblaine