Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow HUD/Carplay/Android Auto solution

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I installed my unit, looks good, but I have a few issues...

the online instruction is not for this new unit, i think it is for the old version.

1. How to link my car to this display? I tried to link to this display's bluetooth from my car, it cannot connect, and if I try to make a call from my phone, the ring comes from car speaker for 2 seconds then back to the tiny speak of the display, and bluetooth is still not connected.

2. How to remove this floating car status icon? I turned it off in settings but it keep coming back:
View attachment 878400
View attachment 878401
3: Is there a way to auto connect phones (which had paired via bluetooth in the past) to this display when the driver enter the car? Right now, it always ask me to pair my phone to this display, even on my phone it shows bt is connected to this display. I had unpair, and reconnect.

4: Is it possible to make android auto full screen? I tried carplay, carplay looks 100 times better than AA...
View attachment 878402

Thanks!
1. Connect the Tesla Bluetooth to Tesla -Screen-BT-0BA3. Mobile phone should be connected to a0007_bt.

2. Seems like the floating car status is an Android Auto bug. I’m mainly using car play for this display with no issues. I own both an android and iPhone btw. The toggle to hide the floating status didn’t work with me too.

3. My display automatically connects without having to re-pair. Maybe try to upgrade the display software ota?

4. Fullscreen with AA seems limited in this display. I get the same results as you.

Reactions: ThatMike
1. Connect the Tesla Bluetooth to Tesla -Screen-BT-0BA3. Mobile phone should be connected to a0007_bt.

2. Seems like the floating car status is an Android Auto bug. I’m mainly using car play for this display with no issues. I own both an android and iPhone btw. The toggle to hide the floating status didn’t work with me too.

3. My display automatically connects without having to re-pair. Maybe try to upgrade the display software ota?

4. Fullscreen with AA seems limited in this display. I get the same results as you.
Never mind. Full screen on car play does the same floating car issue.

Reactions: ThatMike
Where are you guys mounting the GPS antenna? I'm thinking of sticking it upside down under the plastic frunk shroud right next to the windshield. The hood will be over it, but hopefully not cause issues. Sticking it sideways inside the dash end-cap, as shown in some videos, seems like a terrible place to receive sat signals. Also, for anyone with a Li-ion 12v battery, any recommendation for the best way to connect the Hansshow power lead to the positive terminal?

Thanks!

1. it works now. thanks!
3. Did you try ota update after you receive it?

It seems AA doesn't work well in this device. I started a chat with Hansshow on whatsapp, lets see if there is a solution.

Thanks!

Reactions: dvssolid
Where are you guys mounting the GPS antenna? I'm thinking of sticking it upside down under the plastic frunk shroud right next to the windshield. The hood will be over it, but hopefully not cause issues. Sticking it sideways inside the dash end-cap, as shown in some videos, seems like a terrible place to receive sat signals. Also, for anyone with a Li-ion 12v battery, any recommendation for the best way to connect the Hansshow power lead to the positive terminal?
I mounted the GPS on the side as shown some videos, and it works.
For positive terminal see below. Just screw the 10mm nut provided from hansshow.

1669594088626.png

Reactions: Keninblaine
Last edited:
Reactions: timeshifter
I mounted the GPS on the side as shown some videos, and it works.
For positive terminal see below. Just screw the 10mm nut provided from hansshow.

View attachment 878932
There is no threaded post for the Positive terminal on the Model 3, so the provided nut isn't useful. I drilled a hole in the terminal near the bottom and fastened power leads for Hansshow unit and power frunk kit.
Post1.jpg

I am having a connection issue, I did as you suggested above and it did not work, the only way I can get CarPlay to work is to connect it to Wi-Fi and AndroidAP_9231 and Model Y connected to Tesla BT. The problem is no sound ? any ideas how to get sound?

I am having a connection issue, I did as you suggested above and it did not work, the only way I can get CarPlay to work is to connect it to Wi-Fi and AndroidAP_9231 and Model Y connected to Tesla BT. The problem is no sound ? any ideas how to get sound?
I’m having similar sound issues, Tesla is connected to the 10.25” Hansshow screen BT-A1E0 and my phone and the Hansshow screen are connected via CarPlay which initially connects with BT and then switches to WiFi. Sometimes music audio comes through the speakers and sometimes there is no sound at all, with the phone the connection is even more unreliable although when it does connect with sound there is no noticeable lag as reported in other threads. Be interested if anyone has had similar issues and if you have a solution, I’ve been sending WhatsApp messages to Hansshow Aftercare and another Hansshow contact in the service department from an issue I had with auto presenting door handles, but had no reply.

Interested if anyone has installed this display in a right hand drive car? I think they are meant for left hand drive although it doesn’t mention this on the Hansshow website, my display is tilted in towards the centre by about 20 degrees instead of being straight as on all of the YouTube install videos that are available.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    527.7 KB · Views: 52
, with the phone the connection is even more unreliable although when it does connect with sound there is no noticeable lag as reported in other threads.
not sure what other threads you speak of. For hansshow 9” linux display we got rid of lag by connecting iphone Bluetooth to tesla , this shortens the audio chain. No phone to Hansshow to tesla Audio chain. The open source
tesla-android (uses android os) has no lag and again the phone Bluetooth is connected to tesla. Also all Siri voice & nav audio work fine. Unofficial help blog From a user. Reddit community.

Interested if anyone has installed this display in a right hand drive car? I think they are meant for left hand drive although it doesn’t mention this on the Hansshow website, my display is tilted in towards the centre by about 20 degrees instead of being straight as on all of the YouTube install videos that are available.
Looks to me like the Hansshow unit was designed for left hand drive cars, as the slight built-in tilt takes into account the curvature of the left end of the dashboard. For a RH drive car, the unit should have the opposite adjustment for the curvature at the right end. Since they don't provide a LH or RH option selection, it seems only one version is available. This is something Hansshow should clearly acknowledge on their site. But you'd think they could easily provide a RH drive version too. I would complain to Hansshow if I were in your situation.

I’m having similar sound issues, Tesla is connected to the 10.25” Hansshow screen BT-A1E0 and my phone and the Hansshow screen are connected via CarPlay which initially connects with BT and then switches to WiFi. Sometimes music audio comes through the speakers and sometimes there is no sound at all, with the phone the connection is even more unreliable although when it does connect with sound there is no noticeable lag as reported in other threads. Be interested if anyone has had similar issues and if you have a solution, I’ve been sending WhatsApp messages to Hansshow Aftercare and another Hansshow contact in the service department from an issue I had with auto presenting door handles, but had no reply.
I finally got it working, Reboot your iPhone and the car, let the CarPlay connect then connect to the Tesla app on your phone and your phone to the cars BT, now it works perfect... Hope this helps.

I finally got it working, Reboot your iPhone and the car, let the CarPlay connect then connect to the Tesla app on your phone and your phone to the cars BT, now it works perfect... Hope this helps.
Thanks, i tried it last night and after a couple of reboots of the Tesla and my phone and the screen and reconnecting CarPlay from scratch it worked, will just have to wait and see if it consistently connects.

I am looking into getting the hansshow 9inch display, and have been doing a bit of research. For those who have this, I've seen a few people mention that when they aren't even in the car/using the car. (IE. they are inside the house, outside near the car or in the garage near their car... basically anywhere in proximity of the car) their phone will auto connect to the device when answering phone calls, when playing music, etc.

Has anybody come across this issue at all?

I am looking into getting the hansshow 9inch display, and have been doing a bit of research. For those who have this, I've seen a few people mention that when they aren't even in the car/using the car. (IE. they are inside the house, outside near the car or in the garage near their car... basically anywhere in proximity of the car) their phone will auto connect to the device when answering phone calls, when playing music, etc.

Has anybody come across this issue at all?
I have found this to happen with my 10.25" 4G display. I can be on a phone call outside the car, and when I get close to the car, the sound transfers to the small speaker in my Hansshow unit even though I'm not in the car.

Reactions: SkunkApe