Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow kick sensor issues

TravelerinSF

Jan 24, 2021
Bay Area
I have a 2021 Performance Model Y. I installed the Hansshow kick sensor (in addition to the Tesla Offer Auto Frunk). My problem is that if I park the car, go into a supermarket and come back with groceries, when I kick under the rear bumper nothing happens (I presume the car has gone to sleep). If I open the trunk normally and then close it, the kick sensor works. Is this normal behavior? I’ve contacted Hansshow and received no response. Separately, I reached out to Tesla Offer to see if their kick sensor works when the car is asleep and Warren ignored my Whatsapp messages (so much for Tesla Offer’s superior technical support).

I’d like to know what others have experienced with the Hansshow and Tesla Offer kick sensors. Thanks.

2101Guy

Jan 6, 2020
USA
Admittedly this response won’t be directly helpful to your specific situation, however in this exact same scenario with the stats app and using my Apple watch I simply tell Siri to open my Frunk (or trunk) and boom..it opens. Every time.

smacker

Mar 21, 2021
Canada
I have the same issue and couple other locals I've asked have the same problem as well, whether with LR or Perf.
With the sensor installed, if the car goes to sleep, the trunk button doesn't work and of course then the kick sensor doesn't work either. Now that said, I experienced this issue couple of times prior to installing the kick sensor where the trunk button wouldn't work but the doors would. But with the sensor installed, if car is asleep then it never works.
Have you been able to find a solution?

Jiver

Dec 30, 2019
Colorado Springs
My experience has been that if the kick sensor does not work then the rear door latch will not work either. This is a function of the car going to sleep and not a function of the kick sensor. The same is true of the charge port. If the car is unlocked but asleep you cannot open the charge port by tapping it.

@EchoDelta assumption is likely correct. I notice this phenomenon at my house where Sentry Mode is disabled but not after a routine length shopping trip where Sentry Mode is enabled.

Reactions: EchoDelta

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC