Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow Model 3 Power Trunk v4 Not Opening or Closing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I could if I knew where the ECU was. I bought this car second hand and got this issue after the latest update so I havnt installed this product myself. I was hoping there would be some simple way to "reboot" it for example but I guess I gotta start digging around in my trunk.

There are also software updates you can do to the ecu module so I might give that a go as well if I have to dig up the ECU and find some update files
The ECU should be on the driver side, on bottom of the trunk. At least there I put mine when I installed it. Following the wire of the strut you should be able to find it.
I don't have any issue with 2024.x.x. 🤞

The ECU should be on the driver side, on bottom of the trunk. At least there I put mine when I installed it. Following the wire of the strut you should be able to find it.
I don't have any issue with 2024.x.x. 🤞
Very strange that it would just stop working. Every other method of interacting with the frunk works normally except the outer trunk button. Guess I gotta start pulling cables and see what happens

I could if I knew where the ECU was. I bought this car second hand and got this issue after the latest update so I havnt installed this product myself. I was hoping there would be some simple way to "reboot" it for example but I guess I gotta start digging around in my trunk.

There are also software updates you can do to the ecu module so I might give that a go as well if I have to dig up the ECU and find some update files
If its anything like the EVOffer stuff it will be installed in the boot/trunk of the car, likely on the right hand side, behind the fabric trim.

From memory I think Hansshow recommend wiring the 12v up to the penthouse underneath the rear seats. If it’s wired in there that would be a slightly easier location to disconnect power from.

I don’t think the Hansshow control box has an on/off switch, and either way reaching it would involve the same work as unplugging the power cable anyway.

These kits are great until you have problems, then the difference between an OEM solution that has to be warrantied for years and this start to become apparent.

If its anything like the EVOffer stuff it will be installed in the boot/trunk of the car, likely on the right hand side, behind the fabric trim.

From memory I think Hansshow recommend wiring the 12v up to the penthouse underneath the rear seats. If it’s wired in there that would be a slightly easier location to disconnect power from.

I don’t think the Hansshow control box has an on/off switch, and either way reaching it would involve the same work as unplugging the power cable anyway.

These kits are great until you have problems, then the difference between an OEM solution that has to be warrantied for years and this start to become apparent.
If I saw correctly, getting to the underside of the trunk carpet is a few plastic clips so I'll give that a go when im off work and see if disconnecting it helps. It is also possible that this new update changed the way the outter button communicates with it as it stopped working right after this update.