Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow Model 3 Power Trunk v4 Not Opening or Closing

LucaFPV

Aug 22, 2021
Italy
Hi, could i prevent the trunk opening when the car is in drive?
I have the power trunk v4 with CAN bus (metal box)
The v6 firmware can be installed on my box?
Thanks

Jan 20, 2020
Crawley
Hi, could i prevent the trunk opening when the car is in drive?
I have the power trunk v4 with CAN bus (metal box)
The v6 firmware can be installed on my box?
Thanks
On drive cannot be opened.
V6 with v4 hardware should be fine.
Because I have some issues with the trunk, Hansshow send me the v6

Jan 20, 2020
Crawley
Just checked and the trunk don't open in drive or neutral. On the screen show the message to "proceed with caution " and the animation of opening and closing the trunk.

LucaFPV

Aug 22, 2021
Italy
Just checked and the trunk don't open in drive or neutral. On the screen show the message to "proceed with caution " and the animation of opening and closing the trunk.
I tested that with my wife. I was sitting on the driver side with the car in D and my wife opened the trunk using the handle with the message procced with caution

Jul 13, 2021
Italy
Hi guys.

I installed today Hansshow power trunk v6. After 6 hours following this procedure, I found this thread about the 4 pin to be attached in the black box to make this thing work.
Now, I have 2 problems:

1) When the trunk is closing, the mechanism don't lock the trunk.. I have to manually press to close.

2) The app and the screen always show the trunk open and close sign... And when I leave the car, it doesn't lock automatically therefore. (I have to close manually via the app).
For this second problem I think I have to connect the canbus wire (I haven't connected it yet on purpose).

Can you please help me?

Thank you

Jan 20, 2020
Crawley
Th
Hi guys.

I installed today Hansshow power trunk v6. After 6 hours following this procedure, I found this thread about the 4 pin to be attached in the black box to make this thing work.
Now, I have 2 problems:

1) When the trunk is closing, the mechanism don't lock the trunk.. I have to manually press to close.

2) The app and the screen always show the trunk open and close sign... And when I leave the car, it doesn't lock automatically therefore. (I have to close manually via the app).
For this second problem I think I have to connect the canbus wire (I haven't connected it yet on purpose).

Can you please help me?

Thank you
The canbus wire should be the issue. Cerca di portare il cavo dal portabagagli passandolo sotto il banchetto posteriore e fai la prova ( e lui che comunica con macchina) . Sarà dura passarlo sotto il tappeto ma non impossibile.

Jul 13, 2021
Italy
Th

The canbus wire should be the issue. Cerca di portare il cavo dal portabagagli passandolo sotto il banchetto posteriore e fai la prova ( e lui che comunica con macchina) . Sarà dura passarlo sotto il tappeto ma non impossibile.
You are Italian? Anche io! ;)
Quindi ok, farò passare anche il canbus.. spero di riuscire a nasconderlo bene quel cavo...

Thanks!

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC