Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow Model 3 Power Trunk v4 Not Opening or Closing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, I received exactly the same version. Just installed today to the operational point, will replace all trim pieces tomorrow. Seems to operate opening and closing no issues. However, the instructions speak of the tuning options for opening strength and also the locking strength. It refers erroneously to a small black button on the control unit. This does not exist on this model. Anyone figure out the procedures? Hansshow is a no show in terms of support so far.

I’ll also publish a video soon showing some tips and tricks I learned for making install easier and cleaner.

Unfortunately the v6 firmware files didn't fix these issues.

I copied over the 2 .zbo files to an empty micro SD card, inserted into the black control box, and waited 1 minute. After removing the SD card I verified the following issues were still present:

- Unable to adjust the trunk speed beyond 3 beeps
- Not able to close Trunk from Tesla touchscreen after opening using trunk handle.

Screenshot_20201225-141844_WhatsApp.jpg

Here is my Dropbox link to the FW update if anyone interested:

Dropbox - Hansshow - Simplify your life

Hansshow instructions on adjustments. Very confusing, can anyone clarify?

Long press the button of the tailgate . When you hear "beep" for the first time, it is to adjust the height of the door opening. When you hear "beep" for the second time, it is the slowest speed of opening and closing the door. When you hear two consecutive "beep" for the middle speed of opening and closing the door, there will be a "beep" sound. If you choose the middle speed, after hearing this "beep" sound, release your hand, After 5 seconds, press the button of the tail door again to complete the adjustment of the opening and closing speed. The fastest way to open the door is to hear "beep" three times in a row. After that, there will be a "beep" sound. If you choose the middle speed, after hearing the "beep" sound, release your hand, and then press the tail door button five seconds later to complete the adjustment of the opening and closing speed.

What’s with these ridiculous version number bumps? v6 now? This time next year it’ll be like version 20 or something.

What’s more the differences between each version are, as far as I can tell, opaque. I would not feel confident buying v4 or whatever the latest version is this week when another version might come down the line that fixes problems like the above.

The fact the control box has gone from a metal one with diagnostic LEDs to a plastic one with nothing, with instructions that reference buttons that no longer exist, etc is disconcerting too.

What’s with these ridiculous version number bumps? v6 now? This time next year it’ll be like version 20 or something.

What’s more the differences between each version are, as far as I can tell, opaque. I would not feel confident buying v4 or whatever the latest version is this week when another version might come down the line that fixes problems like the above.

The fact the control box has gone from a metal one with diagnostic LEDs to a plastic one with nothing, with instructions that reference buttons that no longer exist, etc is disconcerting too.

You must be a Mac user... Windows users are used to this. LOL. My humor for today.

@TM3Matt Are you still having issues with your trunk?

I had my V4 in for 3 months and now is not opening or closing at all. I can power cycle it and it'll work for a day then stop, power cycle again and it stops working after a short drive. Reached out to their support, let's see what they say.

@TM3Matt Are you still having issues with your trunk?

I had my V4 in for 3 months and now is not opening or closing at all. I can power cycle it and it'll work for a day then stop, power cycle again and it stops working after a short drive. Reached out to their support, let's see what they say.

This thread here is about hannshow support : Problem with Hansshow Support

• Informative
Reactions: Petermcg
Hello guys, today my mechanic finished the installation but unfortunately it's not working proprely.
The trunk once it opens it self and it reach the max aperture it closes again, I have the V6 version with the kick, do you have any idea of what the problem can be?
Thanks a lot

Andrea

Hi all, I received exactly the same version. Just installed today to the operational point, will replace all trim pieces tomorrow. Seems to operate opening and closing no issues. However, the instructions speak of the tuning options for opening strength and also the locking strength. It refers erroneously to a small black button on the control unit. This does not exist on this model. Anyone figure out the procedures? Hansshow is a no show in terms of support so far.

I’ll also publish a video soon showing some tips and tricks I learned for making install easier and cleaner.
Did you get this figured out on how to adjust the close sensitivity?

I've had the Hanshow power frunk and trunk for about 6 months now. Recently, the trunk would pop but not open maybe 1 out of 10 times. Now, it won't open at all without a little help. By a little, I mean I can lift it with just a finger and it will motor up. Otherwise it just pops and then fails to open. I attached a video showing what it does. I tried adjusting the latch and the opening strength to no avail. I also tried contacting Hanshow but they still haven't gotten back to me. I did notice the left strut has a small amount of fluid coming out of it. Maybe the strut went bad? Has anyone had this issue? Or have any other ways of contacting Hanshow for support? I tried email and Whatsapp. Thanks!

I've had the Hanshow power frunk and trunk for about 6 months now. Recently, the trunk would pop but not open maybe 1 out of 10 times. Now, it won't open at all without a little help. By a little, I mean I can lift it with just a finger and it will motor up. Otherwise it just pops and then fails to open. I attached a video showing what it does. I tried adjusting the latch and the opening strength to no avail. I also tried contacting Hanshow but they still haven't gotten back to me. I did notice the left strut has a small amount of fluid coming out of it. Maybe the strut went bad? Has anyone had this issue? Or have any other ways of contacting Hanshow for support? I tried email and Whatsapp. Thanks!

Same......

I bought and installed by my self the v4. Was working fine for two months. After that coming to have the problem only when I try to open. Sometimes is open on the first attempt, Sometimes after many tries.
I would contact Hansshow immediately but for one reason or other the time is passed and I contacted when the situation coming to be worst. In mean time I installed the rear wing (not the original) and the response from Hansshow was "the reason is because the trunk now is too heavy ". I tried to tell that issue is come up far before to the rear wing be installed.
Send me the files to update to v6, but without solving the problem.
Strange is if I unplug the power and reconnect is working for a while.
If the trunk is too heavy should not open always or almost.
I make a video to show to Hansshow after sales and opening for 12 times (I think! ) failed 2 times...
any idea?
Because, Hansshow, seem to find the good excuse to give up... I should remove the spoiler... but it's a pain and for sure isn't the problem:
It's come up before to be installed, and should don't open at all or sometimes... but he exact opposite happens.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210717-104245_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20210717-104245_WhatsApp.jpg
    239 KB · Views: 153
Similar to the original post topic, I ran into a scenario where the Trunk fails to close when attempting to press the Close button on the Tesla Screen.

Has anyone else run into this issue?

Scenario: Open Trunk via new Tailgate button and Close using the Tesla Screen.

The Closed button is greyed out on the Tesla Screen and does not let you press close on the screen.

Specs:
  • 2020 Model 3 Performance-
  • Tesla Software v2020.44.25
  • Hansshow Power Trunk v4 (w/CAN Bus installed)
  • Hansshow Control Box (new black plastic box, firmware version: unknown)
Same issue. You need to put your foot on the brake then you will see that it’s no longer greyed out and works!

Similar to the original post topic, I ran into a scenario where the Trunk fails to close when attempting to press the Close button on the Tesla Screen.

Has anyone else run into this issue?

Scenario: Open Trunk via new Tailgate button and Close using the Tesla Screen.

The Closed button is greyed out on the Tesla Screen and does not let you press close on the screen.

Specs:
  • 2020 Model 3 Performance-
  • Tesla Software v2020.44.25
  • Hansshow Power Trunk v4 (w/CAN Bus installed)
  • Hansshow Control Box (new black plastic box, firmware version: unknown)
You need to put your foot on the brake. Then it will no longer be greyed out and you can close it from the screen.