Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow Power Frunk Trouble

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Brother, with all due respect, was it really that hard to lift your trunk manually? I put in $30 shocks with springs that do that trick. :)
Not hard at all to lift frunk manually, we live in a world of conveniences....so to be able to sit in the car, touch open frunk and the hood lift open, so your wife/gf can put stuffs in it, touch again to close or while carry boxes or whatever, fidget with your phone and open frunk with app, etc...come in handy during rain weather to be able to open frunk to put groceries before getting in car, etc...WORK GREAT WHEN IT WORKS

Hi,

Bit of a lengthy post but if anyone have any superior troubleshooting.....

Installed both power frunk and power trunk from Hansshow june 2020.
Frunk V3, Trunk V4. No kick sensors.

Everything worked fine until a few weeks ago. Now frunk is giving me trouble.

Not permanently, but happens from time to time. So a little worrying.

The frunk unlatches fine, but motor doesnt engage.
When closing the frunk the latch opens but
motor does not engage. Have to push the frunk down manually.

When using the debugging cable the frunk closes fine with the frunk button, and opens fine by itself after the wait.

I’ve been troubleshotting with Hansshow for several sessions but nothing really solves the issue.

- Checked cable connections
- Checked 12V and ground connection
- Set higher open/close strength
- Reset control box
- Software update control box
- Shorting control box with screwdriver
- Calibrating struts

My suspicion is either motor / motor cable
or control box is giving me the error.

Anyone have any insight on this ?
I'd like to know how you did all of these things! I can't get anyone from Hansshow to talk to me. I have a 2022 Model X and installed a v5 kit. It won't close enough to engage the "suction" . If I manually push it the last little bit, the suction pulls it down fine. It goes up ok too. Also, no matter what speed I select, it goes slow. Lastly the controller light blinks onstantly. Is that normal or is it trying to tell me something? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

My friend had 2 Hansshow Trunk kits and had multiple issues. Hansshow was reasonably responsive to provide some troubleshooting support (verbal) but when it came down to the point of requiring replacement hardware, communications completely stopped and this was for a kit that was less that a year old. Much of the verbal support was them looking for an installation error but it was confirmed installation was all correct. He ended up getting the EVOffer kit and all is good now.

@Mike 53072, if I had to guess maybe its a known issue for your kit that can only be resolved by hardware replacement. That being said, have you verified that the alignment of the 'hook' (the U attached to the frunk lid itself) falls dead center into the latch? If you haven't checked that you may want to check and it is easy to loosen, adjust, and retighten. Sorry, that's all I got for you.

While mine was installed and the 12v battery died, the emergency cable didn't release the trunk. Applying 12 volts to the two wires unlocked it. I promptly removed the system and went back to stock. This was just a couple weeks ago. I'm not adding anything to my car (anymore) that has to interconnect with the cars wiring. Just not worth the hassle you will/may get from Tesla Service.

I had been looking through hope it works.
Loud like with the latest latch motor, you need to pull that cable. Then use the 9v battery to release the truck. If that doesn’t work you may need to pull and hold it while doing the 9v battery trick.

Got mine installed. Looks like the strut starts pushing up before the secondary latch is unlocked. Sometimes it’s pushing so hard the secondary latch got stuck and can’t unlock.
Anyone has experience with that? Looks like a firmware update from hansshow would solve it. Wonder if anyone has that firmware.

Hi,

Bit of a lengthy post but if anyone have any superior troubleshooting.....

Installed both power frunk and power trunk from Hansshow june 2020.
Frunk V3, Trunk V4. No kick sensors.

Everything worked fine until a few weeks ago. Now frunk is giving me trouble.

Not permanently, but happens from time to time. So a little worrying.

The frunk unlatches fine, but motor doesnt engage.
When closing the frunk the latch opens but
motor does not engage. Have to push the frunk down manually.

When using the debugging cable the frunk closes fine with the frunk button, and opens fine by itself after the wait.

I’ve been troubleshotting with Hansshow for several sessions but nothing really solves the issue.

- Checked cable connections
- Checked 12V and ground connection
- Set higher open/close strength
- Reset control box
- Software update control box
- Shorting control box with screwdriver
- Calibrating struts

My suspicion is either motor / motor cable
or control box is giving me the error.

Anyone have any insight on this ?
how do you reset the control box ?