Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow Power frunk/trunk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anybody else have issues with the hannshow trunk? Have had mine in for 5 or 6 months now all the sudden it won’t close anymore. Removed the left strut and was able to close the trunk again. Wondering if anybody else have this issues?

Attachments

• 14A5AD3D-EAF5-4A54-B94C-2258A18E1D31.jpeg
    14A5AD3D-EAF5-4A54-B94C-2258A18E1D31.jpeg
    303.3 KB · Views: 139
How about telling us so we don’t have to watch the video.....or provide a link.....no time.

Ski
Umm not sure how much clearer I needed to be?
The frunk yes watch my video on how to do it.

the trunk no

I linked to my video which will link you to the product for the upgrade and I offered the 15% off.

sorry if it was not clear, but I thought I was to the point. maybe my texting is bad lol

• Disagree
Reactions: Skione65
I’m not sure how much clearer I have to be. I don’t want to watch your video. I understood what you said just fine. But I have an issue with trolling these you tuber/influencer vids on these forums for so called “CLICKS”. It’s clickbait plain and simple. People are exhausted from it. I’m exhausted from it. If you truly want to help this forum and it’s members provide a succinct link to your so called valuable information directly....so we don’t have to waste OUR time giving you precious “views” and “clicks” having to weed through your video to garner said information.
Moving on.

Ski

• Disagree
Reactions: Trevlan006
I’m not sure how much clearer I have to be. I don’t want to watch your video. I understood what you said just fine. But I have an issue with trolling these you tuber/influencer vids on these forums for so called “CLICKS”. It’s clickbait plain and simple. People are exhausted from it. I’m exhausted from it. If you truly want to help this forum and it’s members provide a succinct link to your so called valuable information directly....so we don’t have to waste OUR time giving you precious “views” and “clicks” having to weed through your video to garner said information.
Moving on.

Ski
Damn you catch me. Shame on me.
Damn damn I tried to hard to get your 1 view and I didn’t get it. I will now go and cry.

take care and stay safe. Oh and smile more, life sucks right now but it is a lot worse for others.

Be well.
Mark

• Funny
Reactions: bxr140
Anybody else have issues with the hannshow trunk? Have had mine in for 5 or 6 months now all the sudden it won’t close anymore. Removed the left strut and was able to close the trunk again. Wondering if anybody else have this issues?
Did you try the reset?
You have to get to the main brain to do that.

let me know if you still have an issue and I can try to walk you through it.

Sorry to bring this up again, i didn’t click the link, but wanted to make sure you understood my question. Maybe i just didn’t get the answer. But i have the V2 version, i think. I bought it fall 2019, so whatever version that is. I have the trunk which you can use the 3’s touch screen to open and close but it cannot ever show that it’s open... and i have the frunk that DOES show when it’s open or closed, but you can only close it from the phone, but open it from both phone and screen.

So i was wondering if you can update the firmware to show the trunk properly like it does for the frunk, and/or to be able to open and close the frunk from the screen.

Sorry to bring this up again, i didn’t click the link, but wanted to make sure you understood my question. Maybe i just didn’t get the answer. But i have the V2 version, i think. I bought it fall 2019, so whatever version that is. I have the trunk which you can use the 3’s touch screen to open and close but it cannot ever show that it’s open... and i have the frunk that DOES show when it’s open or closed, but you can only close it from the phone, but open it from both phone and screen.

So i was wondering if you can update the firmware to show the trunk properly like it does for the frunk, and/or to be able to open and close the frunk from the screen.
The Trunk nothing can be done , at this moment. Who knows maybe in the future.

the Frunk, yes but not via software. The link to my video will show you what you need and how to install it. (Not how to install the Frunk kit) this is just for the “updated part” which you need to buy. in the video description you will find the link and a discount code. Grab that part and let me know if you have any questions on the install.

For anyone looking to automate their trunk on their model 3, please stay away from Hansshow products. I bought the version 4 kit in January 2021 when it was on sale for about $400. The kit arrived and I got it installed. During the initial 3 weeks the product worked as it should. Then I started noticing the issues. The trunk would take a few presses to open sometimes. So I decided to reset the control box. It fixed the issue for a moment. Then the trunk would open and close right back. Sometimes it would open and wouldn’t close. Sometimes it would start closing and get stuck in the middle. Then to top it off, the control box kept beeping while I was driving for 30 minutes, and then 30 minutes after I would leave the car. After trying some at home fixes I contacted Hansshow. At first they seemed helpful, they started sending over software updates that they told me to perform on the control box. I would do those and sure enough the problem would not go away. After about 4 attempts with the updates I asked for a different solution. Then they sent me new struts and a new control box, I got those installed but the problem was still there. They kept asking for more and more videos of the same problem. This went on for months

After some time I simply got so frustrated of having a dysfunctional trunk that I asked them for my money back. I was ready to go back to stock. Well guess what, they just wanted me to try more parts and updates. After months of trouble shooting I didn’t want to deal with anymore failed attempts and politely asked for my money back. Of course they would not budge. Eventually they agreed to give me 80% of my money back. After a lengthy back and forth I was happy to even get that. Then….. they just ghosted me.

And that’s not all, they started contacting me from different numbers trying to restart the entire conversation over again, to buy more time I guess. They even had a Indian guy contact me speaking in Hindi, as if that would change my mind. Isn’t that some type of racial profiling??

Basically they will exhaust you so you’re just happy to be left alone and forget about your refund.

I party blame myself because I should have listened to the TeslaFrugalguys review and shouldn’t have bought it in the get-go. Look up his video on youtube before you buy.

If you have questions or need proof of the pointless conversations I had with them, DM me.

You really expected to get a full refund after it was installed? I get your frustration but I don't know of too many companies that would give a full refund for a product that has such an entailed install process. If the kit was unopened then I'm sure you'd get all your money back. Honestly, I would have just let them help you keep trying to fix it because there are way more people completely satisfied with this product. I bought mine late last year and just haven't gotten around to installing it yet, hopefully I won't have any issues. But none of the YouTubers that I follow, who have installed it haven had any issue with the kit.