Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow Power Frunk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've emailed the company - no response. Placed an order but be sure to use the link in the LivingTech YouTube or it won't work.

Any ideas how long it took to arrive? Is it coming from China? Is there a safety thing that prevents it from opening if not in Park?

Thanks in advance.

Order directly from Hansshow Tesla model S Power Frunk (2016+ model) | Hansshow and use the code russtesla for 15% off.

It took 2 weeks to receive mine and that was the first week of December.

The car's built-in safety features control when the frunk opens.

Reactions: KArnold
Order directly from Hansshow Tesla model S Power Frunk (2016+ model) | Hansshow and use the code russtesla for 15% off.

It took 2 weeks to receive mine and that was the first week of December.

The car's built-in safety features control when the frunk opens.

Hansshow has increased the discount to 20% off.
The code "russtesla" will work on all of their Tesla accessories for the S 3 X & Y.

How
Hi everyone I currently just installed the power frunk mod on my Model S. If anyone is in LA and would like it done let me know. It was a bit of a pain to get it done as I was unable to find a good install video. However I like the power option. This is how the car should come from the factory if I'm being honest. Hit me up if there are questions or if you want more information on the install process. I'm currently not working so I can help do the install if you all need it.
How can I contact you please ?

My power frunk was DOA - blows the fuse with nothing else plugged in. After a week talking about it in WhatsApp, we do a FaceTime. They agree and said they will ship a replacement. That was over a week ago and despite asking several times, I don't have a new shipping number.

Starting to get concerned...

• Informative
Reactions: ragedogg69
Hi everyone I currently just installed the power frunk mod on my Model S. If anyone is in LA and would like it done let me know. It was a bit of a pain to get it done as I was unable to find a good install video. However I like the power option. This is how the car should come from the factory if I'm being honest. Hit me up if there are questions or if you want more information on the install process. I'm currently not working so I can help do the install if you all need it.
Hey bud, I got my order yesterday and was able to successfully install it after struggling with the 10mm screws on the suction block unit for awhile.

Now, I didn't take any before pictures, but I feel like my hood isn't closing down/as flush as it was previously. Today I tried to adjust that block by moving it down as low as it would go (and in the process dropped the flat 10mm wrench I have...) but the hood still looks a little elevated. Can you post a close up picture of your hood and front to indicate gap?

Also, any recommendation on 10mm wrench? That space is so tiny and so impossible to get to, it's basically the only thing difficult about the install.

Hey bud, I got my order yesterday and was able to successfully install it after struggling with the 10mm screws on the suction block unit for awhile.

Now, I didn't take any before pictures, but I feel like my hood isn't closing down/as flush as it was previously. Today I tried to adjust that block by moving it down as low as it would go (and in the process dropped the flat 10mm wrench I have...) but the hood still looks a little elevated. Can you post a close up picture of your hood and front to indicate gap?

Also, any recommendation on 10mm wrench? That space is so tiny and so impossible to get to, it's basically the only thing difficult about the install.
If it's a thickness issue you can grind down a wrench to fit. This is why I keep some of my crappy tool sets around even after I've upgraded them. I often find myself "making" tools out of them as I need them. I've made a few thin wrenches or shallow sockets over the years that have made tasks easier. Not sure what your tool situation is but if you've got a box of old tools try to find a 10mm wrench to grind down to proper thickness. I haven't done this install so I'm only guessing here but if that's the issue you may find it helpful.

I had RPM Tesla Accessories install the trunk version on my wife's Model 3.....worked fine for 5 days and now is intermittent.....sometimes it won't open but shows open on the screen....neither the app, screen or iPhone will get it open....I went back and asked them to check it out and was told "oh yea, we have some report of this and they said there is a known issue and they are working on fix....if it does not come in next week or two, I am going to have them remove it....my wife loves it but needs access to trunk all the time and puts her purse there....if she can't use any method to unlock, she has no access...

If it's a thickness issue you can grind down a wrench to fit. This is why I keep some of my crappy tool sets around even after I've upgraded them. I often find myself "making" tools out of them as I need them. I've made a few thin wrenches or shallow sockets over the years that have made tasks easier. Not sure what your tool situation is but if you've got a box of old tools try to find a 10mm wrench to grind down to proper thickness. I haven't done this install so I'm only guessing here but if that's the issue you may find it helpful.

I unfortunately don't have any tool to use to grind. I am actually kind of surprised by how expensive these wrenches are when I was looking at them on Amazon last night...

I unfortunately don't have any tool to use to grind. I am actually kind of surprised by how expensive these wrenches are when I was looking at them on Amazon last night...
If you were closer I've got a box full of orphaned wrenches and sockets I'm filling up as I'm doing a massive clean-out of our garage to clear space for a home gym. I'm keeping my good matched sets of these items and the rest of the randoms I'm finding in old tool boxes and parts bins are going into a gigantic box. I'm not lying when I say I've probably got 50lbs worth and climbing. I'm pretty sure that, left alone in boxes near each other, they reproduce. lol

You can always check CL for an extra wrench from someone like me who has a 50lb box full of stuff he's just going to post up for cheap and then find an angle grinder on there too while you're at it. Worst case scenario Harbor Freight will sell you a brand new one with a grinding wheel for $10 or so.

Back on topic, this surprises me as someone who will eventually be interested in these kits at about half the price that this much effort is required for basic installation. Perhaps the seller of the product can chime in on this?

If you were closer I've got a box full of orphaned wrenches and sockets I'm filling up as I'm doing a massive clean-out of our garage to clear space for a home gym. I'm keeping my good matched sets of these items and the rest of the randoms I'm finding in old tool boxes and parts bins are going into a gigantic box. I'm not lying when I say I've probably got 50lbs worth and climbing. I'm pretty sure that, left alone in boxes near each other, they reproduce. lol

You can always check CL for an extra wrench from someone like me who has a 50lb box full of stuff he's just going to post up for cheap and then find an angle grinder on there too while you're at it. Worst case scenario Harbor Freight will sell you a brand new one with a grinding wheel for $10 or so.

Back on topic, this surprises me as someone who will eventually be interested in these kits at about half the price that this much effort is required for basic installation. Perhaps the seller of the product can chime in on this?

This isn’t the product’s fault by any means. It’s how the facelifted car’s have the parts installed. From the installation video, it’s pretty clear that on the pre-facelift, there’s a lot more space to wedge in a wrench to screw and unscrew. The facelift’s opening is maybe half that, which is why just getting those two 10mm screws out actually took up most of the installation time for me.

Im not sure which space you’re referring to. But when in need of cheap tools...

upload_2020-8-4_17-41-27.jpeg

Metric Flex-Head Combination Ratcheting Wrench Set, 5 Pc.

With a coupon it should be under $20 for the set.

Guys - finally got replacement controller for the DOA unit originally sent. Working fine except it doesn't completely latch going down - stops about 1/2" too high. Latch is centered and I can manually push down to latch.

Thoughts on what to adjust to make it go lower?

Thank you.

• Informative
Reactions: Gixx1300R
Guys - finally got replacement controller for the DOA unit originally sent. Working fine except it doesn't completely latch going down - stops about 1/2" too high. Latch is centered and I can manually push down to latch.

Thoughts on what to adjust to make it go lower?

Thank you.

Can you take a picture? My guess is the latching block needs to be adjusted downwards. I had this problem, but not quite 1/2". I made some adjustments and it came down a bit. I ordered a S shape 10mm wrench so I can get in there better to make the adjustment. Probably will do so today.