Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow Power Frunk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I installed one on my wife's 2019 M3 about 6 months ago.....had troubler with it not sensing the foot opener.....it was a technical software issue that was resolved....Had a new sensor installed and no issues sense....Wife is 5'-0" and had trouble if I were to install button on the top of the tailgate, so I installed it on the side of the wall on the right side....no she is a happy camper....she can now open with four or the hand switch with fill-in up her rolling Nordstrom foot locker

Glad you solved the fingerprint issue, but I would be worried about the creasing issue more.
The creasing issue was more prevalent in the single latch version of the frunk. It was from people slamming the hood so even if you have that version it's a non-issue if you simply lower and then press the "hood" into place. This is why finger or palm printing becomes an issue but I'd much rather have that than a crease. In the newer versions with dual latches this is less common they claim the new design eliminates it. I'm not willing to test that so I still lower and press even on my newer two-latch cars.

Reactions: r1200gs4ok
I just installed the Hannshow frunk kit on my X. Anyone have an issue with their safety latch wire/ball snapping? Mine just did. Super bummed. I adjusted it exactly 5 mm as they said. After the 6th or 7th time testing it, it popped off.

Hi everyone I currently just installed the power frunk mod on my Model S. If anyone is in LA and would like it done let me know. It was a bit of a pain to get it done as I was unable to find a good install video. However I like the power option. This is how the car should come from the factory if I'm being honest. Hit me up if there are questions or if you want more information on the install process. I'm currently not working so I can help do the install if you all need it.
Hi, thanks for your comments. I recently installed both the Frunk and Trunk kits. All is working well. I do have a question on how the emergency Frunk release is supposed to work. Not that I need it now but just in case would like to know that it works. I tried to pull the release cable and it does unlatch the Frunk door but does not unlock it. I communicated with Hansshow and they told me the release only works if there is no power. Wanted to know your thoughts on this. Thanks

Hi everyone I currently just installed the power frunk mod on my Model S. If anyone is in LA and would like it done let me know. It was a bit of a pain to get it done as I was unable to find a good install video. However I like the power option. This is how the car should come from the factory if I'm being honest. Hit me up if there are questions or if you want more information on the install process. I'm currently not working so I can help do the install if you all need it.
Hi, thanks for your comments. I also recently installed both the Frunk and Trunk kits from Hansshow. I am happy to report that all works well. That said, I like to be prepared. My question is relative to the Frunk emergency release cable. I tried to test it and it only unlatches the Frunk door but does not unlock it ( it opens about an inch or so). I reached out to Hansshow to validate and they told me that the cable only unlocks Frunk if there is no power. Wanted your thoughts on that. Thank you

Hi, thanks for your comments. I recently installed both the Frunk and Trunk kits. All is working well. I do have a question on how the emergency Frunk release is supposed to work. Not that I need it now but just in case would like to know that it works. I tried to pull the release cable and it does unlatch the Frunk door but does not unlock it. I communicated with Hansshow and they told me the release only works if there is no power. Wanted to know your thoughts on this. Thanks

I don't have the Hansshow but if that's what they claim; can't you just disconnect the power and test it again?

I never checked if the cable worked. My car is pre refresh.