Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow Power Frunk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone I currently just installed the power frunk mod on my Model S. If anyone is in LA and would like it done let me know. It was a bit of a pain to get it done as I was unable to find a good install video. However I like the power option. This is how the car should come from the factory if I'm being honest. Hit me up if there are questions or if you want more information on the install process. I'm currently not working so I can help do the install if you all need it.

Hi everyone I currently just installed the power frunk mod on my Model S. If anyone is in LA and would like it done let me know. It was a bit of a pain to get it done as I was unable to find a good install video. However I like the power option. This is how the car should come from the factory if I'm being honest. Hit me up if there are questions or if you want more information on the install process. I'm currently not working so I can help do the install if you all need it.
I installed mine in November, love it. Worked flawlessly till yesterday. Now when I try to open frunk it’s getting stuck. It pops up but is still latched. I have to pull the cable release to in latch it then if I hit the button again it opens. It closes fine but won’t open.

I installed mine in November, love it. Worked flawlessly till yesterday. Now when I try to open frunk it’s getting stuck. It pops up but is still latched. I have to pull the cable release to in latch it then if I hit the button again it opens. It closes fine but won’t open.

Try putting in the original latch spring or increase the opening force.

Power Frunk | No more fingerprints on the hood!

• Helpful
Reactions: davezforce
Try putting in the original latch spring or increase the opening force.

Power Frunk | No more fingerprints on the hood!
Hi Russel, thanks for the reply. Is the opening force the same as the speed? Or is there a different setting for that. I had the opening speed set on the highest level since I installed it. It’s just strange everything was great and out of no where it just jams up on opening. It’s like the timing is off some how. I eve re checked the latch by manually latching with screwdriver and hitting the emergency frunk button and the latch fully opens.

I've been putting off mods as my car is still under an ESA and has been in the shop five times since October - being careful - I don't want to give Tesla an excuse to deny coverage. Are the modifications invasive? Require cutting anything? Splicing or cutting wires?

Reactions: AMPd
I've been putting off mods as my car is still under an ESA and has been in the shop five times since October - being careful - I don't want to give Tesla an excuse to deny coverage. Are the modifications invasive? Require cutting anything? Splicing or cutting wires?
The hanshow kit is 100percent plug and play. I can’t speak for the Tesla offer kit. At the time I installed mine it wasn’t, that’s why I went hanshow. If your worried about this kit, or the price of it, I have the auto open only replacement gas struts and new spring for sale that I had installed for a couple weeks before I bought this kit. You can have it for $30 dollars if you want lol.

I am at level 2.

How long has it been installed? After installing, how long before it started to give you trouble?

Make sure the latch is centered with the hood catch.
It happened directly after installation. At level 1+2+3 the door lift up around 2 centimeters, stopps and fall back in its starting position. The latch is well centered with the hood catch and should not be the problem.

I adjusted the strength before installing the covers. Maybe this causes the problem.

Adjusting the strength before installing the covers should not be a problem. We all had to do that.

Have you tried using the original latch spring instead of the one from Hansshow? Some people have had success with it.
Is the ground wire making good contact to clean bare metal and the positive wire is connected to the battery terminal?

I've emailed the company - no response. Placed an order but be sure to use the link in the LivingTech YouTube or it won't work.

Any ideas how long it took to arrive? Is it coming from China? Is there a safety thing that prevents it from opening if not in Park?

Thanks in advance.